Which game have you put the most hours into?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RUOK

Which game have you put the most hours into?

Post by RUOK » Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 am

I've had a steam account since it's inception (remember the updates that took days to download?) and I was looking over my collection this morning and at some of the counters on how long I have played games...

I hadn't realised I had played Command and Conquer 3 KW this much!!

Which game have you played longest in your life time? I've probably put the same into Counter Strike and I recently put about 96 hours in Fallout New Vegas.

I'm sure there are some RPG fans out there with far larger counts than this (especially the WoW nerds :P)

silvergunner

Re: Which game have you put the most hours into?

Post by silvergunner » Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 am

200 odd hours on fallout 3. Never been a big RPG player as I cannot stand jap RPG's with all the grinding. So fallout is the most I have spent on a game, as I normally complete something once then move on with there being so much i want to play so I never build up massive hours on a game. Fallout did suck some hours out of me though. Just got to start new vegas at some point now.

piginapoke

Post by piginapoke » Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 am

Bloody Candy bloody Crush bloody Saga on my phone!

Not playing it now. I've got to level 65 but i spent weeks trying to get through it. I've given up as i know it only gets harder.
"An intruder has penetrated our forcefield"

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 am

Winning Eleven 6 FE. It's been my footy game of choice for roughly ten years, I dread to think how many master league seasons I must have played on it, I reckon probably somewhere around 200!
Last edited by pratty on Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed May 01, 2013 8:30 am

Tough one to answer. Well over 100 hours of Final Fantasy 6-7-8-9-10 and 12. Also Chrono Cross, Grandia, SotN and Suikoden games spring to mind.

Non rpg's are often harder to measure but SF2 Turbo, NFS Underground, Shutokou Battle 2, Ridge Racer V, Capcom vs SNK, Rez, Wipeout 2097 and various others are games I have played a crazy amount.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 am

Oh and certainly all the Winning Eleven games from 4-10.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 am

Neverwinter Nights. Nearly ruined my masters dissertation and certainly played a part in ruining a brief relationship. Played it until I ran out of decent modules to download!
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 am

I would imagine it would be Sim City 2000, spent countless hours tinkering with that, never went onto the sequels in any depth though, I think Elite on the Spectrum must be up there as well, played that from 1985 well into the new decade and sporadically since.

thebear

Post by thebear » Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am

Morrowind

would like to be able to say same for Oblivion and Skyrim but have had a son in the gap between!!

probably Final Fantasy 7

and definately Panzer General as I have iton my work pc
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

ootini

Post by ootini » Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 am

silvergunner wrote:200 odd hours on fallout 3. Never been a big RPG player as I cannot stand jap RPG's with all the grinding. So fallout is the most I have spent on a game, as I normally complete something once then move on with there being so much i want to play so I never build up massive hours on a game. Fallout did suck some hours out of me though. Just got to start new vegas at some point now.

I'd probably be the same. Clocked up some ridiculous amount of time on Fallout 3 - Between Multiple play throughs and all the DLC I'd be scared to know exactly how much time I've actually put into it… Same for New Vegas which I'm currently on/off playing through again at the moment. There is something intensely satisfying about them both. Between Exploration, Looting, Humor and shooting the crap out of stuff (espeically in VATS slow motion) both are fantastic fun, despite some weird glitches that occur quite a bit.

Dark Souls would probably be running close second though from multiple play through. Only because Dark Souls sometimes requires a cooling off period after several failed attempts at a Boss battle or similar.

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 am

It's close, between the Tony Hawk games and Rock Band.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am

Fallout 3. I think it took me 220 hours to finish everything. An excellent game, but also the buggiest game I've ever played. Another if their games was so buggy that I couldn't actually play it (Morrowind).
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 am

Probably all the Skate games, all the Tony Hawk games, Streetfighter 2 and Mario Kart for me.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed May 01, 2013 10:42 am

Animal Crossing (GameCube & DS versions). And now that Animal Crossing is coming out on the 3DS next month, the addiction starts again. :lol:

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 am

Morkin wrote:Animal Crossing (GameCube & DS versions). And now that Animal Crossing is coming out on the 3DS next month, the addiction starts again. :lol:
Animal Crossing is the most played game on our Wii by a ridiculous margin (something over 400 hours) but that's mostly my wife. Anyway, I've got about six weeks to finish off Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem before the 3DS gets kidnapped and I never see it again.

In terms of classic games, I've sunk more hours into Lords of Midnight, Vulcan, Carrier Command and UFO than I'd care to think about, but luckily the software isn't around to track how many.