The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by gman72 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:New Daytona is comming, apparently only for Arcades:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/02/sega-retu ... a-6229476/

Wanted to post a thread about it but for some reason the forum doesn't allow me to. This will need some amazing graphics and some good immersion "gimmick" if it's to repeat what the original did back then. I like to see such revivals but the newer generations of players expect much more from racing games than just shiny visuals and speed.

And Cruisin' is apparently also joining it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFTxxbkUtA
Is it coming out on xbox or ps4?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:36 am

gman72 wrote: Is it coming out on xbox or ps4?
No idea, I guess they could port it over in some time but for now it's announced as a coin-op title. As I said I wanted a new thread for it but there was an error when trying to post a new thread that I couldn't overcome.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:38 pm

you are so random :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Mass Effect 2 & 3 added to Xbox One backwards compatibility today. Disc version only.
We've been getting a few big hitters lately. The BC wizardy goblins must be working hard for a christmas bonus.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:00 am

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/07/some ... ave-missed

Diablo 3 still getting support, amazing. Think I managed to get to only T3 with my best character, this might make me jump back in

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

Rocket League seems to me stopping playing other games. I have a team now so play 3 or 4 times a week and have reached an OK standard. Did play some Dying Light complete edition which is not bad.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:54 pm

The update patch for Skyrim Special Edition has left it virtually unplayable... bloody hell...
It was supposed to sort out an unclear audio issue on PC and Xbox One which I hadn't noticed any problem with and has left the game a mess... constant crashing and glitching... I hope they sort this soon... idiots.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:13 am

gman72 wrote:The update patch for Skyrim Special Edition has left it virtually unplayable... bloody hell...
It was supposed to sort out an unclear audio issue on PC and Xbox One which I hadn't noticed any problem with and has left the game a mess... constant crashing and glitching... I hope they sort this soon... idiots.
Well mine is running fine since the update, no problems at all. Might want to do a hard reset of your One, it tends to clear a lot of problems. There's also the new dashboard update knocking about. Then again it might just be something on your save related to where you're at in the game.

edit: forgot to mention that I've got most of the autosaving disabled because the amount of instances where it saved seemed a bit excessive. Maybe it's making a difference.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm

I checked online and a lot of folk are complaining about their game being rendered unplayable since the 2Gb update a few days back... deffo not just me. I hope they patch this soon coz my game is a broken mess.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:08 am

Wait, so Dangun Feveron is coming to PS4? Aces.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:30 am

Terraria, one of my most favourite games of all time in the history of all time in, like, forever, is currently on sale on the Xbox One for the absolute peanuts price of £2.72.

That is astonishing value for money. Astonishing.
Obviously I assume you all already own it and you're not undiscerning barbarians who have continually passed over this superb retro inspired monster of a game over the years. I merely point out this incredible bargain on the offchance there are still one or two mutants out there who have resisted the game's charms by way of their horrible mutantness manifesting as a total lack of taste.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:03 am

The Beans wrote:Terraria, one of my most favourite games of all time in the history of all time in, like, forever, is currently on sale on the Xbox One for the absolute peanuts price of £2.72.

That is astonishing value for money. Astonishing.
Obviously I assume you all already own it and you're not undiscerning barbarians who have continually passed over this superb retro inspired monster of a game over the years. I merely point out this incredible bargain on the offchance there are still one or two mutants out there who have resisted the game's charms by way of their horrible mutantness manifesting as a total lack of taste.
Every time i tried to play it i either found myself getting bored rapidly or just hating life in general. Glad you like it, but it is not the one.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is on sale for the 360 and One. I'd highly recommend it.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is on sale for the 360 and One. I'd highly recommend it.
Seconded. I played the game through recently on the PS4 and loved it, its a nice little title with a decent use of the twin stick control scheme, great story as well.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:56 pm

I picked up a PS4 pro last week, had some time with it and want to post my thoughts.

In a nutshell, it's just another PS4. Everything is as if you are using the vanilla model. Buuuuuuut, when you play uncharted 4 with HDR enabled the difference you see is massive. It takes an already fantastic looking title and somehow manages to turn the quality up to 11, this is also the case with shadow of mordor. I cant be certain but i think destiny runs more smoothly too.The console is also extremely quiet during operation, which is a biggy for me. Plus the interface definitely feels more responsive overall.

The PS4 is already a killer console and for me this is a brilliant refinement. Anyone who is looking to get a 4k display should definitely consider complementing it with a pro. I'm chuffed with it.

Eat your nans pants