X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

crusto

Re: X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Post by crusto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I picked up my ps4 earlier today. It's still sealed up at the moment and is supposed to stay that way until crimbo day. I'm not sure if things will stay that way though.

Eat your nans pants

mr gryzor

Post by mr gryzor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:12 pm

XBox One.

Far better launch games. Far better Online infrastructure with dedicated servers for ALL games. Far better controller.

Titanfall next march.

I would never buy a console that wobbles. :wink:
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:17 pm

mr gryzor wrote:XBox One.

Far better launch games. Far better Online infrastructure with dedicated servers for ALL games. Far better controller.

Titanfall next march.

I would never buy a console that wobbles. :wink:
Considering your love for the greatest console ever created I thought you would have better taste than that :D

Eat your nans pants

mr gryzor

Post by mr gryzor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

crusto wrote:
Considering your love for the greatest console ever created I thought you would have better taste than that :D
I salute you sir. :D

PC Engine FOREVER!!!!!
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:32 pm

crusto wrote:I picked up my ps4 earlier today. It's still sealed up at the moment and is supposed to stay that way until crimbo day. I'm not sure if things will stay that way though.
No, it'll probably wobble off where ever you stash it

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Pardon my ignorance but, when purchasing a bundle, do you actually get all the games that come with it in their boxes etc or are they only playable via downloading?

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 pm

I have gone for the Xbox One.

Its okay. Although I have had some issues with SkyDrive...

As its meant to be an all in one unit, its not.

The games are good, apart from Dead Rising 3, which is just absolute censored.

Apart from that, all good. :D

Primal.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 pm

sscott wrote:You get things on release day you pay the price, that's the pay off, why not wait 15 years and buy it in a car boot for £20? No having a go at you in particular but people need to lighten up!!!
Did you buy your PS4 or was it a pressie from your missus again? ;)

I bet even if you did buy it yourself, your missus will buy you the Xbox One at some point anyway, :lol:

(only joking, but I remember you saying you've had quite a few really nice gaming related goodies off your missus in the past :) )
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
sscott wrote:You get things on release day you pay the price, that's the pay off, why not wait 15 years and buy it in a car boot for £20? No having a go at you in particular but people need to lighten up!!!
Did you buy your PS4 or was it a pressie from your missus again? ;)

I bet even if you did buy it yourself, your missus will buy you the Xbox One at some point anyway, :lol:

(only joking, but I remember you saying you've had quite a few really nice gaming related goodies off your missus in the past :) )
What can I say, I'm a lucky boy! :D

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 am

Combo-Breaker wrote:Pardon my ignorance but, when purchasing a bundle, do you actually get all the games that come with it in their boxes etc or are they only playable via downloading?

killzone came with its own box etc
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:25 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:
Mootown wrote:I have both :-/
The mans RICH I tell you!!!!
haha - no, just very lucky :)

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Which one are you "feeling" the most at the moment mootown?

Eat your nans pants

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 am

I got a PS4 in the end. I had cancelled my preorder but my child like enthusiasm for new toys got the better of me. I saw Toys R Us selling the console on it's own Thursday afternoon with Saturday delivery and boom it's here. I've only had a few hours with it due to my sons Birthday and Christmas decoration day but it's a lovely piece of kit.

I've got BF4, and all the plus games. Resogun is truly fantastic, Contrast is really good(I've only played 20 minutes) and BF 4 is everything I'd hoped for (shinier and better designed levels!) If people want to add me I'm lastginja I've only got 4 friends that have the PS4 right now and would like more people to play BF4 with and scores to whip on Resogun ;)

At some point I will pick up an Xbox One but next for me will be a Wii U, too many games I want to play on that now to ignore it any longer.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:02 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:I got a PS4 in the end. I had cancelled my preorder but my child like enthusiasm for new toys got the better of me. I saw Toys R Us selling the console on it's own Thursday afternoon with Saturday delivery and boom it's here. I've only had a few hours with it due to my sons Birthday and Christmas decoration day but it's a lovely piece of kit.

I've got BF4, and all the plus games. Resogun is truly fantastic, Contrast is really good(I've only played 20 minutes) and BF 4 is everything I'd hoped for (shinier and better designed levels!) If people want to add me I'm lastginja I've only got 4 friends that have the PS4 right now and would like more people to play BF4 with and scores to whip on Resogun ;)

At some point I will pick up an Xbox One but next for me will be a Wii U, too many games I want to play on that now to ignore it any longer.
added you, have resogun
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:11 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:I got a PS4 in the end. I had cancelled my preorder but my child like enthusiasm for new toys got the better of me. I saw Toys R Us selling the console on it's own Thursday afternoon with Saturday delivery and boom it's here. I've only had a few hours with it due to my sons Birthday and Christmas decoration day but it's a lovely piece of kit.

Will add you shortly. If any one wants to add me J6EEY.

Just set mine up tonight. I really like it and they have got the controller pretty much spot on and I definitely prefer it to the XB1 controller, though the triggers on the 360 pad are still better. Resogun is brilliant and I'm playing through Contrast which is good though doesn't seem to show off the PS4's capabilities at all.

Ill be upgrading my PS3 copy of Ghosts and buying NFS: Rivals or BF4 this week.