Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lost Dragon

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 am

:? Just downloaded latest patch.No idea what it 'fixes' mind (PS3).

Ahh fer f**ks sake, so that's why i re-started my orig.game, thought 'ang on, i did'nt pick a lass, it was the coffin that changed me sex.Gahh....

:lol: Just put the lockstone in the face at the wharf, place lit up, lot of hissing ( it was like a RG feedback thread born real.....) but nothing else seems to have happened/been unlocked...any clues?

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 am

The lockstones seem to open bridges, secret doors etc. I've got a few in my inventory thanks to the rat clan, some make very little difference. I know there is an illusionary wall in one of the last huts before you reach the ship, it has an extra estus shard in there.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:The lockstones seem to open bridges, secret doors etc. I've got a few in my inventory thanks to the rat clan, some make very little difference. I know there is an illusionary wall in one of the last huts before you reach the ship, it has an extra estus shard in there.
Now the place is lit up, it seems to be driving those long-armed bast*rd monsters crazy, seems they hate the light.I've seen others open up that wall you mention, but buggered if i can.Hitting it does nothing, is there a pressure plate or something? looks like you need 2 players in room.Just activated another well, but up came a cage with 3 bandaged freaks in, death followed...

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Ye those lock stones seem a bit hit and miss some times they open secret areas, some times they open traps and some times they do nothing? In Doors of Pharros they are tons of them everywhere, but they dont seem to do anything? Maybe if you manage to active them all something happens, but one part of the map theres almost 10 of them on the same wall :s

Started ng+ killed the first 5 bosses np, not really much difference atm apart from lots of random red phantoms around and a few different mob spawns.

Really liking how much hidden stuff there is in this game. Seems almost every map has hidden walls and areas.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:49 pm

This game is driving me up the wall, I'm ready to throw the towel in tbh, not enjoying it one bit now. Keep getting attacked by mobs, killed, lose more energy for next attempt, rinse repeat, no effigys left, unable to collect enough souls to buy effigys, unable to level up, places I could farm now devoid of enemies etc etc. Classic Catch 22, I tried Heidi's tower place, killed instantly.

Insanely difficult, unfairly so. I can't see how I can get myself out of this rut I've got myself into. Weapons break far too easily too.

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 pm

crusto wrote:This game is driving me up the wall, I'm ready to throw the towel in tbh, not enjoying it one bit now. Keep getting attacked by mobs, killed, lose more energy for next attempt, rinse repeat, no effigys left, unable to collect enough souls to buy effigys, unable to level up, places I could farm now devoid of enemies etc etc. Classic Catch 22, I tried Heidi's tower place, killed instantly.

Insanely difficult, unfairly so. I can't see how I can get myself out of this rut I've got myself into. Weapons break far too easily too.
:lol: P*ssy!.

PS4 HD graphics made you go soft mate?

Ohh come on, i cannot say P*ssy as in censored-cat?

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Maybe so, but I don't have time to get repeatedly killed. Im completely stuck, will try again tomorrow. But I'm seriously considering canning this.

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:15 pm

crusto wrote:Maybe so, but I don't have time to get repeatedly killed. Im completely stuck, will try again tomorrow. But I'm seriously considering canning this.
:lol: I feel the same...about leaving feedback on here......(the site, not this thread).

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Lost Dragon wrote:
crusto wrote:Maybe so, but I don't have time to get repeatedly killed. Im completely stuck, will try again tomorrow. But I'm seriously considering canning this.
:lol: I feel the same...about leaving feedback on here......(the site, not this thread).
I can't put my finger on why I'm struggling so much tbh. I finished demons easily enough, got way into NG+ on Dark, but can't do the initial level on Dark 2! Surely I haven't lost it over the last year or so :shock: .

What bothers me more is people in this thread having finished the game after just 25 hours and others moaning about how easy it is! I'm getting an inferiority complex lol.

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm

:lol: Your powers are weak old man!

You want me to email From Software mate, get you some L-plates?

Never thought i'd read you all people looking at throwing in the towel, so soon, on the easiest game of the series....

Give it a few days, hell even start from scratch mate.....

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah, might do. I started as a warrior, as I did in both demons and dark. I've got elite knight armour, short sword, move around freely during battle but simply can't avoid the mob attacks. Stamina drains too quick and I'm there for the taking, I can't fight tactically as my character won't respond quickly enough. I take one hit and it's like my character is stuck in quick sand.

I might try some naked battle, see if that helps.

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm

crusto wrote:Yeah, might do. I started as a warrior, as I did in both demons and dark. I've got elite knight armour, short sword, move around freely during battle but simply can't avoid the mob attacks. Stamina drains too quick and I'm there for the taking, I can't fight tactically as my character won't respond quickly enough. I take one hit and it's like my character is stuck in quick sand.

I might try some naked battle, see if that helps.
:lol: Try playing naked.....

Ohhh, you mean your in-game character...yeah, there is that option.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 pm

just takes a bit or time to get back in to the swing or things. i struggled at the start but soon found the game a cake walk. You should be doing Forest of Fallen Giants ( 2 bosses) b4 you go to heides tower.

Just stay light and stack some stamina
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:37 am

I killed the Fallen Giant boss 1st attempt. Thought I was dead when he fell on me.
When a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound...
I am practising with Bastard Sword/Halberd combination. Seems to work well on those pesky Ironclads...
Cleaning up the final areas of respawning before attempting the fire salamanders...

Dear Crusto...
I found that over the time period between this and Dark Souls 1, I had lost the rhythm of the combat, it plays out like a dance.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 am

Come on Crusto you can't quit yet, you just need a change of tactics. The mob attacks are a pain but they are not that frequent, you can usually lure enemies out in smaller groups and there is always a way of using the terrain to your advantage.