Page 1 of 2

Dead Rising 3

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:27 pm
by koopa42
Well if this is only the beginning of this gen? I feel dizzy at the thought of what the likes of Bethesda will be able to do in 5 years time?

As a game? Dead Rising 3 is a Dead Rising game but the sheer horde? Unbelievable Jeff. Massive.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:49 am
by ShadowMan
Absolutely agreed. DR3 does the whole zombie horde thing really, really well and I'm not even that far into the game. I find myself ignoring whatever I'm supposed to be doing and just jumping head first into crouds and smacking them in the face with whatever is to hand (and as its a DR game, there's no shortage of weapons). Hard to imagine what they'll be able to pull off with this hardware in a few years time.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:13 am
by gman72
Agreed.
DR3 is a fantastic game. When the cloud servers go live and games are being made with this resource at hand then things are going to go proper mental. DR3 is just a taste, give it a year or two and these launch games will look quite basic. :D

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 pm
by koopa42
Started my first proper play tonight ...... this game is like Dead Rising 2 on crack! It takes everything that was ace in DR2 and takes it into overdrive. Dragon Punch blueprints FTW! Great game.

I also started using the smart glass app on my tablet ...... it's gimmicky fun but I don't think (so far anyway) it adds anything to the game? we shall see.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:06 pm
by koopa42
AAARRRGGGHHHH! Boss fights. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rubbish, as are the terrible vehicle controls.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:41 am
by koopa42
All is forgiven, much like earlier DR games? When you level up a bit, learn the map and get some combos on the go? Pure. Zombie. Awesome. Lots and lots of classic Capcom .... OTT bosses and characters and weapons and vehicles LOL

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm
by koopa42
Well over halfway through my nightmare play and a word of advice ...... if you want a challenge? I'd probably try it (nightmare setting) at around level 30. I'm level 50 and it's kinda easy ..... well very easy.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:07 am
by ootini
So far DR3 is the only title of the lot from all the current release window titles for both of the new systems that I am finding any way enticing. Cant wait to see whats going to land in the coming months.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 am
by AmidstStorm
I'm at the point of being stumped on what to buy next for the Xbox One. I've finished Assassin's Creed, Ryse & Battlefield, Forza i'm chipping away at but my options are slim, so heavily considering this game next. What's the story like, if any?

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:29 am
by Sephiroth81
AmidstStorm wrote:I'm at the point of being stumped on what to buy next for the Xbox One. I've finished Assassin's Creed, Ryse & Battlefield, Forza i'm chipping away at but my options are slim, so heavily considering this game next. What's the story like, if any?
This is why I always wait a year or so after the launch of a console....that and the price. I'm envious that you are playing stuff like Dead Rising 3 (loved DR2), but i'll get to play these games down the line, much cheaper, and hopefully with bug fixes, and hardware improvements down the line.

DR3 and Forza 5 are about all i would be currently keen on playing ATM, and there is nothing yet on PS4. The car list on Forza 5 seems terribly disappointing as well, compared with what GT6 and Forza 4 are providing.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 am
by koopa42
Had a razz with the Mega Man suit and X buster today ..... it's fun and will be handy for the grinding left 4 dead achievement. Getting the weapons and items is a massive chore due to me not making each weapon when I found the blueprints :(

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 pm
by TyronW
ShadowMan wrote:Absolutely agreed. DR3 does the whole zombie horde thing really, really well and I'm not even that far into the game. I find myself ignoring whatever I'm supposed to be doing and just jumping head first into crouds and smacking them in the face with whatever is to hand (and as its a DR game, there's no shortage of weapons). Hard to imagine what they'll be able to pull off with this hardware in a few years time.

I've heard mixed reviews for this game, so I'm glad to hear other people's opinions on it!

Now to wait for Xb1 to be reduced..... :lol:

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 pm
by ironmonger
I got DR3 at Christmas, I didn't have particularly high hopes for it after reading some of the reviews. But it's a lot better than I expected, lots of the annoying things from the previous games are gone. Only thing that bugs me is that you can't hold additional ammo for any of your guns, but it's not a major problem.

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:13 pm
by koopa42
ironmonger wrote:I got DR3 at Christmas, I didn't have particularly high hopes for it after reading some of the reviews. But it's a lot better than I expected, lots of the annoying things from the previous games are gone. Only thing that bugs me is that you can't hold additional ammo for any of your guns, but it's not a major problem.
I agree with this. It's the best of the DR games and overall? they've gotten better with each installment. Have you reached level 50 yet? once you max out your ranged weapons attributes you get extra ammo plus the chance of bullet penetration

Re: Dead Rising 3

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm
by ironmonger
I think I'm only something like level 20, have been trying to level up skills fairly equally so far. What's Nightmare mode like? I like that the story mode gives you lots of time to do pretty much every side mission that pops up, and that survivors seem to fend for themselves. Worst thing in the previous games was escorting a moron through a horde of flesh munchers.