Toejam and Earl DC code found.....

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Hitman_HalStep

Toejam and Earl DC code found.....

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 pm

....and might be released but it "allegedly plays smoothly through the first ten or so levels before its incompletion becomes more evident. Bugs, that is."

gameplay video in lnk.
http://www.destructoid.com/toejam-and-e ... um=twitter
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

AmigaJay

Re: Toejam and Earl DC code found.....

Post by AmigaJay » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Is it just me that hates those websites that swipe to the right or left?! Slow to load too.
Anyway, thought cool another DC proto to try out...then saw just need $500-900 to release the code....yeah whatever, just a greedy person who got lucky and is trying to make money out of someone else's work...either release for the DC community for the people, or don't bother Imo.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Didn't this become TJ&E 3 on Xbox? Guess I should watch the bid.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Roguelike

Post by Roguelike » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 am

Kickstarter to get this finished.. er.. or you could just buy the existing Xbox version that will be better anyway..

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:01 pm

just an update,i've noticed that the DC beta has been released for download now anyway.it is probably classed as pirating so i won't link to where you can get it but if you search for "release toejam and earl 3 assembler" the first search result leads to a forum post and that gives you the download link.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:25 am

:? Dunno if it's worth mentioning that PS2 Shinobi, was originally planned as a DC Project....

Have TJ+E 3 on Xbox, enjoyable, if not brilliant.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm

The original Gensis/MD game was cool, quirky and lots of fun. The sequel, less so.

TJ&E3 on the Xbox is rather boring, so if the DC version is almost the same as the Xbox version, it wasn't really a loss that it didn't get made.