Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Grizzly

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Grizzly » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 pm

crusto wrote:I still haven't forgiven this game yet after my post not so far back and am having a breather. I'm getting the itch to play again now though which is only a good thing...

Here's a little hinty doodle to get you going again.

In the no mans wharf you can get a ring which completely negates the need for effigies or soul loss. It's called the ring of life protection. Get it. It has an effect which makes sure you don't lose your humanity on death and it also keeps your souls as well! The downside? It breaks when you die. No biggy as you can head back to your nearest blacksmith and repair it for 3000 souls! I'm sure it will be patched at some point but make hay while the sun (praise be it) shines!
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Cheers for that grizzly. That's a pretty odd item, I would rather they just left it like last time and kept enemies spawning infinitely. This way you can level up whilst farming items to keep you human..

But I will definitely be using that ring, I already have it but thought it was a single use item.

Eat your nans pants

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon May 05, 2014 2:43 am

Soul Farming in Iron Keep.
Increasing the Bonfire at the IronHearth Hall and raking up the souls from the nearby enemies...
It feels great, indeed

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 am

still Soul Farming in Iron Keep.
The Bonfire at IronHearth Hall is now up to level 5!

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu May 08, 2014 2:27 am

Killed The Pursuer (round 2) in Iron Keep using just Lightening Spear.
Very happy with myself

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Fri May 09, 2014 2:41 am

Killed the two Dragon Riders in the Drangelic Castle...
They were no match for my Lightening Spears (they don't like it up 'em!)
Ever onwards...

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon May 12, 2014 1:56 am

Okay, this seems to be my blog post... so here goes...
Yesterday I managed to kill three (3) bosses:-
The Belfry Luna Gargoyles
The Royal Rat Vanguard and,
The Looking Glass Knight
Very pleased with myself :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 am

After 150 hours on DS I moved only DS2 last night, there's already more story to this than the previous titles after 1 hour of play!! ;)

After starting Dark/Demons Souls both a few years after release I've never played a game in the series so early after release - there are tons of people playing the game if the ghost images are anything to go by!!

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Kilb wrote:still Soul Farming in Iron Keep.
A very easy way exists to farm 420,000 souls every five minutes (as long as you use the right equipment) I do not want to spoil anything but look to one of the Dead Giant Memories and the use of a Bonfire Ascetic, as well as the souls you also get two twinkling titanite every time you do it. To make it even better a Bonfire Ascetic is in the level so as long as you have one in your inventory you can do this an infinite amount of times as once the bonfire hits NG+7 the difficulty stays at that.
Use Dark Orb and the boss is a walkover, just be carefull of your soul memory if you want to do multiplayer.
"Time fades even legend..."

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu May 15, 2014 2:49 am

by ZXSabreman on Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Kilb wrote:still Soul Farming in Iron Keep.

A very easy way exists to farm 420,000 souls every five minutes (as long as you use the right equipment) I do not want to spoil anything but look to one of the Dead Giant Memories and the use of a Bonfire Ascetic, as well as the souls you also get two twinkling titanite every time you do it. To make it even better a Bonfire Ascetic is in the level so as long as you have one in your inventory you can do this an infinite amount of times as once the bonfire hits NG+7 the difficulty stays at that.
Use Dark Orb and the boss is a walkover, just be carefull of your soul memory if you want to do multiplayer.
Thanks for that, ZXSabreman.
I'm a long way off of Dragon Shrine. This is still my first playthrough (I have major problems with Boss Fights. It's in my DNA).
I'm in the Shrine of Amana at the moment. I return to Iron Keep to complete my Soul Level requirement need to level up.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 am

Dark Souls 2 seems positively friendly in comparison to Demons/Dark Souls!!

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat May 17, 2014 2:41 am

Into the Undead Crypt now...
I was disappointed with the Demon of Songs Boss battle previously. He easily succumbed to my barrage of Lightening Spears. Oh well, it's very rare for me to say that a boss was easy in Dark Souls.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon May 19, 2014 2:54 am

I managed to defeat Velstadt, The Royal Aegis on my first attempt. Long live Lightening Spears!
Now I am soul farming in the long hallway before the boss encounter by ringing the bell to summon the Leydia Witches & Apostles.
Ring bell, destroy with Lightening Spears, continue until miracles depleted, return to bonfire and repeat...
Saving up the souls to purchase the extra goodies in Majula and upgrade items...

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:53 am

Has anybody played the DLC? It looks ok but I really don't want to dig out my 360 again at this point. What are the chances of a next gen version, or at least a 'game of the year' version?

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:27 am

Next gen version it is then. I really hope we see a cross save feature, I'd love to be able to transfer my character over so I can play all the DLC with improved graphics. I love the game but another 80 hours is daunting.