XBLA Obselete email and forgotten password.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Coopdevil

XBLA Obselete email and forgotten password.

Post by Coopdevil » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:49 pm

In short...

Account on 360 is tied to a yahoo email address that expired years ago and I've only just noticed this. The password apparently isn't the one I thought it was. Attempts to recover the password fail because the xbox.com support webpage insists on either sending the password change email to the old email address, or giving me a security question that I would swear I have never entered an answer for and can't seem to blind guess my way through.

It's still logging into Xbla live with the saved info, but is there anything I can do to get around this? Otherwise the machine is going down the tip as it can only be a matter of time before I need to use the password and I'm assuming that all the XBLA games I have bought will be lost.

Coop

Antiriad2097

Re: XBLA Obselete email and forgotten password.

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 pm

If the Yahoo address has expired, can you not just rebuild it to receive the password reset email, then update the address in XBL to something new.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Coopdevil

Re: XBLA Obselete email and forgotten password.

Post by Coopdevil » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 am

One of the XBLA agents suggested that to me in a chat session but it looks like somebody jumped in my grave and signed up a new account under the name - I seem to recall trying to log into it a while back and discovering that the password was wrong as opposed to the name simply being expired.

It still logs in to XBLA with the saved password so I've decided to spend no more money on XBLA games and just use the machine offline in future. I was getting fed up with the way that each forced update made the thing more and more like a crippled PC and less and less like an "switch it on and it works" console anyway.