new UK based retro gaming show- RGB TV PILOT

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

retrogamingmuseum

new UK based retro gaming show- RGB TV PILOT

Post by retrogamingmuseum » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey all

Me and Tom from Retro Game Base have just finished a pilot for a new UK based Retro Gaming show (RGB TV), would love any feedback from you Retro Gamer people, any advice on what we can improve, what we could cover and of course its always nice to hear what we did well! We'd like this to eventually be up there with the big guns - AVGN, CGR etc - and we have a good team on it, but we have just started out so first things first we need to get good and get a fanbase!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBFD7bv ... e=youtu.be

Many thanks
London's only dedicated Retro Gaming shop - Retro Game Base 430 Streatham High Rd, SW16 3PX http://www.retrogamebase.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/retrogamebase

Antiriad2097

Re: new UK based retro gaming show- RGB TV PILOT

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Will it be on iTunes? YouTube is a place I miss so many shows on since its tied to the PC, but subscribing and downloading in iTunes means I have them all on my phone to watch on the bus offline.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 pm

just watched it all and its really good well done peeps, i've did media/film at uni yonks ago, made a few things and i know what work goes into making these, it has a professional look to it, not just your average youtube channel. Have you thought about pitching it to some channels, sure there could be a home for it on tv if it stays in the 10/15 min range tops (there is not enough retro gaming on tv). Also, what camera and edit suite did you use?

Be good to get interviews in there in future episodes from some of the classic developers, features on revival and playexpo could be great too, make it interactive so we get to choose what you review from a list on your facebook.youtube channel etc.

Its got a good firendly vibe to it too, not forced or trying to be cool just natural and just right in my opinion. Nat is a natural presenter too, very clearly spoken, eyes always into the camera too, have you done any presenting before?

What i think would look great for a one off tester is if you film it in the same way Nigella has her cookery shows filmed, with a soft focus on and have a very shallow depth of field and floaty look too :-)

keep it up and i shall be watching more when they are made :D

8bitwarrior

Post by 8bitwarrior » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Now this is why I joined this forum, real retro stuff! Excellent work, really :!: I'll be keeping an eye out for future episodes.

I must visit this shop at some point too 8)

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 pm

I've subscribed and can definitely see the potential. I've also visited the shop and bought Flashback, which I'm playing now. I do like the mix of fact and also entertainment you guys mixed and it does keep you watching and waiting for more.
The three-way review is very interesting, and you do get to hear the different opinions on the game.
Overall, good job and keep going :)
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am

I really enjoyed the show, it kind of reminded me of Gamepad - Nat is your Violet Berlin :P

retrogamingmuseum

Post by retrogamingmuseum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback, some really useful bits there. I have no idea about whether it will be on itunes, I will look into it! Nat has indeed got plenty of experience presenting while Tom and I are total noobs, so lots to learn! Mainvein - I will get back to you re: the editing suite, yes some interactivity is certainly something we are very keen on and some other great ideas there so thanks for that! We may well look at pitching it in the future, for now we need to get up to a respectable number of views on the pilot and then we will go about planning the next one!!
London's only dedicated Retro Gaming shop - Retro Game Base 430 Streatham High Rd, SW16 3PX http://www.retrogamebase.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/retrogamebase

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Please don't stretch your game footage to widescreen, keep the proper aspect ratio.

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 pm

+1 Subscriber! I really enjoyed that, thanks! I can tell lots of effort went into making it, making it very swish without being too proffesional and clinical - I like it. Tom's Tips is a cool idea, and the mixture of features keeps it buzzing along at a nice pace. It will be interesting to see this develop as you guys get more comfortable with presenting, you seem like a great bunch of personalities, so it would be good to see more of that.

Man, I would love a retrogaming shop by me. :o
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

handbakedarcade

Post by handbakedarcade » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! If you enjoy what you have watched please help us by sharing it where you can...

:D
Hand Baked Arcade [new website]
Retro Game Base [shop]