Sine mora

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

thebear

Sine mora

Post by thebear » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Just finally got round to downloading this on Xbox Live Arcade

and old school ish scrolling shooter crossed withone of those new fangled bullet hell jobbies for those that don't know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKClqJ00-G8

anyone else played? love the game itself, is like an old school shooter for most of level then bullet hell on bosses from what i see so far. and the graphics are stunning for a game of this type but sheesh enough with the freaking cut scenes and dialog, it's a schmup FFS
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

r0jaws

Re: Sine mora

Post by r0jaws » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:15 am

Yep, I have it on PC and love it. It looks and plays gorgeous but the cut scenes are a little long, and utterly pointless but I suppose it does provide a form of narrative if that's what flicks your bean.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 am

Really like the game. On ios as well

weakboson

Post by weakboson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:45 am

It has flaws, and I don't think I'd care to go for a 1CC or play for score, but it's fun to stick autofire on and blast through the story.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Seems to be a popular one, this. Couldnt stand it myself.

And I'm not even going to mention what I think of the idea of cutscenes and such in a shmup; it'd almost entirely consist of four letter words.

HEAVYface

Post by HEAVYface » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 am

it looks nice, but the game play is at best annoying.

got to a bit I just couldn't get past (it was either water or lava pouring over the plane) and no matter what I tried I couldn't get through, so lost interest. in general I hate shooters that have these sort of puzzle elements, It just gets in the way of the action.

also didn't like the fact that even the smallest enemy craft takes several shots to destroy.

the cuts scenes suck and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to put swearing in it, just like in Vanquish it's totally out of place. If you're going to put sweary dialogue in a game, have some censored courage and drop some f-bombs and c-bombs n there with a well placed tw@ too boot.