The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Is Yakuza 0 a decent place to jump in, or at this point will it be pretty much impenetrable?
0 is actually the perfect place to jump in - its a prequel to the first game so bar a couple of little Easter eggs here and there for long time fans of the series its very easy to understand story wise. Plus the remake of the first game is getting an English release (also on PS4) this summer, so its the perfect way to get new people interested in the series.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Finally managed to save a bit - with a little help from money at Christmas to order a PS4 from Game. In particular this bundle for the games and not the Now TV bit; http://www.game.co.uk/en/ps4-1tb-triple ... ss-1775592. Go online and attempt to put it in the basket and it says temporarily out of stock, go to the online chat and the agent has no idea when it will be back in :? Luckily, I'm in between work at the minute, so I can check daily. Missing the Playstation fix at the minute (aside from the PS2). My PS3 broke just before Christmas; not powering up and was quoted £80 to repair :x

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 am

Well done, you'll love it. Sony have nailed it this gen with the PS4, for me everything feels just right. I always felt like something was missing with the PS3.

Eat your nans pants

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 0-6444449/

For anyone that's interested in such twaddle. PS4 owners please don't start freaking at me - I own and enjoy both machines.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:59 pm

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 pm

crusto wrote:Well done, you'll love it. Sony have nailed it this gen with the PS4, for me everything feels just right. I always felt like something was missing with the PS3.
I will when they have stock :)

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:58 am

gman72 wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 0-6444449/

For anyone that's interested in such twaddle. PS4 owners please don't start freaking at me - I own and enjoy both machines.
That link is a bit out of date. The PS4 outsold the Xbox One in November & December in the US.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRPiSQ1E-8

Guilty Gear Xrd, now with 100% more Baiken.

Now give us Bridget, ArcSys, pretty please.

EDIT: Looks like Maximilian approves, lol. This year is looking amazing for fighting games.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:04 pm

gman72 wrote:I can't recommend Last Guardian enough... it's class.
I'm about 5 hours in and it feels like a real labour of love. The overall feel of this world is wonderful - the relationship between you and Trico is beautiful. However, there are issues... the controls just don't feel tight enough for me and Trico often doesn't respond to what I want him to do. Also, it's very A-B level design with no alternate routes or collecting on offer. My biggest complaint though is the camera... it just feels too zoomed in and often I can't tell what's going on in key moments. Overall, it's a great game that just lacks the polish it needs to be a masterpiece.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:30 pm

batman877 wrote:
gman72 wrote:I can't recommend Last Guardian enough... it's class.
I'm about 5 hours in and it feels like a real labour of love. The overall feel of this world is wonderful - the relationship between you and Trico is beautiful. However, there are issues... the controls just don't feel tight enough for me and Trico often doesn't respond to what I want him to do. Also, it's very A-B level design with no alternate routes or collecting on offer. My biggest complaint though is the camera... it just feels too zoomed in and often I can't tell what's going on in key moments. Overall, it's a great game that just lacks the polish it needs to be a masterpiece.
I've had the odd issue with the camera but for me its been no more than a mid annoyance on a few occasions. Personally I'm finding the level design a plus point, sometimes its nice to not be pulling my hair out trying to work out where to go... although you'd be amazed to learn I've actually gotten lost more than once :lol:
I would agree that Trico can be difficult to control at times - I guess he's quite an unruly big dog/bird. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm sold on Let It Die, game for me feels like it could easily have been sold instead of F2P. I'm still relatively early in, but none of the micro transaction stuff feels necessary, at all. And Uncle Death is a fun character.

Another Overwatch event incoming, very nice skins for D.Va and Mei (finally). Wonder how long Blizzard can keep this kind of pace up though...

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Sel Feena wrote:I'm sold on Let It Die, game for me feels like it could easily have been sold instead of F2P. I'm still relatively early in, but none of the micro transaction stuff feels necessary, at all. And Uncle Death is a fun character.

Another Overwatch event incoming, very nice skins for D.Va and Mei (finally). Wonder how long Blizzard can keep this kind of pace up though...
devs seem to be getting good with content updates now but i guess thats where micro transaction. cash goes, halo 5 has great updates and battle front is ment to get content thats not paid dlc too so i guess it's good buisness to pour resoucres into content
This guy are sick

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Midway Arcade Origins added to Xbox One's backward compatibility list for retroheads who are interested.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 pm

I genuinely have a Rocket League addiction. I get restless if I don't play it every day. I have squeezed in titanfall 2 in between which I love but playing 3v3 RL with friends on mic is just so much damn fun!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:48 pm

sscott wrote:I genuinely have a Rocket League addiction. I get restless if I don't play it every day. I have squeezed in titanfall 2 in between which I love but playing 3v3 RL with friends on mic is just so much damn fun!
same here I'm constantly jumping between the two of them every day!

although on rocket I find 2v2's better overall, 3 & 4's are insane :lol:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816