The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:36 am

Sel Feena wrote:Shame they seem to have gone with Kasumi though, would have been nice to see Rachel with her axe again.
Its a Warriors game. If it doesn't have around 70-100 playable characters I'll be very surprised. I mean, if it counts as a brand new series then I'd maybe expect the character roster to be lower, but if its essentially Warriors Orochi 4 in all but name I don't see why we won't get loads of characters in the game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:48 am

There will be billions of characters then DLC and then (possibly) some sort of complete/hyper/ultimate version with everything in. I'm pretty sure that Rachel will make the cut. She was one of my mains in WO3:U for her brute strength and sheer destructive power! Never used Kasumi myself as I prefer Ayane (same with DOA).

Looks good anyway :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 pm

With all this talk of the PS4 Pro, I'd completely not realised that there is a slim version of the standard console! Not sure if it has been released over here but I had a Playasia newsletter/email that said it was out in Hong Kong right now. I had no idea that it existed :oops:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Exactly how many new PS4s are coming out?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:17 am

Megamixer wrote:With all this talk of the PS4 Pro, I'd completely not realised that there is a slim version of the standard console! Not sure if it has been released over here but I had a Playasia newsletter/email that said it was out in Hong Kong right now. I had no idea that it existed :oops:
You missed the whole saga of someone getting hold of one from Gumtree weeks before it was even announced by Sony.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Joey wrote:
Megamixer wrote:With all this talk of the PS4 Pro, I'd completely not realised that there is a slim version of the standard console! Not sure if it has been released over here but I had a Playasia newsletter/email that said it was out in Hong Kong right now. I had no idea that it existed :oops:
You missed the whole saga of someone getting hold of one from Gumtree weeks before it was even announced by Sony.
Er...what? :shock:

I always prefer pre-facelift models of machines and the PS4 is no exception but the Slim looks alright to be fair.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Sega has finally shown off more combat in Yakuza 6, which might actually see a release over here in 2018...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yapLnAblo

There's a 17 minute demo showing off various additions to the game on Youtube. Most of the improvements are playing catch up with western open world games like GTA etc. but I've always favored Yakuza's atmosphere and combat (which looks better than ever in the above video). Fluidly going in and out of combat now (and being able to take the fight inside stores on a whim) is a cool addition, especially with the destruction you can cause to shops. Can't wait to get my import copy in December.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:33 pm

The Games With Gold parade of dreck continues on the Xbox One with october's games being Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings and The Escapists.
The 360 freebies are MX vs ATV Reflex and I Am Alive.

I've no interest in any of them so they won't be troubling my hard drive but I can confidently say they can't possibly be as bad as Earthlock: Festival Of Magic.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 am

That Battle Garegga CE looks really nice, deffo going to snap that up.

Looks like fine folks behind Oneechanbara are essentially making High School of the Dead. Depending on how janky the gunplay turns out to be, it could be worth a punt.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:36 pm

One for Xbox One owners, I thoroughly recommend Livelock if you love top down shooters, absolutely terrific game - http://www.gamespew.com/2016/09/livelock-review/

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I preordered as ps4 pro yesterday. Can't wait :D

Eat your nans pants

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:51 am

crusto wrote:I preordered as ps4 pro yesterday. Can't wait :D
Barsteward :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:00 pm

If anyone is after a decent (difficult) action/platformer on the PS4 should give Slain a look. Its reminiscent of the early Casltevania games before SOTN (or, more recently Volgar the Viking) - basically a mix of platforming and tough enemy encounters, with a big boss fight waiting at the end of each level. Its pretty tricky to get to grips with in the beginning, but if you master the combat/countering system its really rewarding. Its definitely one of my favourite titles of the year, it also has some wonderful sprites/backgrounds - really nicely drawn and animated. Its due out on Xbox One in a couple of weeks, and there is a Vita port in the works which I am really hoping turns out to be great.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:50 am

Voodoo Vince is getting a remaster release on Xbox One.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Currently playing through the Cod 4: Modern Warfare Remaster campaign and I'm super impressed with the amount of care and attention that's been put into it.