Too many games to play!!!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Too many games to play!!!!

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Do anybody else ever sit down for a bit of gaming but cannot decided what to play and where to start as you have too many games around? I have tons of digital content on the PC that I have picked up on the cheap, new Xbox 360 games, lovely PS1 stuff, etc....I just cannot decided where to start :?

The Laird

Re: Too many games to play!!!!

Post by The Laird » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Most of the time to be honest!

Especially just lately as I have been picking up cheap Wii games, still have about 10 I havn't played!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:40 pm

The Laird wrote:Most of the time to be honest!

Especially just lately as I have been picking up cheap Wii games, still have about 10 I havn't played!
ahhh, dont talk about the Wii!! Still got Monster Hunter 3 and a few others to break open :lol: .... think I might press on with Mass Effect 3.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 pm

far too many
ps plus is not helping i have 57 games on ps3 alone
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Totally with you. I've accumulated a stack of 360 & 3DS games...and it's time to start playing a few, not adding to the stack. It gets a bit silly, but you'll be out n about, see another great game, buy it and add it to the pile, the pile you still don't have enough time to get into.
It's all about time management. I don't have any :lol:

James A

Post by James A » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Same problems here. I've been better not buying stuff the last few week after the game glut in March & April. I recently finished Bioshock Infinite & GOW Judgement and have now started working through some of the XBLA live games I've downloaded and never played plus finishing over several half completed games. Still got masses of stuff to get through which if the next gens are online only means I've got plenty to play when I boycott them

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Steams a nightmare for that. I still have games from the last silly sale that haven't even been downloaded yet. I'm pretty good with the 360 and PS3 stuff, but the PC games are just so cheap. Add downloaded from GoG and it's a very long list of very playbale games that I simply don't have time for!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm

I wouldn't even want to imagine the combined number of digital and physical games i have unplayed. I am making headway on my Wii stack fortunately.
The bad thing is i have an awful lot of RPG's that i haven't touched and each one promises a 40+hour experience. I reckon i'd have enough RPG's alone to take me up to the end of the year and probably beyond :S
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Same here I keep buy 25p Gamecube, PS1 and X Box games in Gamestation along with £3 Wii games.. And then thinking I got to many games and I should get rid off a few to force me into playing some of the other games.. On top off stuff like Ni Ni Kuni to finish which Toxie informs me is 80 hours plus
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 pm

I've a huge stack of games from as far back as the 90s that I've barely even looked at, many have never even been booted. Literally several hundred games of backlog covering PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, DS, GC, Wii, X-Box, 360, Dreamcast, Vectrex,SNES, MD...

I think I've played most of my 8 bit games to a reasonable degree though.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

doc_eggfan

Post by doc_eggfan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes. I've referred to my stack of shame as my "retirement plan"

I started heavily collecting Dremcast games a while back and kept picking them up for cheap. I then realised if I was going to give each at least one month of my time (4 weekends), that would constitute the next 30 years of entertainment. And some games would take much more than a month to get the most out of them (SFIII Third Strike and Ikaruga to name just two).

Suffice to say, I never really invested in the next couple of generations, I figured I had enough.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Popped out for a while this morning and added two more to the stack :lol: I need help!

That's it though for a while, and some old stuff is getting sold to compensate!

Misery

Post by Misery » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 pm

yeah, definitely got this problem.

My funds don't really run out, I have nothing but free time, AND I'm a total impulse buyer. This leads to who knows how many games that I very randomly bought and forgot about. That I'm into PC gaming instead of console gaming these days doesn't help.... Steam has this amazing ability to dramatically increase any game's "ooh, shiny" quality.

At least the lack of console interest means I don have any useless discs or cases taking up space as a result.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:

ahhh, dont talk about the Wii!! Still got Monster Hunter 3 and a few others to break open
Oh don't worry, it's only about 200 hours long. :lol:

I don't buy games that often, and only buy games I want and intend to play, not for collection or just because they're cheap, and even then I still have a big backlog. I don't understand people who own dozens of new and retro consoles that complain that new consoles like the Wii-U, 3DS and Vita don't have enough games and that they've "got nothing to play".
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Misery

Post by Misery » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:12 am

pratty wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:

ahhh, dont talk about the Wii!! Still got Monster Hunter 3 and a few others to break open
Oh don't worry, it's only about 200 hours long. :lol:

I don't buy games that often, and only buy games I want and intend to play, not for collection or just because they're cheap, and even then I still have a big backlog. I don't understand people who own dozens of new and retro consoles that complain that new consoles like the Wii-U, 3DS and Vita don't have enough games and that they've "got nothing to play".

Generally it means that there's not enough on the console to suit their tastes. I can say that about the Wii U myself.... I'm a big fan of Monster Hunter, but buying an entire console for ONE game seems bloody stupid to me, regardless of cost. The thing obviously has a selection beyond that one game, but there isn't even a single other game on the thing that I would want.