Nintendo 3DS - Super Nintendo games on eshop -why cant they?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

lemonjellydude

Nintendo 3DS - Super Nintendo games on eshop -why cant they?

Post by lemonjellydude » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:02 am

Something that has been bugging me recently when I see coming soon to eshop games or new releases this week, there is often some decent 16 bit super nintendo titles but they only ever get put on wii or wii-u eshop.
Why can nntendo not put the 16 bit snes titles on the 3ds e-shop? Its even more puzzling now they are putting up revamped 16-bit megadrive games on the 3ds eshop.
Come on Nintendo sort this out!! especially want to be playing 16-bit zelda!! I cant be the only one wanting this surely?

ArchaicKoala

Re: Nintendo 3DS - Super Nintendo games on eshop -why cant t

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:07 am

Well there is a rumour floating around that this may be coming very soon:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... _3ds_eshop

I wouldn't mind playing the Megaman X series on my 3ds

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 pm

I think this time around, Nintendo's not making the mistake of the Wii again and letting the VC go long periods of no new games whatsoever. So instead of having several consoles at the start, they're having a few and adding more slowly but surly. We know the N64 and GBA are coming to Wii U eventually but I do hope they don't forget their 3rd party bRothers like Sega and SNK.

Long with SNES and GBA, I'm hoping other handhelds like Neo Geo Pocket get a go at a VC revival. Surly Nintendo has scrapped the bottom of the NES and GB libraries they can put on the 3DS VC by now (Bar Pokemon)....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 pm

The SEGA stuff is excellent, great recreations of the originals. Streets of Rage soon!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 pm

lemonjellydude wrote:Something that has been bugging me recently when I see coming soon to eshop games or new releases this week, there is often some decent 16 bit super nintendo titles but they only ever get put on wii or wii-u eshop.
Why can nntendo not put the 16 bit snes titles on the 3ds e-shop? Its even more puzzling now they are putting up revamped 16-bit megadrive games on the 3ds eshop.
Come on Nintendo sort this out!! especially want to be playing 16-bit zelda!! I cant be the only one wanting this surely?
Just FYI, The Sega ones are produced and published by Sega themselves, not Nintendo, and have had a lot of time and effort put into them.

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Mootown wrote:
lemonjellydude wrote:Something that has been bugging me recently when I see coming soon to eshop games or new releases this week, there is often some decent 16 bit super nintendo titles but they only ever get put on wii or wii-u eshop.
Just FYI, The Sega ones are produced and published by Sega themselves, not Nintendo, and have had a lot of time and effort put into them.
cool yeh I was aware of that, im not disputing their quality I bought the 3d version of space harrier which I love!
My point is that nintendo could be making a fortune on the snes back catalogue on the 3ds, you only need to see how popular the 3ds is and its baffling that they are not exploiting it!
I'd be happy for the drips and drabs approach they normally do just get 16-bit going!

RuySan

Post by RuySan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Maybe they're afraid of cannibalizing sales of new nintendo 3ds games. I know it doesn't make much sense, but i don't see any other reason.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 pm

The chance to download the same stuff again for the tenth time is so tempting! /sarcasm.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:01 am

If I downloaded a game to Virtual Console can I re download it to my 3ds? Or do I have to pay again.

Only thought about it this morning - my PSN account allows me to download to whatever I have (or so it seems as I have Pinball Fantasies on my ps3 thanks to my psp) to other sony consoles registered to the account.

I know its a stupid question but im still newish to this generation.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:13 pm

If you transfer your Wii VC games to Wii U, you can play them in Wii mode and upgrade them at a discount price to Wii U VC games (Added restore points, 60Hz for some games, full gamepad support, Miiverse, etc.). You have to buy them again if you want to play them on a 3DS or vis versa.

Don't think Nintendo want to adjust the £1 extra NES games cost on the 3DS VC.... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.