Ive made a mistake

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Montytom

Ive made a mistake

Post by Montytom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 am

Basically ive been looking through and i must admit that i have made a huge mistake.
Basically i had a ps vita when they first came out and after a little while i got rid as it bored me.

A couple of months ago i had the choice of ps vita or nintendo 3ds, i chose the ps vita and i played it for a couple of hours but now its just a rare occasion that i turn it on.
I knew i should have gone with the 3ds as it has more games that i want to play.
I dont find the graphical capabilites on the 3ds an issue but i do on the vita(perhaps im asking for too much for it to be as good as a ps3)

Im thinking of trading in my vita now as id rather have a 3ds but after seeing how much id get trade in i dont think id bother id rather it gathered dust than getting £50 trade in.

So have any of you bought something and regretted it nigh on straight away.

Im in no way having a moan its just i dont think the ps vita is for me.

gman72

Re: Ive made a mistake

Post by gman72 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 am

So, is your mistake the fact that you missed an apostrophe from your thread title? :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 am

gman72 wrote:So, is your mistake the fact that you missed an apostrophe from your thread title? :wink:

Really i mean really :)

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:24 am

Just get both.

I have a Vita exclusively for Persona 4 Golden right now. :lol:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

Well you seem to have made the same mistake twice ! Bought the Vita twice and got bored twice !

Why dont you sell it on ebay if you dont want to get just £50 from the trade-in ? Just sell it on ebay and then buy a Nintendo, but if you dont like the 3DS and want to swap back to a Vita whatever you dont tell us !!

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:27 am

The only mistake I can see here is that you want a 3DS over a Vita :wink:

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 am

I had a similar thing but when I bought my 3DS XL, I kept wondering if I should have got the Vita instead and for a while thought I'd made a mistake. Not long after though I realised I hadn't made a mistake and wouldn't dream of getting rid of my 3DS.

I would still like a Vita at some point but I'm not too bothered if I don't now.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 am

Montytom wrote:I knew i should have gone with the 3ds as it has more games that i want to play
I think that's your mistake!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:22 am

[quote="Montytom"]
I dont find the graphical capabilites on the 3ds an issue but i do on the vita(perhaps im asking for too much for it to be as good as a ps3)
[quote]
Yeah, I think you are asking too much if you still believe that the Vita is on par with the PS3 in terms of processing power. Sony hyped the Vita up in that respect but I think most of the console ports/side cannons have dispelled that theory by now. Sounds like you need to acquire a 3DS :D
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I was faced withthis exact dilemma a few months ago. I looked at the list of Vita games vs the 3DS (including those just around the corner) and decided that the 3DS simply had more games that I wanted to play. The only thing I didn't take into account though were the long list of indie games the Vita seems to have on the digitial store. Unless i'm mistaken???

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Yes. My PAL Sega Saturn.

I bought it late, around 1998. I hadn't followed the machine, so i didn't really know what games to get. I never liked Daytona, but the saturn version gave me more reasons not too like it. Virtua 2 Fighter was good, but I was fully Tekken'd up by then. Nights into Dreams, i still don't get. So, I was unimpressed by it, and regretted buying it. It languished in the cupboard for years, i tried resurrecting it, some SHMUPS were very good, but nothing justified the expense.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Same here I traded a load of games into Game did the CEX price match and got a PS VIta for free(or as good as)... A month later I traded it in for a 3DS with Fire Emblem..

I hated that Helgiest game Killzone isn't it? Silent Hill book of Memories was a crap Gauntlet clone with only 3 enemy types! Muramasha was good but was basically the Wii version nothing new and Personia 4 was decent.. PLayed Drakes Fortune on my friends PS3 and thought it was boring like every other Drake game, coupled with all the crap apts like Facebook they forced you to have on there and the pitifully small memory card I got rid of it
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:15 am

Can't comment too much on Vita, but I chose the 3DS(XL) and have no regrets :)

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 am

I took a lot of time deciding, and while the Vita is more impressive and has the more detailed games I just dont find playing those games on the move much fun.

Same with the PSP and GTA, Uncharted etc. Those were games I want to play on a big screen in the house. The Nintendo handhelds always eem to have games that are more suited to playing on the move.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:39 am

Well that depends if you've got unrestricted access to a big telly at home - my wife and daughter see that I don't! Therefore handhelds have always been ideal for me - PSP and GB Micro. Can play them anywhere in the house! I had an original DS but after it broke I never replaced it.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."