What's your most valuable game?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:57 pm

I dont really have much of high value - suppose the best of my bunch would be -

Oh Mummy (MD)
Pier Solar - First Run (MD) - Sealed
Pier Solar - Re-issue (MD) - Sealed
Pier Solar - Re-issue (MD) - played (lots)
The Getaway Limited edition (PS2) - sealed
Hardware Online Arena (commemorative 1,500,000 disc version Only 100 made)(PS2)
Burning Rangers (Saturn)
New Zealand Story (MD)
Rainbow Islands (MD)

Not all valuable per se - especially the last couple - but valuable to me.

Also nothing spectacular like some of the others here - but hey , value is relative to use , desire and budget.
Image

User avatar
Mayhem
Posts: 4739
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Mayhem » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 pm

killbot wrote:
Mayhem wrote:Ultima: Escape From Mount Drash all the way...
You seriously own that?
Yep, I own a complete copy of the game :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Image

BARK-MAN
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by BARK-MAN » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:46 am

Personally I'm more safari than zoo so not much of worth. Couple of mega cd games Sonic CD and final fight seem like they're worth a few quid and ff7 on PS.
Have a loft full of old games though so who knows.
Any rare Speccy games? I've got hundreds of them!

User avatar
Alarm
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 am
Location: UK

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Alarm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 am

BARK-MAN wrote:Personally I'm more safari than zoo so not much of worth. Couple of mega cd games Sonic CD and final fight seem like they're worth a few quid and ff7 on PS.
Have a loft full of old games though so who knows.
Any rare Speccy games? I've got hundreds of them!
There are and the Sinclair branded educational/business software can go for a pretty penny.

Edit: look how much this one went for.

Image

BARK-MAN
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by BARK-MAN » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:33 am

Alarm wrote:
BARK-MAN wrote:Personally I'm more safari than zoo so not much of worth. Couple of mega cd games Sonic CD and final fight seem like they're worth a few quid and ff7 on PS.
Have a loft full of old games though so who knows.
Any rare Speccy games? I've got hundreds of them!
There are and the Sinclair branded educational/business software can go for a pretty penny.

Edit: look how much this one went for.

Image
Crikey! That's mad!
Defo haven't got any of those "games". I'd have binned them the second I was given them.

User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by killbot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:44 am

Mayhem wrote:
killbot wrote:
Mayhem wrote:Ultima: Escape From Mount Drash all the way...
You seriously own that?
Yep, I own a complete copy of the game :)
Have I mentioned lately how much I love you?
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

User avatar
skylarking
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by skylarking » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:02 am

Don't have anything super-rare or expensive. PAL version of "Rule of Rose" maybe?
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

User avatar
Mayhem
Posts: 4739
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Mayhem » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:21 am

killbot wrote:Have I mentioned lately how much I love you?
I think my girlfriend would probably object :P

There was a private sale of a well known rare C64 title about three months ago, and someone else decided to flog a copy of it on eBay recently... this was the result. And no, I didn't win, but I came fairly close...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Image

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Probably some of my boxed Super Famicom and Snes games a lot of them I was watching on Ebay sold between the £70 and and £150 mark
my Pal Secret of Mana 2

Pal PS2 Rule of Rose
PS2 Mushihimesama Limited edition box set with figure and Art card
My Jap GBA games Double Dragon Advance and Empire of Steel
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Gigifusc
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Gigifusc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 am

Not sure £££ wise. But from a personal POV:

Spectrum Lord of the Rings (big fat box with 2 tapes and a copy of the Hobbit
Shadow of the beast (still in mint condition with an un-warn t-shirt)
PC Ultima collectors edition - lovely box with Ultima's I to VI and a beautiful map inside.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26633
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Gigifusc wrote:Spectrum Lord of the Rings (big fat box with 2 tapes and a copy of the Hobbit).
I think you'll find it's The Fellowship of The Ring in there. The Hobbit was packaged with (believe it or not) The Hobbit.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

llj
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by llj » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Probably SNES Chrono Trigger. I don't remember if I still have the box, though, because all my SNES stuff is at my parents' house.

I also have Earthbound, but no box or instruction book. Just the cart.

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13153
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by sscott » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 pm

nokgod wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:more than one of my boxed GX4000 games are worth over £100 each

Don't ask mayhem how much he paid for that Ultima then......... :wink:

As for me, i've had loads pass through my hands, but nowadays, i dunno really. I suppose QWAK (GBA) boxed, would cost a few quid if it ever turned up on ebay. Hard to put a value on it until one does. Its certainly the rarest one i own, anyway.
I own QWAK on GBA, with unreleased demos, but not boxed, given to me from Jamie Woodhouse in person, did you get yours the same way?
Image

User avatar
shiftytigger
Posts: 2965
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location: East London

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Shinobi wrote:My Jap GBA games - Empire of Steel
Is that actually any good? Im not a massive fan of the original but I have played it to death - does it translate well onto GBA?
Image

User avatar
nokgod
Posts: 9625
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: The Blackcountry

Re: What's your most valuable game?

Post by nokgod » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 pm

sscott wrote:
nokgod wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:more than one of my boxed GX4000 games are worth over £100 each

Don't ask mayhem how much he paid for that Ultima then......... :wink:

As for me, i've had loads pass through my hands, but nowadays, i dunno really. I suppose QWAK (GBA) boxed, would cost a few quid if it ever turned up on ebay. Hard to put a value on it until one does. Its certainly the rarest one i own, anyway.
I own QWAK on GBA, with unreleased demos, but not boxed, given to me from Jamie Woodhouse in person, did you get yours the same way?
No. you met him at one of the events, if i recall. Was it the one you organised? Seeing as i'm really just a mythical creature, its a struggle to get to get to these things :wink: Nice to get some unreleased demos though, that's proper rare. :)
Image
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests