Games that would be banned today

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mr gryzor

Re: Games that would be banned today

Post by mr gryzor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:24 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:What about Street Hassle by Melbourne House, with Granny-nutting, copper bashing madness? The Daily Mail would be wetting their pants over something like that!
Good shout! You could also beat the hell out of Gorillas and blind men with guide dogs too.
Beautiful big sprites too. One of my faves.
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:09 pm

mr gryzor wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:What about Street Hassle by Melbourne House, with Granny-nutting, copper bashing madness? The Daily Mail would be wetting their pants over something like that!
Good shout! You could also beat the hell out of Gorillas and blind men with guide dogs too.
Beautiful big sprites too. One of my faves.
I didn't even know about it until my mate told me about it few years ago, and loved it ever since :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 pm

^^ That reminds me, didn't the game of Death Wish 3 allow you to massacre little old ladies?

Who would then turn on you and attack you with their handbags if you killed too many of them. :lol: :lol:

(also has one of my favourite Ben Dalglish soundtracks as well, but that's another story)
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Misery

Post by Misery » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:24 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Shinobi wrote: There was also another spectrum game where your mother was cut into pieces and scattered around hell that was supposedly the sickest game ever(Crash review) can't remember the name of that..
Soft & Cuddly!

http://retrovania-vgjunk.blogspot.co.uk ... ctrum.html

I went and clicked on that to see what it was.

....possibly was a mistake.

What in the numerous hells was the creator of that smoking when he came up with that nightmare? Just.... what.... I dont even...

tachi

Post by tachi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:15 am

I'm pretty sure that Codemaster would have been sued to high heaven these days for Rockstar Ate my Hampster due to the use of stars images, jokes on their names and what they were portrayed doing in the game!
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

mr gryzor

Post by mr gryzor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:^^ That reminds me, didn't the game of Death Wish 3 allow you to massacre little old ladies?

Who would then turn on you and attack you with their handbags if you killed too many of them. :lol: :lol:

(also has one of my favourite Ben Dalglish soundtracks as well, but that's another story)

Little old ladies and Prostitutes!!

I never actually figured out what the actual aim of Death Wish 3 was tbh.
Me and my mates used to play it for hours literally just killing all the prossies and old women with a rocket launcher. :shock:

Agree with you on the music too.
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Wasn't there a boxing game (Frank Bruno?) that featured some highly questionable racial stereotypes including a black cannibal?

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I remember a spectrum game and the cover featured a white Indiana Jones type kicking a black guy with big rubber lips and a bone through his nose in the face!!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Wasn't there a boxing game (Frank Bruno?) that featured some highly questionable racial stereotypes including a black cannibal?
Frank Bruno's Boxing is just a Punch Out clone and Ninty did a remake of that for the Wii.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Shinobi wrote:I remember a spectrum game and the cover featured a white Indiana Jones type kicking a black guy with big rubber lips and a bone through his nose in the face!!
Took a little rummaging to recall this one.

Cannibal Island
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek ... id=0000795
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.