What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:20 pm

ShadowMan wrote:let me know how this one stacks up compared the first 2, I'm a huge fan of them and haven't got round to starting the 3rd yet and would love to hear other peoples opinions of it.
I am enjoying this game, the only bad thing I have to say about it at the moment is the loading time sucks!!! It reminds me of an UMD on the PSP, which I think is really slow.......

But that's only a little thing and it is not as bad as a Spectrum loading time :)
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:34 pm

just started playing CALL OF DUTY 3 again on hard.

a much better challenge than on medium.
mind you, i love first person WWII games.
really fancy playing the first Medal Of Honor on PS1 now.........
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Heavy Stylus

Post by Heavy Stylus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 am

I've been playing Redrunner on the C64 - Aleksi Eeben's latest game. http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=53708

Worth the download just for the sampled speech and awesome soundtrack :) Jeff Minter would be impressed.
http://www.rgcd.co.uk
8-128 Bit & beyond: Indie game development news for vintage & modern computer hardware.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:35 am

Wildnites wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:let me know how this one stacks up compared the first 2, I'm a huge fan of them and haven't got round to starting the 3rd yet and would love to hear other peoples opinions of it.
I am enjoying this game, the only bad thing I have to say about it at the moment is the loading time sucks!!! It reminds me of an UMD on the PSP, which I think is really slow.......

But that's only a little thing and it is not as bad as a Spectrum loading time :)
Ah yes, I remember the loading times when I tested my copy out. Quite annoying as I didn't know what to do and had to endure some lengthy loading while trying to solve my problem.
Still it has George in it, and I'd play Broken Sword no matter what as long as George was in it.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

MC1

Post by MC1 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:05 am

Finally started on Bioshock last night.

Beutiful looking game very atmospheric.

Oh and a joy to play.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Guitar Hero 1 (I started with 2 then 80s) arrived today.
Buzz: The Big Quiz also turned up.

Be giving both of those a whirl shortly.

Also got impatient waiting for my microSD card delivery from HK, so went out and bought one from the high street today so will be tinkering with DS emulators. Can't wait to see the Speccy implementation - touch screen keyboard + Zenobi games = heaven.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:02 pm

I've been played Team Fortress 2. It's only taken a few years to reach us. As an old TFC player I find it really odd not having grenades as such and it seems a bit slower but the graphics are lovely and it's fun.

Other than that Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine had me hooked badly.

Forgot to mention: Final Fantasy V. I had to start a new game since it's been literally ages since I last played it and I forgot the story :oops:

dark_thunder

Post by dark_thunder » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Currently playing Half- Life on PS2, been trying to get past the "Gorach's Lair" chapter for more than 1 week, and getting seriously pissed of at the game!!!

Tried using a cheat code for unlimited ammo, and still couldn't get the b*st*rd down, I've followed it down the pit and it keeps on running on the vines. Is the PS2 version bugged?, or what am I doing wrong?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:56 pm

Just had my first go on FIFA 08's new Be A Pro game mode. It is absolutely stunning. Pick one player and control them throughout the match. Call for pass, make runs, takles, crosses etc.
Absolutely outstanding. Well done EA.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:08 pm

If you like that sort of thing SirClive then have a try of New Star Soccer. It's not as polished as FIFA obviously but it's a pretty fun game.

http://www.newstargames.com/

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Have tried that in the past and didn't like it. The FIFA one is 3rd person, so it almost feels like you are there.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Libero Grande and Club Football have done something similar.

bolda

Post by bolda » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Virtua Tennis 2 on the Dreamcast... my bird has now commandeered the Dreamcast so she can level up her player's stats! :roll:
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

merman

Post by merman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Sureshot wrote:Libero Grande and Club Football have done something similar.
If you want retro, check out I Play 3D Soccer on C64 and Amiga, did that years before Libero Grande...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

will2097

Post by will2097 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:31 pm

Power Kingdoms on the 3DO. It's actually very good. I've made it to the fight in the whales stomach towards the very end of the game. I just wish there was a bit more of a story.