X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: X-Box One/PS4: What have you got...

Post by Megamixer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 am

Grizzly wrote:I also have both :)

PS4 mega pack with extra controller and camera
Killzone
Lego marvel super Hero's
Injustice goty edition
Call of duty ghosts
Battlefield 4
Assassins creed IV: Black Flag
Need for Speed: Rivals
Knack
Putty Squad

Xbox One day 1 (Forza bundle)
Forza
Ryse
Dead rising 3
Crimson dragon
Killer instinct all characters (the game is amazing!)

Ps4 will be my main gaming console but xbox one is there for exclusives and optimal versions of titles.

Oh and I also have a Wii U...
Well someone must have robbed a bank or two... :wink:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 am

I tried the Vita remote play function last night and it worked really well. It seems you can do it via your home wifi network or direct wifi from the console. I assume the direct connection, which is the way I tried, has a much smaller range but lessens the chance of there being any lag. Even CoD Ghosts was playable on the Vita though I'm not sure you'd want to play some serious online matches that way!

Had anyone got NBA 2K14? It's looking really nice and think I may pick it up soon.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Major Nelson update on the xbone:
Microsoft is insisting that ‘things will get better’ as fans complain the interface and online features of the Xbox One are inferior to the Xbox 360.

Xbox Live director of programming Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hyrb has been busy on Reddit, trying to convince disgruntled fans that Microsoft is listening to complaints over the Xbox One’s social features and interface.

One of the most common issues revolves around using the Xbox One’s party system and in-built chat, which is now much more fiddly to set-up than it used to be.

In fact many of the standard features, such as checking your friends list, now seem to have become needlessly time-consuming as Microsoft sections them off into slow-to-load apps.

‘I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can’t offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better,’ said Hyrb.

Hyrb also referenced website Xbox Feedback, which lists problems ranging from missing voice commands, to the lack of any indicator of controller battery life, no indication when a friend comes online, no indication of hard drive usage, and no ability to play music in the background without using an onscreen app.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

So what's the point of the PS4 camera? There's one in my box...what's it actually do?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 pm

nokgod wrote:So what's the point of the PS4 camera? There's one in my box...what's it actually do?
It's incredibly limited but select the Playroom option on your menu, more to come from that I expect and there is an optional download from the store already.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:31 am

sscott wrote:
nokgod wrote:So what's the point of the PS4 camera? There's one in my box...what's it actually do?
It's incredibly limited but select the Playroom option on your menu, more to come from that I expect and there is an optional download from the store already.
ah, so its a sleeper item. hopefully something interesting will happen with it sooner rather than later.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 am

sscott wrote:
It can also be used for picture in picture when your streaming out to Twitch if you really feel the need for people to see you :wink:

glitchy controller

Post by glitchy controller » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 am

I'm getting my PS4 on monday (according to the good people at Amazon). I'll be waiting on making an Xbone purchase for now as the only game I wanna play on the system (Titanfall, obvioiusly) is also coming to PC, where I believe I'd have a lot more fun with it.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I have neither. I have a so called next-gen console, my lovely Wii U. Neither XboxOne nor PS4 have any games I wish to play at the more. TitanFall look ok, but I fell it will be COD with mechs. I'm a bit bored off online shooters now, played too many for too long. The only PS4 title I am really looking forward to is DeepDown. However when Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Monolith's X come out on Wii U, I may have lost interest in the 'next-gen'' completely, which is a thing I thought I'd never say.

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:09 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:I have neither. I have a so called next-gen console, my lovely Wii U. Neither XboxOne nor PS4 have any games I wish to play at the more. TitanFall look ok, but I fell it will be COD with mechs. I'm a bit bored off online shooters now, played too many for too long. The only PS4 title I am really looking forward to is DeepDown. However when Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Monolith's X come out on Wii U, I may have lost interest in the 'next-gen'' completely, which is a thing I thought I'd never say.
I am also throwing in my lot with the Wii U this gen. My favourite games are Nintendo games and they aren't appearing on any other consoles any time soon, so it's a no-brainer.

That said, if forced to choose I'd definitely go for the PS4. As with the latter days of the PS3 there just seem to be some more interesting, innovative games - particularly the indie stuff. PlayStation has become a bit of a hot-bed for intersting stuff lately, it feels a bit like the Amiga did 20 years ago. Definitely of more interest to me than the new Xbox which frankly looks like it'll be serving up the same diet of first/third person shooters and racing games that it has since 2001. No interest whatsoever in that.

All that said, I've been looking more and more at the new consoles and I have to say I'm really struggling to tell the difference between the 360/PS3 and the Xbone/PS4. The graphical difference is barely noticeable, and the notion of paying £400 for a tiny incremental improvement is not one I relish. And most of my comparisons have been between PS3 and PS4 - I'd imagine games on 360/Xbone look even closer since the Xbox One is known to be less capable than PS4 at this point.

I had to laugh when I saw the Xbox One being advertised as 4k compatible. They couldn't even get the new CoD running at a smooth framerate at 1080p - does anyone think it's possible to make a playable action game at 4k?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm sure it could play Pong at 4k.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:23 pm

It's been a while since anyone updated this. How is everyone getting on with their new toys? Myself, I can't wait till crimbo day when I can finally have a bash at KZ shadow fall. I must try and pick up another title too between now and then. Time to trade some oldies in I think.

Eat your nans pants

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 pm

crusto wrote:It's been a while since anyone updated this. How is everyone getting on with their new toys? Myself, I can't wait till crimbo day when I can finally have a bash at KZ shadow fall. I must try and pick up another title too between now and then. Time to trade some oldies in I think.
Yep, I'd be interested to know if anyone from either of the new camps have had a game that has just totally blown the socks off, that is a MUST reason to upgrade yet. :)
Mind you, I haven't had my 360 all that long anyway, and that still continues to impress me :lol:

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:34 am

It's ace.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:46 am

kiwimike wrote:
crusto wrote:It's been a while since anyone updated this. How is everyone getting on with their new toys? Myself, I can't wait till crimbo day when I can finally have a bash at KZ shadow fall. I must try and pick up another title too between now and then. Time to trade some oldies in I think.
Yep, I'd be interested to know if anyone from either of the new camps have had a game that has just totally blown the socks off, that is a MUST reason to upgrade yet. :)
Mind you, I haven't had my 360 all that long anyway, and that still continues to impress me :lol:
I'm contemplating flogging my PS4 and just waiting until there are more games worth buying on it. I've hardly played the damn thing since buying it, and I've been getting much more enjoyment out of the PS3 and Wii U.

As far as I can see, neither the PS4 or the Xbox One has a "killer app" yet that makes it a must-buy. I've no doubt that both will, but there's no point owning a console just to let it gather dust.