Commodore 64 Bundle

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lindopski

Commodore 64 Bundle

Post by Lindopski » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:51 am

Hi folks I have had a nose around to see If i can discover what bundle we actually got back in the 80's when we got our first c64.

I havent found it yet is there a web site that lists them at all

the games we got with our tape based c64 were.
Designers pencil , adrian mole , world cup carnival

now we also had gng and frank brunos boxing but we bought them later on i seem to recall.

just interested really.
Retro when it wasnt cool

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:05 am

Sounds like something the shop put together, don't ever recall a bundle including those games.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

smila

Post by smila » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:19 am

there was the terminator 2 pack with the snazzy box
god created the sid chip so hubbard could make music

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 am

Was Designer's Pencil the drawing one where you could imput simple commands then run them as a program?

My bundle had that and Adrian Mole, plus a music program with a plastic keyboard thing that you placed over top of the keyboard.

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:21 am

The Penultimate Ninja wrote:Was Designer's Pencil the drawing one where you could imput simple commands then run them as a program?

My bundle had that and Adrian Mole, plus a music program with a plastic keyboard thing that you placed over top of the keyboard.
That would be Music Maker, probably...

Got mine from a mail-order catalogue, came with 3D Time Trek and Arcadia 64 (two top notch games.... NOT!) and a Datasette.

Did buy a couple of Night Moves/Mindbenders packs in the early 90's as replacement systems.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm

merman wrote:
The Penultimate Ninja wrote:Was Designer's Pencil the drawing one where you could imput simple commands then run them as a program?

Got mine from a mail-order catalogue, came with 3D Time Trek and Arcadia 64 (two top notch games.... NOT!) and a Datasette.

Did buy a couple of Night Moves/Mindbenders packs in the early 90's as replacement systems.

got mine 2nd hand,so don't know

BTW did any ccome without a datasette?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Our bundle was an Australia-only package which had a pic of talkback radio broadcaster John Laws on the box (presumably so parents would take it a bit more seriously). It came with Wizard of Wor, Visible Solar System, Magic Desk, International Soccer and one other I think. Wizard of Wor kept me entertained the whole Summer. :D
真・豪鬼

Mayhem

Re:

Post by Mayhem » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Shin_Gouki wrote:Our bundle was an Australia-only package which had a pic of talkback radio broadcaster John Laws on the box (presumably so parents would take it a bit more seriously). It came with Wizard of Wor, Visible Solar System, Magic Desk, International Soccer and one other I think. Wizard of Wor kept me entertained the whole Summer. :D
White cardboard box with the words "Commodore Game Cartridges" on the top, right?

(I've got one here in my collection, there's VERY little C64 cart wise I don't own heh)

The missing cart would be the "oh so important to a kid at the time" Financial Advisor ;)

And yes, WoW was probably the best thing Commodore put out (alongside Satan's Hollow).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:50 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
merman wrote:

got mine 2nd hand,so don't know

BTW did any ccome without a datasette?

Well the Terminator 2 pack didn't have a datasette, just a cartridge (Terminator 2 and two utilities), Annihilator joystick and a promo copy of Commodore Format...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:33 pm

I am sure my C64 didn't come with a C2N tape deck! If memory serves me right, it was one of the origional releases and the C2N tape deck was sold separately. Or maybe I am wrong and should go to bed as its late :roll:

Shin_Gouki

Re:

Post by Shin_Gouki » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:33 am

Mayhem wrote:
Shin_Gouki wrote:Our bundle was an Australia-only package which had a pic of talkback radio broadcaster John Laws on the box (presumably so parents would take it a bit more seriously). It came with Wizard of Wor, Visible Solar System, Magic Desk, International Soccer and one other I think. Wizard of Wor kept me entertained the whole Summer. :D
White cardboard box with the words "Commodore Game Cartridges" on the top, right?

(I've got one here in my collection, there's VERY little C64 cart wise I don't own heh)

The missing cart would be the "oh so important to a kid at the time" Financial Advisor ;)

And yes, WoW was probably the best thing Commodore put out (alongside Satan's Hollow).
That's the one! No wonder I couldn't remember the name of it!
真・豪鬼

lavalyte

Re:

Post by lavalyte » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:22 am

White cardboard box with the words \"Commodore Game Cartridges\" on the top, right?

The missing cart would be the \"oh so important to a kid at the time\" Financial Advisor ;)

So *that*'s what that is. I picked up the boxed set a couple years ago, but I thought it was some special set of carts for distributors or reviewers or something.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

OriginalJax

Post by OriginalJax » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Not sure what my pack was called, but it came with the C64, C2N, and International Soccer and Simon's Basic on cartridge.

(I think Simon's Basic was written by some 14-15 year old kid called Simon - smart-a$$) :)

O-Jax
WTF!? The 80's are GONE!? And they're never coming BACK!?

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I was a latecomer....I got a cart with International Soccer, Flimbo's Quest, a circus sim (it's mentioned in the current RG but I can't remember the name offhand) and maybe something else? :oops:

Dark Reaper

Re:

Post by Dark Reaper » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 pm

djcarlos wrote:I was a latecomer....I got a cart with International Soccer, Flimbo's Quest, a circus sim (it's mentioned in the current RG but I can't remember the name offhand) and maybe something else? :oops:
The circus sim is Fiendish Freddy's Big Top o' Fun. Was the other one a puzzle game?

I got the Mindbenders/Nightmoves pack when I got my C64 (see here for a picture). The games weren't bad but Sly Spy: Secret Agent had possibly the worst multi-load ever and Midnight Resistance was actually shorter than the version released for sale seperately.

That isn't my auction by the way. I am considering buying it though so no-one else better jump in there first! :D