new watermelon mega drive game beat em up screenshots leaked

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

General Opulence

Re: new watermelon mega drive game beat em up screenshots le

Post by General Opulence » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:Neo-Geo actually wasn't all that more powerful than the MD, imo. It just could display way more colors than the MD, way larger sprites (without any "sprite flicker") and could do super-fast scaling. The cartridges also had way more storage space than the MD ones. The thing is just that those features costed a small fortune back then.
The Neo-Geo is alot more powerful than the Megadrive, all those points you mention prove it! considering these are 2D platforms those points are an indicator of how powerful the Neo-Geo was at moving 2D sprites around the screen.
You only have to compare the Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown ports for the Megadrive to see it can't match the Neo-Geo, and theres no way games like Art of Fighting 3, Metal Slug, Last Blade, Super Sidekicks 4 etc would even be achievable on the Megadrive.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:50 pm

While an everdrive would save me a lot of room the MD is the only console that I really focus on collecting. Still seatching for a Legend of Wukong and Beggar Prince to join my collection. I just prefer an actual cartridge in the end.

Still wouldn't mind an everdrive if it was the only way I got to play this.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:51 pm

General Opulence wrote:
outdated_gamer wrote:Neo-Geo actually wasn't all that more powerful than the MD, imo. It just could display way more colors than the MD, way larger sprites (without any "sprite flicker") and could do super-fast scaling. The cartridges also had way more storage space than the MD ones. The thing is just that those features costed a small fortune back then.
The Neo-Geo is alot more powerful than the Megadrive, all those points you mention prove it! considering these are 2D platforms those points are an indicator of how powerful the Neo-Geo was at moving 2D sprites around the screen.
You only have to compare the Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown ports for the Megadrive to see it can't match the Neo-Geo, and theres no way games like Art of Fighting 3, Metal Slug, Last Blade, Super Sidekicks 4 etc would even be achievable on the Megadrive.
Well like I said, N-G had much better graphics hardware and way more storage on offer. But if you look at the main processors, they are quite similar - both have 68000 CPUs (clocked higher on the N-G - same as Mega CD), Z-80 co-processors, Yamaha YM2600 sound chips, ect.

But of course graphics hardware is a lot more improtant for graphics than the CPU is, so N-G had the clear edge over MD in this department. It's also the main reason why the SNES was competitive, or better, than the MD in many cases, despite a weaker CPU.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 pm

This game looks like a serious must-play. If it goes up for order though, I'd only consider it if I could understand the language of the site I was ordering from (unlike that forum link on the first page...).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

matteus

Post by matteus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Already on sale at the magical game factory! The site supports multiple languages and the default in game language is English :)

Another screen shot has appeared :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wahwah__/sta ... e=Wahwah__

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 pm

matteus wrote:Already on sale at the magical game factory! The site supports multiple languages and the default in game language is English :)

Another screen shot has appeared :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wahwah__/sta ... e=Wahwah__
I can't find it up for sale anywhere on their website.

matteus

Post by matteus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:17 pm

It's a little confusing but it works off a gem investment system. I can't remember how many gems it costs to invest in a copy they have an faq on there if you go to the factory page and select purchase on project y

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 pm

matteus wrote:It's a little confusing but it works off a gem investment system. I can't remember how many gems it costs to invest in a copy they have an faq on their if you go to the factory page and select purchase on project y
I went to everything, there is no way to buy the game currently, just Pier Solar.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Wow this looks amazing!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 pm

The screens are really quite impressive, I'm hoping that the gameplay matches up. The interesting thing that stands out to me is that the developers are describing it as an RPB - "Role-Playing Beat-'em-up". What do you guys make of this idea?

matteus

Post by matteus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 pm

NickThorpe wrote:The screens are really quite impressive, I'm hoping that the gameplay matches up. The interesting thing that stands out to me is that the developers are describing it as an RPB - "Role-Playing Beat-'em-up". What do you guys make of this idea?
It's an interest concept maybe a little linear, I imagine it will borrow heavily from River City Ransom, Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim Vs the World

matteus

Post by matteus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Thought I'd bump this thread because the video of the game has been released!

http://youtu.be/_iR8wwBhYPM

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Fake

matteus

Post by matteus » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:05 pm

What's fake?

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Looks like a reskined Streets of Rage the female character has the same animation and moves of Mr X's Bodyguard.. I take it this doesn't exist as you can't buy it anywhere and only a dodgy video exists
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"