GTA V

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gman72

Re: GTA V

Post by gman72 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
gman72 wrote:The language in the game is outrageous. My 10 year old daughter has been subjected to some it which I do regret but she is grown up enough to know not to repeat it.
I maintain that the language is relevant to the subject matter and the lifestyles and ages of the people involved in the story but I think maybe they should have put a beep option in the game just for when kids may be lurking about the front room.
You posted this a short while back.....
gman72 wrote:My boy has completed it with both discs installed and said he really only noticed minimal pop up, most notably when parachuting down from a great height. Whilst I do not have the 2nd disc installed on my 360 and ive noticed a few pop ups here and there but no where near as bad as ive seen in some other games.
How old's your boy?
cheers for your concern.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:13 am

I'm not having a go, I don't have kids so it's not something I ever have to worry about....but.....

GTAV is an 18 right? Doesn't that mean "don't play it when kids are around"? :?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:41 am

Right...
Just for those that are about to call social services here is the low down.
Ive got three kids, two girls and a boy. The girls are 1 and 10, the boy is 17 (18 in three months.)
He is in college and is 17 going on 40, a very intelligent, level headed chap who is taking game development and programming. There is no content in GTA that I or his mother have any problem with him playing.
As for my daughter witnessing some GTA play, that was a mistake on my part that I will not repeat. I would not consciously have her subjected to swearing, nudity or criminal actions in a game or movie or real life.
Satisfied?
Or would anyone require anymore information? :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 am

:lol:

I wasn't having a go at you, I was just pointing out (to everyone!) that it's an 18, what d'ya expect? Not having kids mean we don't even look at certificates, and I actually really enjoy a good swearathon. Used properly it can be truly poetic....

"F*ck you ya f*ckin' f*ck" for example. Genius :D

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 am

Minikoopas are 2 and 4, I don't play any violent/adult games in front of them. When minikoopa the 1st was about 2 I was playing Fallout 3 and blew the head off a robot and a little voice popped up saying "awwwww pooly wobot" and that was the end of that LOL

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:01 am

gman72 wrote:Right...
Just for those that are about to call social services here is the low down.
Ive got three kids, two girls and a boy. The girls are 1 and 10, the boy is 17 (18 in three months.)
He is in college and is 17 going on 40, a very intelligent, level headed chap who is taking game development and programming. There is no content in GTA that I or his mother have any problem with him playing.
As for my daughter witnessing some GTA play, that was a mistake on my part that I will not repeat. I would not consciously have her subjected to swearing, nudity or criminal actions in a game or movie or real life.
Satisfied?
Or would anyone require anymore information? :wink:
Just the age would've done :roll: I was only curious. No need to get defensive, I wasn't trying to have a go.

For every responsible parent like you, it's seems like there's about 100 morons who are quite happy to let their kids play GTA and the likes and go 'oh, it's only a game' but the same people wouldn't let their kids watch 18 rated movies. My brother in law is one of them :roll:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

^^^

My sisiet in law is the same her 7 year old has been playing it aroud the next door neighbours with his 8 year old mate.I told her all about teh game but she said they are made to play it with the volume turned to 0 so they cant here the swearing. :? :? :? But it is ok to shoot someone in the face or go and get a lap dance as long as you cant here the f word :( :? :? :?:
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Played the intro bit last night, its impossible not to have fun with this game I reckon, stupid but what games are about I reckon.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:10 pm

aztecca wrote:^^^

My sisiet in law is the same her 7 year old has been playing it aroud the next door neighbours with his 8 year old mate.I told her all about teh game but she said they are made to play it with the volume turned to 0 so they cant here the swearing. :? :? :? But it is ok to shoot someone in the face or go and get a lap dance as long as you cant here the f word :( :? :? :?:
My niece and nephew weren't allowed to watch The Walking Dead but were allowed to play through House Of The Dead Overkill from beginning to end, and that's probably got more swearing than I've heard in any other game ever, and mother-son incest :?

They are well adjusted kids, I think. :?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Anyone looking forward to the online mode released on Tuesday?
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 am

aztecca wrote:^^^
she said they are made to play it with the volume turned to 0 so they cant here the swearing.
That's alright, the game comes with uncensored subtitles so they're not missing out on anything offensive in any way, shape or form.

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:Anyone looking forward to the online mode released on Tuesday?
Wow, this thread got all serious for a moment. Thanks for trying to bring it back :wink:

Yes, I am very much looking forward to the online tommorow, well, as long it's stable!

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am

Hope this don't offend anyone but you can turn trevor into bin ladin Haha best gta ever sorry san andreas fan boys this is better
This guy are sick

stvd

Post by stvd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

stayAwhile wrote:Hope this don't offend anyone but you can turn trevor into bin ladin Haha best gta ever sorry san andreas fan boys this is better
I don't think they exist. More likely to be Vice City fanboys! :D
San Andreas was the best GTA IMO.
I say was, this is way better.
Only watched my son play the online for a little while. Massive graphical pop-ups at the start but
It looks like it'll be all kinds of awesome.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:25 pm

stvd wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:Hope this don't offend anyone but you can turn trevor into bin ladin Haha best gta ever sorry san andreas fan boys this is better
I don't think they exist. More likely to be Vice City fanboys! :D
San Andreas was the best GTA IMO.
I say was, this is way better.
Only watched my son play the online for a little while. Massive graphical pop-ups at the start but
It looks like it'll be all kinds of awesome.
How cool is grove street being in gta v
This guy are sick