Which game have you put the most hours into?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

snesfanboy

Re: Which game have you put the most hours into?

Post by snesfanboy » Wed May 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Championship Manager 2 and 4

Fallout 3 / Oblivion / Morrowind

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

the first Diablo

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:The Championship/Football Manager games (SI Games)

First started playing on the Amiga back in 93, currently playing FM2013 on the PC, that's a 20 year addiction, and addiction is exactly what it is!!!

The digital version of crack, it's no surprise it has been cited in divorce cases. Most of the people I know who play, including a few from here, usually end up removing the game from their PC as it's the only way to stop playing!

A brilliant but dangerous game.
100% agree with and share in all you just said.

(The last purchased version of Football Manager I own got deleted from my Steam account for precisely that reason too! :lol: )
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

llj

Post by llj » Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Probably some NBA game (the real ones, not Jam) I've played through several seasons in some of them. 82 games, plus the playoffs. Takes about 50 minutes to one hour each game. Extrapolate 1 hour x 82 games for 4-5 seasons, including playoffs...and you get a crazy bunch of hours.

Of course, these are played gradually by me over several years, not all in a month.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed May 01, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm on 298 hours and counting on Civ V, which I think is the most time I've put into a single game.

Roo

Post by Roo » Wed May 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Add me to the list of people who spent an obscene amount of time with Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. That was a ritual almost everyday after school - walk home, play AC for a couple of hours, do homework, more AC.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Roo wrote:Add me to the list of people who spent an obscene amount of time with Animal Crossing on the Gamecube.
List of people? One person plus someone's wife, you mean!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

SonicTheHedgehog

Post by SonicTheHedgehog » Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Space_turnip wrote:Image

That's on one save file, now in 2041, possibly the most epic Football manager game I've ever played (and still going).
Dude I have put in AT LEAST 3 times as many hours on the same game and the amazing thing is we are in the same year in the game!!!

And that's also just one save file and by far the most epic gaming achievement of mine. I have taken Cwmbran Town with a starting reputation of i think 800 and turned them into the best team in the game. I have won the Premier League 10 years in a row and have won multiple SEPTUPLES! (Community Shield, Super Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, Prem League, FA Cup, Champions League)

It's definitely the game that has taken the most of my time and although im still going i am waiting until i get a much better PC/Laptop before continuing properly as it's starting to take way to long to load. Or longer than it already was taking in the first place anyway.

Civilization III would be my next most played game ever with probably Disgaea 1 or 2 in 3rd and 4th
The square is a great shape, and one that is criminally underused in modern game design. In the push to ever more granular, chaotic environments, games have lost sight of the simple pleasures of right angles and straight lines.

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Over 200 days played on WoW. Yes, that's days, not hours! I don't have an active subscription so I can't check the exact number.

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Looking back, even with hours and hours into Lemmings, Shenmue, Settlers and loads of others, it has to come down to Mario Kart DS! looking at my stats, nearly 6,000 multiplayer races (let alone single player!) must take the crown for my most played game ever! Shame the 3DS version has too many flaws as it gathers dust in my drawer.

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I imagine it would probably be Champ Man 4 back in the day, dread to think how many hours I put into that.

I imagine not nearly as much as some of these posts though. :shock:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Wed May 01, 2013 9:22 pm

SonicTheHedgehog wrote:
Space_turnip wrote:Image

That's on one save file, now in 2041, possibly the most epic Football manager game I've ever played (and still going).
Dude I have put in AT LEAST 3 times as many hours on the same game and the amazing thing is we are in the same year in the game!!!

And that's also just one save file and by far the most epic gaming achievement of mine. I have taken Cwmbran Town with a starting reputation of i think 800 and turned them into the best team in the game. I have won the Premier League 10 years in a row and have won multiple SEPTUPLES! (Community Shield, Super Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, Prem League, FA Cup, Champions League)
I take my hat off to you, that's a seriously epic length of time to be playing one game save! I'm glad someone else is having epic games on FM09 :D
The only problem is, I can barely play any recent FM because i'm too used to playing 09.

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Wed May 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Either Resident Evil 2 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Bad Company 2 I've reached about 300 hours, only spent online. I was pretty decent at it actually.
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

SonicTheHedgehog

Post by SonicTheHedgehog » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Space_turnip wrote:I take my hat off to you, that's a seriously epic length of time to be playing one game save! I'm glad someone else is having epic games on FM09 :D
The only problem is, I can barely play any recent FM because i'm too used to playing 09.
Yeah i know what you mean. I would love to be able to continue my save on FM 2013 with the improved 3d match engine but obviously it doesn't work and it's also the reason i havn't moved onto the newer ones.
The square is a great shape, and one that is criminally underused in modern game design. In the push to ever more granular, chaotic environments, games have lost sight of the simple pleasures of right angles and straight lines.

8bitwarrior

Post by 8bitwarrior » Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 am

At a guess these games:

Quake (Team Fortress mod, still playing it!)

and then these Amiga games:

Colonization
Sensible Soccer
Dune II
Settlers

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu May 02, 2013 2:37 am

Probably between Phantasy Star Online and Morrowind. But also:

Around 160 hours in total on Final Fantasy 7.
Maybe 100 hours for Ocarina of Time since i must have played it from start to finish around 6 or 7 times and 100% it on a few of those runs.
120 hours on Tales of Graces F, and that was barely scratching the surface when it came to end game content.
For PSO over 220 hours for my main character and 20 or so for a Force i was training. That's just for the single player :shock: We never had an internet connection when the servers were up and running.
Morrowind has to be something obscene. I played the xbox version obsessively when i was in school and i've made so many characters over the years. I play it at least once a year. Has to be upwards of 200 hours in total.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!