Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

crusto

Dark Souls 2

Post by crusto » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 am

Release date is getting nearer now :D

I absolutely loved demons souls and dark souls so will no doubt be getting this. I still haven't decided what flavour to buy, or whether to fork out for a CE or not but yeah, I can't wait for my next bout of punishment.

I'm a bit miffed that it's not coming out for the PS4 though...anyway who's getting it and for what machine?

Eat your nans pants

sirpigmeat

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by sirpigmeat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 am

Never played demon souls as I haven't got a PS3 yet... but played dark souls on the xbox360 and it was great so i'll certainly be getting 2 at some point... i'm getting a PS3 sometime this year so i'm not sure what version to get really... maybe i'll pick up demon souls and dark souls 2 for ps3 together...

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Good idea, demons souls is arguably better than dark souls, you will love it.

Eat your nans pants

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:28 pm

I must return to those games but found them so hard, by the way it's a revelation that you like those games crusto! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Put my pre-order in few months back, lordy knows what version i clicked now though, more interested in game rather than 'tat' that comes with it.

Completed Dark Souls, then few weeks back started play through afresh for DLC, loved it.

Demon's Souls (Completed, 70% through 2nd playthrough the far better game mind).Put Demon's Souls 2 out on PS4 as an exclusive, you've sold me a PS4, it's that simple.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Preordered the Limited Edition from amazon months ago, I will be getting the PS3 version but i'm well fed up it's not coming to PS4, after using the fantastic new Dualshock 4 going back to the DS3 will be hard to do.
I loved both Demon Souls and Dark Souls but the latter is by far the better game, I completed Demon Souls but didn't have any inclination to go back to it. Dark Souls I must have completed around ten times in total. I absolutely love it got my main character to level 617 with several others around the 100 mark. For me he best game of last gen plus one of the best games I have ever played, my PSN is Fuzzybee if anybody fancies some co-op.
"Time fades even legend..."

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:41 pm

sscott wrote:I must return to those games but found them so hard, by the way it's a revelation that you like those games crusto! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Oh you devil you :lol:

Perseverance is the key sscott, it's such a rewarding experience. Just keep that shield raised and a good supply of herbs :D

Eat your nans pants

PanzerGeneral

Post by PanzerGeneral » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm

I am uncomfortable with this use of the word dark, neutrally shaded souls would seem more appropriate, it is 2014 afterall.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 pm

still haven't bought the first one yet, I do plan to try and play through it before I switch over to an xbone/ps4 later in the year

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:07 am

Even though Dark Souls ripped me to pieces, spat me out and broke my
heart countless times, I will be getting Dark Souls 2 for the 360

Best bulk buy some cheap controllers methinks...

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:01 am

won't be getting it

have Dark Souls on Xbox360, atmosphere, graphics, sound, gameplay are all ace but... it's too damn hard for me, after about 10hrs i'm still in the beginning, but i must admit that the aura that Dark Souls II emits makes it quite tempting

maybe should give the first one another effort

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:32 am

I loved Dark Souls, loved it.

I didn't play Demon Souls, so Dark Souls kicked my arse in the beginning, but as time went on it got easier.

I will be going back to it again soon, but after I play some other games, I made the mistake on my last play through of Dark Souls to be a weedy, but magical sorcerer; needless to say the Four Kings are destroying me on NG++ :'(

Will get Dark Souls 2; but just the normal edition I think.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:22 am

I bought Dark Souls yesterday in my local Grainger Games and the girl behind the counter asked if it was for me. I adked why and she wished me luck as it was very difficult. We'll find out tonight I guess.
Thoughts and prayers.

thebear

Post by thebear » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:22 am

rossi46 wrote:I bought Dark Souls yesterday in my local Grainger Games and the girl behind the counter asked if it was for me. I adked why and she wished me luck as it was very difficult. We'll find out tonight I guess.
No you can know now

she was right

it IS very difficult

but in a good way
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 am

I pre ordered mine ages ago, only a few months left. Dark souls is way better than demons souls, but they are both great :)