What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GigaPepsiMan

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 am

Just completed Fahrenheit.
Now that I have beat the game and have 100% of bonus items I feel empty, there is nothing left to do.

james82

Post by james82 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:36 am

super mario world 2 :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon May 03, 2010 11:00 am

More Punchout!! for the Wii. The challenge mode is fantastic, it takes the fights to new levels. I can't believe its taken me this long to buy the game, its easily one of the best games I've played for the Wii.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon May 03, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah Punchout Wii is a marvellous update, good looking too.

Been playing a little bit of Forza 3. I'm Driver lvl 47 and part way through Season 6. Getting there now, a good game but some of the races are too stretched out, the super lap days season with class E cars is painful to play to be perfectly honest. I don't remember Forza 2 ever getting boring in this way...

I'm still going through N64 games, I did play a very interesting Beta called Robotech: Crystal Dreams. Wish that had of come out! Very Wing Commander-like, could of been a very good game from what I played. Now gonna sit down and have a play of Rocket Robot on Wheels and Ruch 2047 and see what they're like.

Rapidmollusc

Post by Rapidmollusc » Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Just completed Fahrenheit.
Now that I have beat the game and have 100% of bonus items I feel empty, there is nothing left to do.
that's next up for me once i've finished this last level on Transformers...how long did it take?

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon May 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Rapidmollusc wrote:
that's next up for me once i've finished this last level on Transformers...how long did it take?
I got it yesterday so not long.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Played on my Jamma cab with the missus today (put in a load of 20p pieces - freeplay on these things?) and we got to level 3 on Captain Commando - great game! :)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Sscott, I think I'm right when I say you should be able to enter a diagnostics menu where you can select freeplay, maybe a button combination when you turn it on, or has it's own switch maybe? I know it can be done but on actual arcade hardware I'm not sure how you go about doing it heh.

Currently playing:

Elite Beat Agents on the DS. Not my usual type of game but there's definitely something good about it. Fun game.

Resident Evil 2 on N64, what a game! and one hell of a technical achievement. 8)

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm

C=Style wrote:Sscott, I think I'm right when I say you should be able to enter a diagnostics menu where you can select freeplay, maybe a button combination when you turn it on, or has it's own switch maybe? I know it can be done but on actual arcade hardware I'm not sure how you go about doing it heh.
will look into that then. Thinking of getting one of thopse 'Blue Elf' carts so I can play hundreds of games - maybe next pay day.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Or you could keep the coin box open.

Myself
Been playing a few SNK games via NeoRage mostly Garou with the volume turned up to 11

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

sscott wrote:
C=Style wrote:Sscott, I think I'm right when I say you should be able to enter a diagnostics menu where you can select freeplay, maybe a button combination when you turn it on, or has it's own switch maybe? I know it can be done but on actual arcade hardware I'm not sure how you go about doing it heh.
will look into that then. Thinking of getting one of thopse 'Blue Elf' carts so I can play hundreds of games - maybe next pay day.
This should be what you need:

http://www.solvalou.com/subpage/arcade_dips/C/captcomm

Though it depends what region board you have, the other two are on the list on that site so no worries.

Rapidmollusc

Post by Rapidmollusc » Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
Rapidmollusc wrote:
I got it yesterday so not long.
excellent...want to be whipping through things to clear my backlog (that will never happen!)

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 am

Bomberman 2 on NES. Fun game.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue May 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Deus Ex on Xbox
Last Blade 2 on NeoGeo

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Assassin's Creed 2 still, 2 achievements to go, then the extra assassination missions and treasure collecting (thankfully you can buy in-game treasure maps that show all the locations) for 100% game completion, that bloody feather collecting got annoying/boring really quickly and to top it all I bloody missed one, so I had to start from the begining of the collection... luckily it was one of the first 15 or so

The throw sand in 4 guards faces achievement is really giving me a headache, because you have to charge the move up, wait for them to come within range then let em have it, but by the time the move is charged up the guards are lamping seven colours out of you :evil: , I think I've got it figured out now, I'm gonna try throwing a smoke bomb into a group of guards and charge the move up while they're disorientated :twisted:

I can't remember the last game I've spent so much time on and actually wanting to get 100% completion, well apart from Vice City :D