Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Trixta

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Trixta » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 am

snesfanboy wrote:yesterday night at around 2:30 i killed the guardian dragon 1st try, solo, amazing moment

not so amazing was the shrine of amana, frustrating part really outshining the award part

also, after that i used summons much quicker now for boss fights than before, hell, the boss in shrine of amana => doing almost no damage with my weapon, glad i brought summons with me :twisted:
Ye shrine of amana by far the most frustrating area of the game. Those damn casters that fire lock on skills at you -_-. Im not sure what they changed but its much harder to dodge magic skills compared to demon/dark 1
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:50 am

I'm on the undead crypt, shrine of amana was a real pain mostly because of instant death drops in the water.Drangelic castle was tough but achieveable, nearly there, only a few more areas to go.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Unlocked some new areas tonight. I killed the medusa type boss in the poison area and unlocked iron keep. Then I managed to get another branch thingy and free the statue by the door handle in majula.

I'm not sure where to go first now, Drangleic castle looks like it may be beyond me as things stand. There was another area too, can't remember the name now, really foggy to start with and there were ghost like creatures attacking. Once through there I was soon dispatched by the foes around the place. Maybe I should go back to the iron keep.

Suggestions welcome :D

Eat your nans pants

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 am

I've cleared Harvest Valley and I am slowly working through clearing/soul farming Earthen Peak.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 am

crusto wrote:I'm not sure where to go first now, Drangleic castle looks like it may be beyond me as things stand. There was another area too, can't remember the name now, really foggy to start with and there were ghost like creatures attacking. Once through there I was soon dispatched by the foes around the place. Maybe I should go back to the iron keep.

Suggestions welcome :D
You don't really want to be in drangelic castle until you've lit all 4 primal bonfires. Iron keep is the best place to level up, lots of souls once you work a route through the first area. The second part and mini bosses are pretty tough, I'd say go through the fog, there's a merchant on the left with an easy dialogue achievement and the end boss after a few levels is easier than the iron keep boss.

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:20 pm

i'm at the Iron Keep now

the previous boss at Earthen Peak (that snake woman in the poison) was impossible to do solo, the poison Always got me or else it was one of her moves, anyway, i summoned and she was a goner => and i'm level 153 at the moment!

i just rage quit in Iron Keep, was standing behind a pillar, trying to snipe a knight, knight shot an Arrow and he somehow managed to predict where i was standing :evil:

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:44 am

I think if you set fire to the windmill it gets rid of the poison, that information is not much use to you now though :)

I'm up to the dragon aerie, this and aldia's keep are two of the coolest looking areas so far, they should have been earlier in the game instead of the murky dark levels.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 am

I'm Soul Farming in Iron Keep now

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:37 am

I finished the game a few days back, just as the forum went a bit nuts. Great game, last boss was surprisingly easy. Took me about 65 hours, level 153, got 770/1000 achievements on my run through, just missing the collectables and a couple of random summon people at the right time. NG+.....nah :) I just don't have enough free time to do it all again, pretty wiped out too. That's all three souls games done though, I'm happy enough with that.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm at the iron keep too. Smelter demon is a goner and I've been soul farming as I feel a bit powder puff, especially with my dragon rider bow. Dexterity is being worked on as we speak, I want at least 30, 40 strength and 10 intelligence so I can use the black knight axe. Old iron king is a right tough mofo, but a good source of souls if xbl isn't playing up. Most regular enemies have stopped spawning now but I'm reluctant to use an acetate as the area is annoying enough as it is. Lots of cheap lava related deaths to be had here...

I've also discovered the gutter, don't like the look of this place at all, poisonville....

Loving this game.

Eat your nans pants

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:30 pm

finished it a couple of days ago, am now leaving summon signs to assist people for sunlight medals (want to get max covenant trophy)

all games in the souls series are great, hope From does a King's Field game again (felt that DS2 had a lot of elements and some levels the look of KF IV on PS2)

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Iron keep main boss is dead, that's 2 primal fires lit now, 3 in total on the map in the house. I'm now busy in the shaded woods area, just had the nasty surprise of all my gear breaking after falling into a hole. Feck it! I need to stock up on some repair powder. I could really do with stocking up on twinkling titanite but have no idea where to farm it. I've got lots of gear that needs powering up.

My guide book arrived today, I only plan to use it when desperate and just wanted it to go with the DS1 guide. it's lovely, money well spent.

Edit: Is the Belfry sol just another pvp area? Or is there stuff worth having in there? Reason I'm asking is I keep getting killed by the three guys right at the beginning lol (if I don't get invaded) I won't persevere if there's not much need.

Eat your nans pants

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

Belfry sol just takes you around and back to iron keep, in the room with the fame heads and collapsing platforms. Nothing there really. Belfry luna back in the lost bastille has some goodies at the end but you have to beat the gargoyles first.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 am

yes both those areas of pvp, Belfry luna does have the gargoyles from the first dark souls game as bosses iirc you get a key from killing them. Belfry sol has a rare spawn phantom invader that drops good pvp Armour (you can also farm him for bell tower rep).
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

crusto wrote:
Edit: Is the Belfry sol just another pvp area? Or is there stuff worth having in there? Reason I'm asking is I keep getting killed by the three guys right at the beginning lol (if I don't get invaded) I won't persevere if there's not much need.
there is some simpleton spice to be found there, to lower requirements on some spells (or was it skeptic spice for miracles?)