The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by nokgod » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 am

Heh, beaten to the punch again! I was just going to post on how good Uncharted 4 looks with HDR enabled. So, soooo smooth and so pretty it hurts your eyes 8)

I agree it's just another PS4 but wow, if that's how good games look now, I'm excited to see what they'll look like once they start pushing its boundaries in the near future.

If you have a 4k TV I recommend picking up a pro to get the most out of it. You won't look back, trust me.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:03 am

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/15/hats ... in-january

Aww yiss. Didn't expect this to ever come across from Japan, great job Sega! Not even mad about double-dipping.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:07 am

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 am

Sel Feena wrote:http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749 ... com-4-news

Please let this be true
I really hope this is true.

One thingthough. Don't make all the characters playable from the start. Part of the fun of fighting games for me is unlocking new hidden fighters.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:03 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749 ... com-4-news

Please let this be true
I really hope this is true.

One thingthough. Don't make all the characters playable from the start. Part of the fun of fighting games for me is unlocking new hidden fighters.
Don't lock them for multiplayer, just do a good single player side of things and have some characters unlockable as you go. I love to unlock characters in single player, but hate doing it for multi player mode.

But I do hope this rumour is true. I love MvC (I've played the heck out of the entire series) so getting a MvC4 would be a dream come true.

Speaking of dreams coming true - Yakuza 6's demo is now up in Japan and Hong Kong. Downloading it now, so hyped to play this game :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:40 pm

^^^ Somebody did spread some fake MvC4 posters out there about a week ago mind and they were already debunked as fake so keep that in mind.

That said, Ono has stated that what people are expecting to be the SFV Akuma reveal at Playstation Experience might NOT be what they are expecting so...read into that what you will.

Taking that article with a bit of salt however, it sounds a bit disappointing (but understandable from a profit perspective) that Capcom are likely to lean further towards the current movie favourites rather than the classic characters such as the X-Men. I'm much more of a fan of the older comics and MvC roster choices than the movie stuff that's all the rage now. I would at least hope that they don't alter all the costumes, appearances etc. to resemble the movies!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Megamixer wrote:^^^ Somebody did spread some fake MvC4 posters out there about a week ago mind and they were already debunked as fake so keep that in mind.

That said, Ono has stated that what people are expecting to be the SFV Akuma reveal at Playstation Experience might NOT be what they are expecting so...read into that what you will.

Taking that article with a bit of salt however, it sounds a bit disappointing (but understandable from a profit perspective) that Capcom are likely to lean further towards the current movie favourites rather than the classic characters such as the X-Men. I'm much more of a fan of the older comics and MvC roster choices than the movie stuff that's all the rage now. I would at least hope that they don't alter all the costumes, appearances etc. to resemble the movies!
REG the Xmen thing. I think that might be more to do with Marvel and will probably be something they ask for.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
Megamixer wrote:^^^ Somebody did spread some fake MvC4 posters out there about a week ago mind and they were already debunked as fake so keep that in mind.

REG the Xmen thing. I think that might be more to do with Marvel and will probably be something they ask for.
Fair enough if true. I'd be surprised though since the X-Men characters are still very much in the public eye with the constant movies. They are also pretty timeless characters that shouldn't need to be 'current' anyway. But yeah, if it's Marvel wanting a focus on the properties they still have movie rights to then I can see why they would want that.

I'll keep an open mind anyway and I'd doubtlessly buy the game in any case!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Thats the whole point though. The movies are not done by marvel and they want the license back but until then they have started putting the xmen in the background a little. they are even phasing out the merchandise for Xmen.

After the disaster Fox have made with the Fantastic four marvel have canx the Comic book and written them out of the Marvel universe for a short while.

Fox have cancelled a planned sequel and Marvel are hoping they can convince them to give up the rights early.

They basically want to hold off on doing anything at all with the characters until the movie rights come back to them and start adding them in to the overall universe ( including the movies ) again.

Its the main Reason we are getting an inhumans film, and have already had a guardians of the Galaxy movie. They are the replacements.

Inhumans are a perfect replacemnt for mutants and The fantastic four dealt a lot with Galactic threats which Guardians of the galaxy are perfect for.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 pm

So essentially pre-emptively undermining any demand for future films in those series' by actively damaging the characters' public popularity so that Fox give them up? That's pretty cunning by Marvel :)

To be fair, I bet they're annoyed that they ever sold those rights in the past without any idea of how big superhero films would become. Fox have done a pretty good job with X-Men throughout the series I reckon but yeah, Fantastic Four was a disaster for sure.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 am

The Bulletstorm remaster is confirmed at last. The game was ace on 360 and I'll be buying it again for Xbox One when it lands next april. It's the usual remaster package of graphical updates, DLC and a few extra levels and modes. Gearbox are also throwihg ih the ability to play as Duke Nukem. PS4 gets 4K support too.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Looks like it's real, then

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/3/138289 ... experience

That teaser is pretty damn lame, though.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Well, Sony have announced that both Yakuza 1 (Remake) and Yakuza 6 are getting translated for the PS4. Excellent news, glad to see the series continues to actually get brought over, 6 isn't due out to 2018 though, so I guess I won't be canceling my Japanese pre order that's due next week!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Sleeping Dogs Re-master is free on Games with Gold.
Oblivion is now backwards compatible on Xbox
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Well, Sony have announced that both Yakuza 1 (Remake) and Yakuza 6 are getting translated for the PS4. Excellent news, glad to see the series continues to actually get brought over, 6 isn't due out to 2018 though, so I guess I won't be canceling my Japanese pre order that's due next week!
Awesome!

Also noticed that Ultimate MvC3 is back up on PSN again (well for PS4 at least) after it was removed before due to licensing issues. Oh and Garou + WINDJAMMERS?!?. Take my f****** money.

In all seriousness (taking the other stuff shown as well such as the Crash 'N-Sane' remaster etc.), I think the Playstation Experience show was probably better than E3.