Dire games you HAVENT played but......

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

c0nfu53d

Re: Dire games you HAVENT played but......

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Guardians of the 'hood. I will get around to this. Someday.

Also The Kriss Kross game on the Mega CD.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Mancman - PlayStation Power gave Iznogoud 2% and both those percentage points were awarded for the disc starting up first time! BTW the title comes from the original cartoon.

As for me - gotta be Plumbers Don't Wear Ties!

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Mancman - PlayStation Power gave Iznogoud 2% and both those percentage points were awarded for the disc starting up first time! BTW the title comes from the original cartoon.

Ah, didn't know it was based on a cartoon series. Guess it never really had much of a chance then, lol.

joefish

Post by joefish » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

How about all 50 games on Cascade's Cassette 50 for at least one of the 8-bit computers it was released on? That'd be quite a marathon. Hats off to whoever archived that little lot. I haven't even managed to get through the handful of games on Firebird's Don't Buy This, even with emulation and instant loading.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've played all the games on Quicksilvas's Softaid and some of them were quite good...

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Akira on the Amiga - I think some mags scored it even lower than 16% that Amiga Power gave it here.

http://amr.abime.net/review_991

tux

Post by tux » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

will2097 wrote:Akira on the Amiga - I think some mags scored it even lower than 16% that Amiga Power gave it here.

http://amr.abime.net/review_991

They did indeed, C+VG gave it single figures, i noticed it while scanning through old mags the other day. Its anouther one that doesnt look that bad in pictures. Quite want to play it too!

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 pm

joefish wrote:Come to think of it, I don't think I've played all the games on Quicksilvas's Softaid and some of them were quite good...
The only truly dire game on Soft Aid is Jack and the Beanstalk, so that should save you some time.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Mancman wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:Mancman - PlayStation Power gave Iznogoud 2% and both those percentage points were awarded for the disc starting up first time! BTW the title comes from the original cartoon.

Ah, didn't know it was based on a cartoon series. Guess it never really had much of a chance then, lol.

My friend still has Iznogoud and its as bad as they say, a 'Mario' clone from what I remember of it... The cartoon used to be shown on Sky 1 'Iznogoud' wanted to be Sultan in place of the big fat Dumbo who was Sultan originally! He was called Iznogoud' as he was a bit of a git ironically the game wasn't any good
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Commodore User gave Ninja Master 0 out of 10 for all ratings except sound which had 3 out of 10 And Zzap gave Gerty Goose and Omega Bolt 3% they had a letter of the company saying they bankrupted them as they sank there life savings into those games..

Not the Worst game to me would start a flame war if I mention it, don't understand why people class it as the best thing since sliced bread.. A friend has lent me three of them after lots of trail and error trying to scale that damn Crevice/Glacier I got to the bit where you kill lots of people in a Airport.. Onto the Shanty town people shouting me from windows but can' see them
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Prof Mango B Coconut

Post by Prof Mango B Coconut » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Polybius.

/cos it's always worth bringing up once in a while.
Suppose you were an idiot; suppose also that you were an XBox One owner. But I repeat myself.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:40 am

dste wrote:Also Superman 64, the way that everyone goes on about how bad it is just makes me want to play it more.
I paid £5 for it a few years back. You don't really play Superman 64, you experience about 10 seconds of it before it's 'game over' and you never want to touch it again! There really isn't a game there! Attempt to fly through a few rings, fail and give up! It's such a shame too because Superman The Animated (which it is based on) was an absolutely brilliant TV show.

tux

Post by tux » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:24 am

I didnt want to play superman 64 before this thread, but i do now :lol:

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 am

I always wanted to play Clayfighter 63 1/3 on N64 despite its horrible reviews. That and Rise of the Robots always appealed to me as I've always liked fighters. Very much doubt I ever will splash out on them though just to see how bad they really are. Suppose i could start start saving for Clayfighter Sculptors Cut now :lol:

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 am

Shinobi wrote:Commodore User gave Ninja Master 0 out of 10 for all ratings except sound which had 3 out of 10 And Zzap gave Gerty Goose and Omega Bolt 3% they had a letter of the company saying they bankrupted them as they sank there life savings into those games..
Ninja Master deserves at least a one, as there needs to be some room below it to score Oriental Hero. Both games are awful, but not equally so.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 am

Shinobi wrote:Commodore User
You lost me at Comode User