X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Grizzly

Re: X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Post by Grizzly » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm

I also have both :)

PS4 mega pack with extra controller and camera
Killzone
Lego marvel super Hero's
Injustice goty edition
Call of duty ghosts
Battlefield 4
Assassins creed IV: Black Flag
Need for Speed: Rivals
Knack
Putty Squad

Xbox One day 1 (Forza bundle)
Forza
Ryse
Dead rising 3
Crimson dragon
Killer instinct all characters (the game is amazing!)

Ps4 will be my main gaming console but xbox one is there for exclusives and optimal versions of titles.

Oh and I also have a Wii U...
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 am

I'll probably get a PS4 but I'm holding off until more games are produced and a decent killer app appears that will motivate me enough to buy one.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 am

crusto wrote:Which one are you "feeling" the most at the moment mootown?
I prefer the PS4 games - Resogun is ace, and I'm a sucker for Killzone, the new Killzone has ridiculously good visuals and sound. I also have a number of games on both - so I have NFS, Battlefield, COD and Fifa on both consoles. I *think* NFS looks better on PS4, but I could just be imagining it. I prefer the trigger buttons on the PS4 controller too for driving games.

On Xbox One, I love Forza - it's super slick, smooth, the console seems to effortlessly perform when playing this game, not a hint of slowdown even with 16 cars at once. I'm a big GT fan, this may be the better game this year, what with GT *only* being on PS3.

My only issue at the moment is the PS4 heat exhausts on the rear kick in and the heat seems to hit my expensive glass cabinet, heating up the glass so the PS4 thinks it's hotter than it actually is and the fan goes nuts - sounds like a flippin hoover. Only when playing Killzone, I guess the game uses more processing power so it gets hotter. If I take the console out and put it away from everything else, it's quiet as a mouse. Kind of annoying. Xbox one has no such issues - I can only assume it's because the power block is external so heat is kept to a minumum?

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 am

Guys, with these packages that you bought p, did all the games come boxed or did you have to download them?

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:27 am

Combo-Breaker wrote:Guys, with these packages that you bought p, did all the games come boxed or did you have to download them?
I only have Forza on download as it came with the Xbox one bundle, and Resogun / Killer instinct are download only. The rest I have boxed, but would prefer digital.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 am

Combo-Breaker wrote:Guys, with these packages that you bought p, did all the games come boxed or did you have to download them?
FIFA was a download code for my XO

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 am

Got myself a PS4 Killzone Player Edition (extra controller and camera) plus Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed and Cod Ghosts from Game on Saturday. I paid a little more than I wanted but I just couldn't resist it, I thought I could but the new console I must have it syndrome kicked in. I couldn't be happier with it, all the games look stunning Battlefield and Cod are miles better than the ps3 versions, Retsogun is superb as are the other free titles. I got Assassins Creed Black Flag but won't be keeping it, I just can't get into it
The DS4 is a big leap from the DS3 it just feels so good to use, the console itself looks great plus the whole user interface is flawless. I am well happy with my new purchase.

PSN Fuzzybee if anybody fancies some Retsogun,Battlefield,Cod shenanigans.
"Time fades even legend..."

Evander

Post by Evander » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:16 am

I have a PS4 on order with Gamestop. One of my flatmates is in the same boat and claims they are getting more stock at the end of this week.

Alfred Henchcock

Post by Alfred Henchcock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:40 am

PS4. 350 quid for the console, 25 quid for Lego Marvel, 40 quid for NFS, Resogun for nothing, 13 quid for the (appalling) Putty Squad.

Not sure how different Lego Marvel is to the 360/PS3 version tbh, I couldn't see much difference. I guess it runs at 1080p/60fps rather than 720p/30fps. Seems to have some sort of fancy depth of field effect as well. NFS is good fun, Resogun is excellent (wonder if they will release a 3DTV enabled update - that would be MENTAL). Putty Squad is, I have decided, pony.

Installing games is practically a non issue, takes about one minute before you're up and running on a new (disc based) one.

James A

Post by James A » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:50 am

Wii U on the way so im happy.

Nearly picked up a Xbox one today just for resale value. Decided against it in the end due to CEX unreliability of giving cash and how heavy ebay sellers fees would be.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

went for the PS4 players edition mega pack with two controllers, camera and killzone. Also bought psn+ for 12 months as it had £10 off. :)

Unfortunately for my son and me...we can't open it until Christmas... :(
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Someone in my office just went into HMV on Thursday and picked up a PS4. Amazed they weren't sold out TBH.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Due to my hatred of the PS3 updates, console failures and overheating (yeah i know, just %'s and all that), my preference of the 360 controller, online and faultless experience with the 360 over 4 years.. it was an easy choice for me to go with Microsoft's console this time around. Had all Sony machines close to launch over the year's. First console i've ever actually pre ordered and got on Day One though. Normally it's the same year or shortly after release.

I have yet to use my kinect but from what I hear it's very clever. Love the machine so far and the new improved controller. Assassin's Creed 4 and Forza 5 are both fantastic.

I will get a ps4 eventually.. but just to catch up on exclusives and when the price drops.

Edit: Just to add, i got The Xbox One, Forza 5 and Assassin's Creed IV for £388.00 delivered so I'm not getting into this argument about the launch prices.

TheLastofUrMom

Post by TheLastofUrMom » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 am

Pickd up a Ps4 and AC4 + Killzone :D

After the huge disappointing that was AC3 (And I was so excited for it too...), I thought I was done with AC. HOwever, AC4 is very amazing and I'm having fun hunting for all the trophies (especially since on ps4 you can see how rare they are!). A good site is PS4 Cheat and Trophy Guidesif you need somewhere to use check out the easiest ways to unlock trophies or other things : )

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:01 am

Had the PS4 since Saturday and despite some issues (mainly with wifi range) and the act that a number of features from PS3 have been dropped (such as media streaming of movies and music), I am actually really liking it. NFS Rivals is great (though like most launch titles is a little buggy and rough around some edges) and I have AC4 to try when I get chance. The free PS+ games are pretty good too (Resogun and Contrast).