Is there a genre you've never played?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TwoHeadedBoy

Re: Is there a genre you've never played?

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Don't think I've ever played a survival horror... I've WATCHED plenty of them being played, but never tried one myself. Might give one of the first two Resident Evil games a go sometime this year, who knows?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:23 am

Honestly the only one I've never even spent one second on are text adventures.

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:35 am

MMO's in the style of Warcraft, Guild Wars etc...

Pretty much played at least a couple of games in every other genre....Strategy is another one I rarely go near, but I did play Civilization 2 for weeks and played stuff like Chaos & Rebelstar 2 on the Speccy!

Oh! Cricket games! I've never played a cricket game in my life! :mrgreen:
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 am

I don't believe i've ever played an American Football game in my life. Not even the supposed "classic" ones like Madden on the Megadrive/Genesis.

I find the sport to be dull, confusing and its name illogical (since they tend to play with their hands, far more than with their feet), and an actual game should last no longer than 60 minutes, ends up lasting about 3 hours due to cynical commercial interests/commitments and the fact its a stop/start game.

Yes, i hate American Football, and therefore will probably never get into the videogame equivalents. REAL Football has some splendid titles however. I wasted years on Striker on the SNES, and Kick Off and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga!
deadpan666 wrote:
Oh! Cricket games! I've never played a cricket game in my life! :mrgreen:
Ah, well I've not played many, but Super International Cricket on the SNES is quite playable, and I got a bit into Ashes 2009 on the 360. Its hard to play a test match on either though, you tend to want to swing and hit sixes every ball, so innings tend to be finished by about the 7th over!