The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Beans

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by The Beans » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:59 am

Just been made aware of Tower 57 on Xbox Wire. It's a twin stick shooter tribute to The Chaos Engine. Looks pretty snazzy to me.

I'm also liking the look of that Wonder Boy 3 remake that's landing soon.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

^ Finally some info on MvC Infinite! Not completely sold on the visuals

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 pm

In game footage is fine to

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri May 05, 2017 1:54 am

First bit of DLC for Nier is out; kind of pricey for a battle arena and the pleasure of seeing 2B fight in Kaine's getup.
The 2B outfit for Kat in Gravity Rush 2 is out too, that's free and looks great.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm

A Phantom Dust remaster arrives on the Xbox One and it's free. With microtransactions of some sort.

While I have zero interest in the game itself I'm wondering if we're seeing the start of something new on the One. First Voodoo Vince and now we get Phantom Dust. Could it be the start of a subconscious program to remaster the most mediocre games the original Xbox had to offer? Might there yet be ... Yager?

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed May 17, 2017 3:13 pm

The Beans wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm
A Phantom Dust remaster arrives on the Xbox One and it's free. With microtransactions of some sort.

While I have zero interest in the game itself I'm wondering if we're seeing the start of something new on the One. First Voodoo Vince and now we get Phantom Dust. Could it be the start of a subconscious program to remaster the most mediocre games the original Xbox had to offer? Might there yet be ... Yager?
Or Blinx.

TBF as long as Crimson skies, and Rallisport challenge appeared I would be happy.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Phantom dust never even got a Pal release on the original xbox.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 am

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4, XO and PC! Awesome news. Looking forward to FRYING INTO FLEE all over again :o

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 am

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is one of my favourite games of all time but there's no reason for me to buy it again on this gen's consoles. I've already played it to death. It's not even a proper remaster by the look of it. It's just a port like they did with the Dead Rising games.

And where's the sequel? Capcom, you suck.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am

You're peeing in the wind if you're holding out for a sequel; they've got the MMO now, and that's that

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am
You're peeing in the wind if you're holding out for a sequel; they've got the MMO now, and that's that
I'm not "holding out" for anything. You think I'm going to even consider buying a straight port of a game I've already caned just because there's no sequel coming? I can play the game on my 360 without giving Capcom a penny. :lol:
I'd rather see a sequel than this decidely less than awesome re-release is all. At the very least I'd expect a serious graphical and performance update with some new content if I'm to buy it again. You only have to look at the Dead Rising re-releases to see that isn't how Capcom roll at all.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 am

^ Fair enough! I'd at least hope they look into making the frame rate a bit more stable though

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am

I got Guardians of the Galaxy for my birthday as well as a couple of Xbox vouchers, which I used to pick up Table Top Racing as well as a load of the Neo Geo games in the store.

I also spent FAR too much in the Xbox 360 b/c sale :oops:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue May 23, 2017 11:35 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 am
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4, XO and PC! Awesome news. Looking forward to FRYING INTO FLEE all over again :o
Great news. The game rocks but the frame rate sucks on last gen consoles. The DD MMO is 60FPS, so I'm expecting similar for the Dark Arisen port. I do quite like how Capcom seems to be doing decent ports of most of their last gen games for the PS4 (and Xbox One), I'll end up buying all of them.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 11:35 am
Sel Feena wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 am
Great news. The game rocks but the frame rate sucks on last gen consoles. The DD MMO is 60FPS, so I'm expecting similar for the Dark Arisen port. I do quite like how Capcom seems to be doing decent ports of most of their last gen games for the PS4 (and Xbox One), I'll end up buying all of them.
Like Beans, I'm not particularly enthused about a port with no extra content (I want Capcom to be better than that) but at the same time, I sold my copy ages ago and have recently been considering picking it up again to start afresh so this re-release is quite timely.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.