The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:45 am

^^^ They just need to do it rather than trolling the fans! Kiryu would be a much better fit than Noctis or Negan...MUCH better. The Dragon of Dojima fighting style would fit into Tekken so well, and there are heaps of Heat actions and moves from the Rush/Beast modes to draw on.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:34 am

Some bad news - Microsoft are doing away with the year-long subscriptions for Gold - they've already vanished from the online store - and the current "remaining" Gold subscriptions will cost about £100 - almost the same as Game Pass...
Where logic won't work, I will

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm

That Fall Guys game coming out looks pretty fun, gives me serious Takeshi’s Castle vibes. I think it’s free on PS+ too!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 am

New stuff for the dead horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 07SJ0n2I_s

Its nice to see Akira and Dan in there, wonder how they will make them play like crap.
Its also gonna get a PS5 port because sod making new things when you can just bung out the old thing

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:40 pm

No Makoto, huh? Feels like a strange decision to me but I’m happy to see Dan in there. Don’t they mention a ‘new mechanic’ is going to be introduced too?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:40 pm
No Makoto, huh? Feels like a strange decision to me but I’m happy to see Dan in there. Don’t they mention a ‘new mechanic’ is going to be introduced too?
The reasoning is, hes friends with Blanka and Sakura.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:49 am

^^^ I do enjoy SFV (all the DLC and update strategies from Capcom aside!) but whenever I haven't played it for a while, I end up in the training mode re-teaching myself the mechanics. It's certainly the least intuitive Street Fighter I have ever played.

Compare that to my recent re-playing of Alpha 3 (which can still be MORE than technical enough) and it's night and day. The only thing missing from that game are the command lists (supposedly done to sell strategy guides? That's what I heard anyway...).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:56 am

So that Genshin Impact game seems like it might be a good option if you’re done with Breath of the Wild? It looks pretty gorgeous, the character switching seems fun and it overall just seems like a pleasant time

...It’s also gacha, so you need to grind or pay for a chance at getting characters and weapons :?

batman877

Post by batman877 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:35 am

Megamixer wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:49 am
^^^ I do enjoy SFV (all the DLC and update strategies from Capcom aside!) but whenever I haven't played it for a while, I end up in the training mode re-teaching myself the mechanics. It's certainly the least intuitive Street Fighter I have ever played.

Compare that to my recent re-playing of Alpha 3 (which can still be MORE than technical enough) and it's night and day. The only thing missing from that game are the command lists (supposedly done to sell strategy guides? That's what I heard anyway...).
I can still put up a good fight using knowledge from my Street Fighter 2 days, but I can't even get through some of the tutorials on SF5 - some moves feel so difficult to pull off. It's a great game with a ton of depth, but I feel it's not a friend to those who just want to dip in and out occasionally.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:19 am

Well my ps4 decided to get stuck in safe mode last night. Updated the firmware as told via internet but didn't work. Didn't have time to try rebuilding the database last night so going to try tonight after I've checked the hardrive, which I think may be the problem.