Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

crusto

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by crusto » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Hit a bit of a wall again with this. I've run out of effigys and keep getting offed by the scorpion 'ho. Hardly any online activity had resulted in my energy bar ebbing away...

Had some strange online goings on with the same player. Twice we got the got scorpion woman's bar past half way, then he banished me. Really frustrating as I was desperate to get back my human form (and hit points!)

I've done other bits and bobs in the mean time, but need to progress past scorpion lady..

Eat your nans pants

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:18 pm

crusto wrote:Hit a bit of a wall again with this. I've run out of effigys and keep getting offed by the scorpion 'ho. Hardly any online activity had resulted in my energy bar ebbing away...

Had some strange online goings on with the same player. Twice we got the got scorpion woman's bar past half way, then he banished me. Really frustrating as I was desperate to get back my human form (and hit points!)

I've done other bits and bobs in the mean time, but need to progress past scorpion lady..
the dog mobs at Lost Bastille have a high drop rate on effigys
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

crusto wrote:Hit a bit of a wall again with this. I've run out of effigys and keep getting offed by the scorpion 'ho. Hardly any online activity had resulted in my energy bar ebbing away...

i managed to do this one solo (couldn't believe it myself)

1) when she goes under the sand, make sure you stand on the piece of solid ground
2) don't block her physical attacks, try to roll away
3) for magic attacks she does => equip a shield that blocks magic, there is one that blocks 85% of it, even better, when she fires those missiles at you, rolling towards here on time makes you go under them

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 am

That damn Scorpioness, Najka.
It took me at least 12 attempts to destroy her (yes, I really am that rubbish at boss fights)
As soon as she emerged from the sand I blasted her with two Flame Swathes, rolled in close (not too close) and hacked her twin stingers off.
Then it was just a matter of, 'Swipe and go' until she died.
Enjoying the Doors of Pharros now, even though I lost 1/2 level of souls to an invasion double crossbow man near the bonfire.... Razzin Frazzin

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 am

Just entered Brightstone Cove Tseldora...

"Spiders, why does it have to be spiders?", to misquote Indy

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 am

Had a brief chance to whittle away at this again. Currently at a few areas. That big rat thing at the Pharros area. Which looks like a re-skinned Sif. Get mobbed by the little toxic rats and then splattered by the big one. Also keep getting grey phantom's invading me in this area which is annoying as they invariably smash me to bits.

Also at the Iron keep. Have yet to kill the smelter demon, and have gotten to another fog gate that is outdoors beyond a bunch of turtle guards.

The Black Gulch too, at that big demon made up from different bodies. Really annoying area. All those spitting statues.

Still enjoying it though, and glad to be dragging it out periodically. Though I do think the layout of the place is a little random. Dark Souls made sense, the whole layout was believable. Drangleic's layout makes very little sense.

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 am

I'm with you there, I liked the way everything eventually linked up in dark souls. This seems a bit of mish mash between demons and dark in terms of level design.

Eat your nans pants

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 am

I have found a room in Drangleic Castle (near the first bonfire) with re-spawning enemies to soul farm :D
I know use them to purchase upgrades/items, or to complete the next level requirement of souls...

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

I reckon I've lost around 80000 souls tonight, at least. Due to a combination of cheap deaths and general bad play by myself. I'm struggling to regain human form and all effigy dropping enemies aren't dropping them, that's with gold serpent ring +1 equipped! I wasted a bonfire ascetic tonight and got 1 poxy effigy in return - enemies have stopped spawning again...

When I manage to get summoned to help somebody they either die or if not them it's me. And activity is crap, im waiting ages between summons. I managed 3 coop sessions tonight in 3 hours...

This game is pissing me right off at the minute, everything is geared to halt progress seemingly. I physically can't progress at the moment.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Eat your nans pants

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:55 am

Got this through the post this morning, so had a quick bash at it. Three deaths inside of fifteen minutes, and i was short of lighting 3 pedestals at the beginning. I had a close encounter with a giant fat Cyclops and died, as a second one came from behind (bastard), and accidentally wasted 5 lifegems :/ still enjoyed what i played though.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:45 am

I finally built up the courage to enter the pit.
Oh my goodness...
After dying about 5 times falling too far or just slipping off the edge of a ledge (I had the Fall Control spell equipped!), I entered The Grave of Saints.
Very disappointed with this area, so I continued downwards until I finally reached, The Gutter.
Help me, please...............

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:00 am

Kilb wrote:I finally built up the courage to enter the pit.
Oh my goodness...
After dying about 5 times falling too far or just slipping off the edge of a ledge (I had the Fall Control spell equipped!), I entered The Grave of Saints.
Very disappointed with this area, so I continued downwards until I finally reached, The Gutter.
Help me, please...............
1 advise : go very slowly throug it, try to light up as many of the torches there, it will help with the visibility, don't waste any human effigy until most of the torches there are lighted up

wait till you get to the next section... :twisted:

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 am

Thank you for the advice...
I have been running on half hollowed health now for a while as I explore. That way I don't get too frustrated when I die many times.
I got through the Gutter as quickly as possible and entered the Gulch. Harvested area and left the boss for another day.
Used Bonfire Ascetic on Undead Purgatory as I read you can get a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +2 there on NG+ level.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:25 am

D'OH!

In my advancing middle age years I have made an error...
There was I increasing the Bonfire Level in the Undead Purgatory in hope of getting the Covetous Silver Ring +2.
I finally managed to kill the boss. (A great tip is to kill the two Necromancers, clear up an skeletons remaining, then stand in an alcove. Do not lower the portcullis, just snipe the chariot horses as they thunder by with a bow/crossbow. You have to time it just right, though. I released the bowstring just as I saw the shadow of the beast appear on the wall to my right. I eventually found that the horses fell down the pit!).

Anyway...
Got the ring, thinking, 'Great, now I can amass great numbers of Souls', only to remember that the collected ring only increases stamina recover speed.
(I got the name of the two rings mixed up)
Oh well, on to the Mytha Boss...

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 pm

I still haven't forgiven this game yet after my post not so far back and am having a breather. I'm getting the itch to play again now though which is only a good thing...

Eat your nans pants