rare xbox 360 games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

learnedrobb

Re: rare xbox 360 games

Post by learnedrobb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:01 am

Just had a quick peep at VGChartz. Looking at 2012, each of the top 20 selling game sin the UK shifted over 200k units each. Everything in the top 100 sold at least 78k copies.

I'm not sure where some folks get there 'figures' from, but to suggest that most games in the UK sell 10k or below is so incorrect its like reading a Tory PR!
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Most of the top 20 selling UK games were also well known franchises from what I've looked up, any other franchise that is not COD, FIFA, AssCreed or Nintendo games are lucky to even get to 100,000, such as Ni no Kuni (which I have my doubts on as well, despite it getting to Number 1).

I did apologise if any information was wrong in my last post , but even disregarding what I said, I never even stated it was 1K in it's lifetime sales, since I based the assumption on its positioning in the UK Charts, in addition to the scale the UK Number 1 games in the past year (which has been very low due to this generation, the recession and franchise fatigue), and we're basing this information on what VGC has posted, so we're all guestimating at this point.

Either way, we can all agree that it didn't sell that well...hell...it did pretty badly vs other "new" IPs such as Ni no Kuni and the "new" Devil May Cry franchise.

On a final note to the last poster, don't associate me with Tory please, as I am very Anti-Tory due their crappy policies (apologies again to any Tory supporters).
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Starlight wrote:Most of the top 20 selling UK games were also well known franchises from what I've looked up, any other franchise that is not COD, FIFA, AssCreed or Nintendo games are lucky to even get to 100,000, such as Ni no Kuni (which I have my doubts on as well, despite it getting to Number 1).

I did apologise if any information was wrong in my last post , but even disregarding what I said, I never even stated it was 1K in it's lifetime sales, since I based the assumption on its positioning in the UK Charts, in addition to the scale the UK Number 1 games in the past year (which has been very low due to this generation, the recession and franchise fatigue), and we're basing this information on what VGC has posted, so we're all guestimating at this point.

Either way, we can all agree that it didn't sell that well...hell...it did pretty badly vs other "new" IPs such as Ni no Kuni and the "new" Devil May Cry franchise.

On a final note to the last poster, don't associate me with Tory please, as I am very Anti-Tory due their crappy policies (apologies again to any Tory supporters).
With respect, Starlight, you were presenting guess work as if it were fact whilst not being particularly clear at the same time. People here know their stuff and unless you're clear about your info you will get corrected a lot not always pleasantly. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

GameOverYeah

Post by GameOverYeah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 pm

I may have to pick up Binary Domain again then. Only recently got rid of it too. Also surprised FFXI would be rare later on. I've had it since launch but always considered it garbage as I can't really trade it and cannot imagine anyone being able to use it in the future. Guess I was wrong!

My guesses would be RPGs. They always seem to creep up, even if they are not rare. Eternal Sonata may creep up has shops phase out 360 stock. Also the Asian version of Lost Odyssey which comes in a bigger box. IRS definitely one of the highest regarded JRPGs this gen. Also might be worth looking out for signed by devs Witcher 2. Saw loads in preowned shelves but they were not in great shape. Can imagine these to be saught after especially if Witcher 3 does well.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 am

Starlight wrote:
Never said you were a Tory, just that using inaccurate info reminds me of the kind of nonsense that the Torys use. Wasn't meant to be an insult.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:38 am

I'm predicting Williams Pinball Classics, Darkstar One and the Secret Of Monkey Island haven't done particularly well in sales judging by how often I see them 2nd hand - which isn't often.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 pm

with regards to the online Final Fantasy on 360 - it also has expansion packs I believe - I only have the evidence of my own town to go on and there it has not been seen in the wild by myself for two or more years and believe me Im always prowling this towns shops for games. The last time I saw it in a shop it was very expensive and I was still going to buy it but when I went back the next day it was gone and has not been seen since. By that reckoning I feel it may be becoming a rare game, its just my opinion mind you.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Prof Mango B Coconut

Post by Prof Mango B Coconut » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:54 pm

It'll be interesting to see if an online only game retains any value once the servers have been switched off. I can't see it myself, except perhaps for a sealed mint copy being in demand by those completists who collect such things.
Suppose you were an idiot; suppose also that you were an XBox One owner. But I repeat myself.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Prof Mango B Coconut wrote:except perhaps for a sealed mint copy being in demand by those completists who collect such things.
It is precisely for that reason it could become sought after. We'll see though, eh?

Prof Mango B Coconut

Post by Prof Mango B Coconut » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Well, in 20 years time when you make a killing on yours I shall accept your gloating with good grace, as my arthritic hands weakly grip my Zimmer Frame :mrgreen:
Suppose you were an idiot; suppose also that you were an XBox One owner. But I repeat myself.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Prof Mango B Coconut wrote:Well, in 20 years time when you make a killing on yours I shall accept your gloating with good grace, as my arthritic hands weakly grip my Zimmer Frame :mrgreen:
I still haven't got it. I may trade with skodathegreat if ive got owt that he wants.

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:44 pm

gman72 wrote:
Prof Mango B Coconut wrote:Well, in 20 years time when you make a killing on yours I shall accept your gloating with good grace, as my arthritic hands weakly grip my Zimmer Frame :mrgreen:
I still haven't got it. I may trade with skodathegreat if ive got owt that he wants.
You'll get it bud, don't worry!

The version you have uploaded an image of is the same one.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

skodathegreat wrote:
gman72 wrote:
You'll get it bud, don't worry!

The version you have uploaded an image of is the same one.
That's the one I had or still may have somewhere.

Was really surprised at the price naughty bear was going for considering its such a steaming pile.

Magna Carta 2 maybe one to watch out for. been meaning to get a copy for a while but never see it anymore.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm

gman72 wrote:with regards to the online Final Fantasy on 360 - it also has expansion packs I believe - I only have the evidence of my own town to go on and there it has not been seen in the wild by myself for two or more years and believe me Im always prowling this towns shops for games. The last time I saw it in a shop it was very expensive and I was still going to buy it but when I went back the next day it was gone and has not been seen since. By that reckoning I feel it may be becoming a rare game, its just my opinion mind you.
I did mention the expansion packs earlier in the thread but it must have been overlooked. I did used to see them quite a lot but always ignored them as I assumed FFXI was an undesirable game over here.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Megamixer wrote:
gman72 wrote:with regards to the online Final Fantasy on 360 - it also has expansion packs I believe - I only have the evidence of my own town to go on and there it has not been seen in the wild by myself for two or more years and believe me Im always prowling this towns shops for games. The last time I saw it in a shop it was very expensive and I was still going to buy it but when I went back the next day it was gone and has not been seen since. By that reckoning I feel it may be becoming a rare game, its just my opinion mind you.
I did mention the expansion packs earlier in the thread but it must have been overlooked. I did used to see them quite a lot but always ignored them as I assumed FFXI was an undesirable game over here.
So you did, megamixer. wanna trade?