Capcom XBL sale - 'Arcade Cabinet' complete pack half price

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

skylarking

Capcom XBL sale - 'Arcade Cabinet' complete pack half price

Post by skylarking » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Down from 2000 to 1000 Microsoft Points until the 23rd, for anyone who's been waiting for a discount to pick it up. Basic game is also half price at 200msp.
Last edited by skylarking on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

RetroBob

Re: Capcom XBL sale - 'Arcade Cabinet' complete pack half pr

Post by RetroBob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:36 am

Well worth it!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 am

A lot of Capcom stuff is on offer this week only. I picked up MegaMan 9 and 10 for 400 points each (Which I earned from ShopTo, who were offering 800 free points with every year long subscription brought until the 31st this month.)

Here a list, though its missing MM9, so they might of missed others.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... ed%5D.html
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 pm

just downloading all the arcade cabinet stuff + games, its a must buy at that price!

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Ghosts and Goblins hasn't got any easier over time has it? bloody hell!!

Used to remember being really good on Commando, only just cleared the first stage tonight.

shiffy

Post by shiffy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am

Hi all,
Just spotted this post about the Capcom Arcade Cabinet. It was on my radar when it was first released, but was a little too expensive. However, now that it's half price I'm all over this.

I wonder if someone could just clarify as the wording on Capcom's description seems a little ambiguous to me. Do I only need to download the "Complete Pack" at 1000msp or do I also need the "Full Game" at 200msp as well as the "Complete Pack" .... spending 1200msp in total?

I ask because I was under the impression the base game was free.

If any owner could clarify it would be much appreciated! Oh, if anyone wants to add me on XBL for some multiplayer fun, I'll be up for that as well!

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

shiffy wrote:Hi all,
Just spotted this post about the Capcom Arcade Cabinet. It was on my radar when it was first released, but was a little too expensive. However, now that it's half price I'm all over this.

I wonder if someone could just clarify as the wording on Capcom's description seems a little ambiguous to me. Do I only need to download the "Complete Pack" at 1000msp or do I also need the "Full Game" at 200msp as well as the "Complete Pack" .... spending 1200msp in total?

I ask because I was under the impression the base game was free.

If any owner could clarify it would be much appreciated! Oh, if anyone wants to add me on XBL for some multiplayer fun, I'll be up for that as well!
You need to buy the "full game" for 200mps then the "Complete Pack" for 1000mps. Only the demo is free.
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

Bermondsey Bob

Post by Bermondsey Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 am

I bought this the other night as I thought it was pretty good value at the offer price. I think you need to buyy the base pack as well as the "all in one" pack (which makes it a 1200 point purchase). The base pack only has Black Tiger open, but you can't unlock anything without buying it.

I've mostly been playing Ghosts N Goblins as I love that game! I've never really been too god at it. The floating platforms of level 2 is the furthest I've ever got. I did however manage to complete the first playthrough (before you get sent back to the start again) by playing the "casual mode".. This makes it much easier, but you an't unlock any achievments in that mode though.

One thing it did make me realise though is that I really need a decent PC set up on my telly though so that I can play my Hyperspin emulator set up on a big screen!

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 am

You just need the all in one pack. Originally it was sold in parts starting with the base pack with add on packs released fortnightly which unlocked games; like any XBLA title the first pack has a 'demo' and 'full game'.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 am

i've bought this too, as it seemed good value for money

so far, i've played

Savage Bees => got the achievements in 1,5h but i shudder to think playing this in the aracades to completion => can't imagine someone finishing this without a lot of coins

Ghouls & Goblins => very hard, i almost got thru to the boss in the second stage before i realized there was a time limit too!

Commando => i don't like it that much, if this had a control scheme like Total Carnage... no surprise that i didn't got very far in it

1942 => i somehow got hit quite easily so quit early on

i'll have to improve my skills it seems 8)

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Slightly disappointed with the selection of games... Just wish they'd included eco fighters....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.