A Day In The Life Of Sir Clive Sinclair Computer Game!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mantas

New Castlevania for PSP - including SOTN and Rondo of Blood

Post by Mantas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm

Saw this on the DCEMU site and thoguht I'd post it here. Excellent news. If its indeed true.

Konami is planning a Castlevania title for PSP - and they're not mucking about either, packing Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood onto the same disc as a full-blown 3D-graphics remake of the latter.

Going by the name Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, it's due out in the autumn.

"Rondo of Blood?" It's only ever been released properly in Japan, although you may have played a slightly less exciting port of it on the SNES called Dracula X. Don't worry though, they're not going to spoil it with 3D visuals, as the gameplay will still be ostensibly 2D.

What's more, an untouched port of the original code, along with one of the much celebrated PlayStation title Symphony of the Night, will also be stuffed onto the UMD when the game makes its first appearance later this year. There's no 3D remake planned of the latter, sadly.

Even so, it still sounds brilliant. Xbox 360 fans will want to remember that Symphony of the Night is also set to be released via Live Arcade in the near future.

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:03 pm

What makes me slightly annoyed is why - 10 years on - Konami cannot be bothered to update SOTN. The Saturn version has two extra areas and the ability to play as Maria - who is also a Boss herself. Why are we getting the "incomplete" version?

Dont get me wrong, I have the Playstation game and think its groundbreaking, but you do get the feeling that its unfinished somehow.

Even still, this is fantastic news and I hope they release it on the PS2 as well. :D

tcdev

Post by tcdev » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:44 pm

This is terrific news indeed, though waiting until Sept. for the release won't be easy... Still, it will give me time to do the original PCE DracX on my GP2X before looking at the PSP version, and they keep promising Metal Slug Anthology will arrive soon to help pass the time...

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:47 am

Damn, all this after I sell my PSP! Still, I can play Rondo on the original hardware at least :)

What do you think they mean by 'updated 3D graphics'.....good or bad?

Mantas

Re:

Post by Mantas » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:12 am

oli_lar wrote:Damn, all this after I sell my PSP! Still, I can play Rondo on the original hardware at least :)

What do you think they mean by 'updated 3D graphics'.....good or bad?
I'm thinking and hoping they mean 3D like in Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins and the recent Sonic Rivals where the the gameplay is 2D but the animation is 3D.

Demonblaze

Post by Demonblaze » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:01 pm

http://uk.gamespot.com/psp/action/castl ... lk=topslot
Gamespot have written about this too, their usually spot on with this kind of thing so I'm inclined to beleive what they say. I was actually hoping they would release Rondo's Blood on Virtual Console but there's a lack of anything Konami there. On another note it's about timee they get their fingers out and release a suikoden collection, eg. 1,2 and the game boy gaiden games but for this to work the save games would have to be compatible with Sukoden 3 on PS2 or there just wouldn't be any point.

yethboth

A Day In The Life Of Sir Clive Sinclair Computer Game!

Post by yethboth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:55 am

Does anyone remember the Sinclair Spectrum game: A Day In The Life Of Sir Clive Sinclair?

I remember it was a puzzle/Jet Set Willy type game where you controlled Sir Clive himself, but only his head!

I remember you had to avoid moving obstacles and other things to enable him to get from his house to work.

I remember every time you lost, it played a hilarious and catchy tune to get you even more frustrated. :lol:

Does anyone else remember this game on the sinclair spectrum?
Last edited by yethboth on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:26 am

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:27 am

No the game wasnt censored ....my post was.....

The game itself was sh!te