Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Kilb

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Kilb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 am

by crusto on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Kilb wrote:After the humiliation of being pounded to death by both The Pursuer and Old Dragonslayer,
I decided to use my Bonfire Ascetic on the first Heide's Tower of Flame Bonfire to soul farm and practice my dodge/counter attack on the Old Knights.
I slowly progressed through the No-Man's Wharf, and to my delight, activated the Pharros' Lockstone, illuminating the area by the giant overhead chandelier.
For me, this game just keeps giving enjoyment (when not being pulverised by the Boss encounters) :(

Where did you get the ascetic? I'm sure I remember picking one up but can't see it anywhere in my inventory....
I selected it as a gift when I created my character

I've cleared out No Man's Wharf (with the exception of the boss, as usual), and have just started the Huntsmans Copse
My Knight now has the Caressing Prayer miracle

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:28 am

i had caved in last week and yesterday received my order of Dark Souls 2 for PS3

died 8 times in tutorial area to defeat those 2 ogres on the beach :shock:

now in Forest Of Fallen Giants, look and music of hub area Majula is great 8)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:06 am

Trixta wrote:Actually you're wrong, all trophy's can be done offline. Certain mobs can drop the tokens you need for the covenants
Fair enough, that may be technically correct, but the drops are rare and you would be looking at a whole lot of fairly pointless farming. I'd still maintain the achievements are very poor and most people playing in a few months time will have little chance of full completion.

I'm up to the iron keep now, progress being made :)

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:
Trixta wrote:Actually you're wrong, all trophy's can be done offline. Certain mobs can drop the tokens you need for the covenants
Fair enough, that may be technically correct, but the drops are rare and you would be looking at a whole lot of fairly pointless farming. I'd still maintain the achievements are very poor and most people playing in a few months time will have little chance of full completion.

I'm up to the iron keep now, progress being made :)
You only have to max out 2 covenants tho, sunlight which you get from helping other and the dark covenant which you have to complete 3 mini dungeons. Oh and rank 2 for the bell tower which is 10 pvp kill (i think).

The achievements are pretty similar to ds1, except you don't have to max out every cov and max out each different type of weapons.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:58 am

I finally managed to defeat the Flexile Sentry Boss yesterday... :)
Yep, that's the one that all the world and his whippet beat first attempt. It took me 5 goes... :(
Soul farming/clearing out the Huntsman's Copse at the moment

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Kilb wrote:I finally managed to defeat the Flexile Sentry Boss yesterday... :)
Yep, that's the one that all the world and his whippet beat first attempt. It took me 5 goes... :(
You should try him on ng+ when it adds two additional mobs in the room -_- I would've gone to the Lost Bastille myself, but the 3 bosses is a censored there.

Anyway just got my plat trophy, sunk around 85 hours in to the game. Still are areas/doors I haven't opened, but I really wanna play infamous 2 now so will come back to it and a later date.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Trixta wrote:
Kilb wrote:I finally managed to defeat the Flexile Sentry Boss yesterday... :)
You should try him on ng+ when it adds two additional mobs in the room -_- I would've gone to the Lost Bastille myself, but the 3 bosses is a censored there.

Anyway just got my plat trophy, sunk around 85 hours in to the game. Still are areas/doors I haven't opened, but I really wanna play infamous 2 now so will come back to it and a later date.
Talking of locked doors, where's the key to the door near the giant tree boss in fallen giants area?

Eat your nans pants

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 am

by crusto on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

Talking of locked doors, where's the key to the door near the giant tree boss in fallen giants area?
I believe it is found much, much later in the game

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 am

crusto wrote: Talking of locked doors, where's the key to the door near the giant tree boss in fallen giants area?
You get it after beating The iron keep
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:21 am

Just found my way down to the bottom of the well :D . Jeez how many effing lock stones do you need down here? I only had one and it did eff all. And I keep getting summoned as a grey spirit and subsequently bum holed by the host. This game is truly mad lol.

Eat your nans pants

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:29 am

crusto wrote:Just found my way down to the bottom of the well :D . Jeez how many effing lock stones do you need down here? I only had one and it did eff all. And I keep getting summoned as a grey spirit and subsequently bum holed by the host. This game is truly mad lol.
Ye that zone is a pvp zone, when you join the rat conv you can summon players in to your world. You get the option to join the rats after you kill one of the bosses. From what I remember most the lock stones do nothing, unless you see a bridge on the opposite side. Infact I think they activate traps when you join the rats.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 am

I hit a bit of a wall but got through it. I decided to level up my intelligence and have a ranged attack option. Wasn't quite enough for the old iron king - this boss is a nightmare! All his attacks would juggle me into some lava and instant death, if you get close he hammers you. Took me 15 goes but I did it all on my own. The spider boss in brightstone was a pushover in comparison, 3 primal bonfires lit only one more to go.

ootini

Post by ootini » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 am

Seriously loving Dark Souls II, had been anticipating since I heard the announcement. I've only been home on the weekends so I haven't gotten that far into it. Have managed to get through a few of the bosses, but those 3 Sentinels in the Lost Basttille are complete ba$tards. Even with two phantoms along to help they keep twatting us all. And those mobs of greatsword wielders on the way to them… complete and utter vvankers.

Also stuck on a section at the base of sinners rise; a watery area with hulking- fish-mutant-troll-things and fall-over-and-explodey mummies. More ba$tards.

and whats with those three gerbil things in Majula?

Cant wait to get stuck back in tomorrow evening.

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:26 pm

ootini wrote:Seriously loving Dark Souls II, had been anticipating since I heard the announcement. I've only been home on the weekends so I haven't gotten that far into it. Have managed to get through a few of the bosses, but those 3 Sentinels in the Lost Basttille are complete ba$tards. Even with two phantoms along to help they keep twatting us all. And those mobs of greatsword wielders on the way to them… complete and utter vvankers.

Also stuck on a section at the base of sinners rise; a watery area with hulking- fish-mutant-troll-things and fall-over-and-explodey mummies. More ba$tards.

and whats with those three gerbil things in Majula?

Cant wait to get stuck back in tomorrow evening.
I don't like to brag normally but will do on this occasion... I offed the 3 sentinels on my jack :D

Those fish trolls and mummies are a nause. The trolls can be fought one at a time and are quite slow, but if they hit you... As for the mummies, most annoying enemies in the game for me. Especially if they mob you, it can be impossible to escape them. Again, it's trying to be sneaky enough to alert as few as possible, easy to kill one at a time.

Eat your nans pants

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:28 am

yesterday night at around 2:30 i killed the guardian dragon 1st try, solo, amazing moment

not so amazing was the shrine of amana, frustrating part really outshining the award part

also, after that i used summons much quicker now for boss fights than before, hell, the boss in shrine of amana => doing almost no damage with my weapon, glad i brought summons with me :twisted: