Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Hitman_HalStep

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

*walks past whistling and casually drops*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MdOBH- ... e=youtu.be
*keeps walking*
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I finally preordered it, the black armour edition version for the 360 (sorry lost dragon :) )but we never did manage to go soul searching together! (Not for want of trying)

Eat your nans pants

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:13 am

A few bits of info have leaked through, the main one being you can be invaded while in any form. To help out there's some sort of police clan. It sounds like an awful idea, knowing you could be invaded in human form gave you a risk reward strategy. If it happens at any time random deaths and unfairnes would be the obvious outcome. Hopefully FROM have some strategy in place, but if they are relying on the good will of the community to stop abuse of the system the game will be a disaster :)

Also heard stories of an always depleting health bar while you are in your dead form. I just hope they don't start messing with the formual too much.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 am

crusto wrote:I finally preordered it, the black armour edition version for the 360 (sorry lost dragon :) )but we never did manage to go soul searching together! (Not for want of trying)
:lol: Why you dirty rotten.......

True though, many (failed) attempts to do co-op was enough to drive you to the dark side.Pity as it was that aspect that really made the series stand out.

Yeah not keen on idea of being invaded, no matter your form, that sounds like it could go tits up, pretty swiftly, last thing you'd need if you were making your way back to a boss, is for some uber-ninja'ed up character to invade, kick your ass before you even reached boss.That'd do my head right in.

Love the lighting effects in that video, but...looking at Dark souls frame rate and lower resolution (than Demon's) due to the A.I routines being more advanced, i hope it's not come at cost of A.I....

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:08 am

I am loving the look of this, Dark Souls remains for me the best game of last gen, I am in a bit of a dilemma tho as I have nothing yet to play it on. I am pretty miffed they are not releasing it on PS4 but can understand the reasoning behind it, a Demon Souls prequel/successor as a PS4 exclusive is rumored so I hope that is true.
My dilemma is I recently sold my PS3 as i'm concentrating on the new generation, so I have had to cancel my Limited Edition DS2 preorder.
I am at the planning stage of building a gaming pc to go aslongside my PS4 but my head is in bits as to what spec to go for, plus the Limited Edition on pc has not yet been given a release date.
This may sound daft but I find the ps3 is now unplayable as the front end is so slow and clunky compared to the PS4 plus the pad is simply awful now I have been using the new DS4. So I will be playing dark Souls 2 on pc hopefully when it's released if I can get my head around what pc spec to go for.
"Time fades even legend..."

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 am

9/10 on Eurogamer and muggins here pre-orders it, yet is working nights day it's out, plus the weekend.Gahhh...

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:55 am

I'm pretty excited now, this is the only reason I kept with my 360 rather than going next gen. Reviews are very positive, that's the next two months of gaming sorted :)

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:29 am

Ordered the colectors edition on PS3, currently hacking through my first DS playthrough so I probably wont get round to playing this till 2016!!

joefish

Post by joefish » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 am

I'm just waiting for the price of the first one to crash... :lol:

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 am

I have tooo much on the to play pile to justify buying this right now; but I will in a few months. I'm playing Demon Souls still; and started playing Halo matchmaking again :oops:

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:43 am

got the plat on demon souls and finished darksouls a couple of times.

Had the collectors edition pre ordered since it was announced. getting in on ps3, just hope I have enough time to plat it. So many good games out this month
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 am

snesfanboy wrote:won't be getting it

have Dark Souls on Xbox360, atmosphere, graphics, sound, gameplay are all ace but... it's too damn hard for me, after about 10hrs i'm still in the beginning, but i must admit that the aura that Dark Souls II emits makes it quite tempting

maybe should give the first one another effort
funnily, 2 months further on, i've finished Dark Souls and now am playing through Demon's Souls, so yes, eventually i'll be getting this as well :lol:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Starting to get hyped for this, although I want to see and do everything in Dark Souls before getting it in.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am

I've pre-ordered with amazon, first class delivery so expecting the game to turn up on Tuesday :) One more day to go!

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:17 pm

enjoying the game so far killed the first 4 bosses. Been slightly harder then ds1 due to the amount of mobs you gotta fight at once.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta