rare xbox 360 games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

retrojc

Re: rare xbox 360 games

Post by retrojc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Az, most of this is just speculation.

James A

Post by James A » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm

retrojc wrote:Az, most of this is just speculation.
Speculate to accumulate :D

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

James A wrote:
retrojc wrote:Az, most of this is just speculation.
Speculate to accumulate :D

Yep this time next years well be Milllllionaries Rodney.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 pm

aztecca wrote:The Rugby league and tour de france games will probably bacome scacre also i reckon.A lot of these games though are rare beacuse they are crap and no one buys them.There may be a handful of people who have to have a complete set who go looking for them but they are never going to be worth much more than they was when bought new in the first place.Buying rare 360 games now because you think you will be able to retire early on the massive profits you "think" they will make for you in the future is a crazy idea.You would be better off spending you cash on lottery tickets.
^ indeed. In most cases rare is crap. Makes sense.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 am

Binary Domain on 360's going to be so rare (only 20,000 units sold in America...probably less than 1,000 in the UK!), Virtual On Force (Asian Version), the CAVE shooters.

That's all I have. :(
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Starlight wrote:Binary Domain on 360's going to be so rare (only 20,000 units sold in America...probably less than 1,000 in the UK!), Virtual On Force (Asian Version), the CAVE shooters.

That's all I have. :(
Binary Domain less than 1000 in UK? :shock:
Wow :shock:
That game was ace, glad ive kept it :shock:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 pm

1000 seems very low doesn't it?
It seems fairly easy to get a hold of from ebay and the likes, so would be a good time to buy.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Cant believe it sold less than 1000 copies my local game and cex must have 10 meeeeelion preowned copies between them.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:10 pm

I can't believe the 1000 selling mark, as it would be well known if it was true.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Yep, it sold just shy of 20,000 in UK.

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/48825/binary-domain/UK/

I know, VGC isn't the best source, but it's as good as we get.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 pm

retrojc wrote:Yep, it sold just shy of 20,000 in UK.

I think that's the American one if it's the 20,000 I mentioned. :lol: (someone posted the NPD (the american monthly gaming sales charts) for it on a forum)

According to that link you gave me, the first week panned out like:

25th February 2012 | Week 1 | 1,334 |

Yep...it's almost to my prediction...and I am sadly not surprised. :(

UK Charts at the moment are pretty bad...the top selling game this last year were in the 10,000s...unless you count FIFA or COD.

Binary Domain (as far as I am aware), debuted at 38 in the All Formats chart...and I believe that Rayman Origins was in the chart at 7K in the top 10....which is where I got my 1000 estimate from. I do apologise if it is wrong of course, but the UK Charts haven't really been at all that "big" since the height of 2009 when we apparently bought more than even the Japanese Media Create charts.

Either way...it's not sold at all that much in Europe, and apparently the PS3 versions sold marginally more than the 360 version. :(

If you want to compare this game in how rare it could get to the legendary price tag of Panzer Dragoon Saga, then PDS actually sold 60,000 copies in America alone due to reprints (from what limited knowledge I have on PDS' performance).

Oh yeah, why is it so low in price? Well...most SEGA games this generation have been pretty low in their price tag...which is pretty good, but surprisingly they have been stocking their games pretty low (Valkryria Chronicles is another example), they expected Binary Domain to sell quite well, and probably overstocked (about probably 100,000 in Europe and America) and vastly overestimated the market.
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 am

With respect that link clearly says that it sold 1334 units after the first week of release and 5799 units after 10 weeks which seem like realistic numbers to me. Where are you getting your info from?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 am

Naughty Bear is still around the 15 - 20 quid mark
Going Solo...................

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:18 am

Starlight wrote:
I think that's the American one if it's the 20,000 I mentioned. :lol: (someone posted the NPD (the american monthly gaming sales charts) for it on a forum)

Nope, it has a total unit sale of 18,992 in the UK.

Starlight wrote: UK Charts at the moment are pretty bad...the top selling game this last year were in the 10,000s...unless you count FIFA or COD.

Binary Domain (as far as I am aware), debuted at 38 in the All Formats chart...and I believe that Rayman Origins was in the chart at 7K in the top 10....which is where I got my 1000 estimate from.
Where are you getting this from? Again, (I know VGchartz isnt the best) but it's saying Rayman sold 2,267 in the first week. but ended on 76,233.

Top 10 in the UK in retail stores is fake. As in companies pay to have their games in it.

Starlight wrote: Either way...it's not sold at all that much in Europe, and apparently the PS3 versions sold marginally more than the 360 version. :(

If you want to compare this game in how rare it could get to the legendary price tag of Panzer Dragoon Saga, then PDS actually sold 60,000 copies in America alone due to reprints (from what limited knowledge I have on PDS' performance).

Oh yeah, why is it so low in price? Well...most SEGA games this generation have been pretty low in their price tag...which is pretty good, but surprisingly they have been stocking their games pretty low (Valkryria Chronicles is another example), they expected Binary Domain to sell quite well, and probably overstocked (about probably 100,000 in Europe and America) and vastly overestimated the market.
Low price points are irrelevant to how a game sells, I can't think of many Sega games than have sold for less than £30 at launch.

Valkyria didn't have a low stock, it sold over a million units world wide. with 225,000 sales in europe..

I'm not trying to be a bum! I just don't believe 1,000 sales are than obvious.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 am

Starlight wrote:
retrojc wrote:Yep, it sold just shy of 20,000 in UK.

Yep...it's almost to my prediction...and I am sadly not surprised. :(

UK Charts at the moment are pretty bad...the top selling game this last year were in the 10,000s...unless you count FIFA or COD.

Binary Domain (as far as I am aware), debuted at 38 in the All Formats chart...and I believe that Rayman Origins was in the chart at 7K in the top 10....which is where I got my 1000 estimate from. I do apologise if it is wrong of course, but the UK Charts haven't really been at all that "big" since the height of 2009 when we apparently bought more than even the Japanese Media Create charts.

Either way...it's not sold at all that much in Europe, and apparently the PS3 versions sold marginally more than the 360 version. :(

You do realise thats sales figure is for one week and not total don't you. because you were implying less than 1000 total and it surpassed that in its first week.

So its nowhere near your prediction

as for US, well it apparentlu finished at nearly 60,00 copies, and hit a total of 47,00 in europe overall.

and waht are you talking about most games only get in the 10,00 in the UK, binary Domain ( as we have already established did nearly double that )

total worldwide sales were around 130,000. and the PS3 did not do marginally more, it had nearly double the sales the 360 version did.