What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 am

Resident Evil - GameCube - Been playing this on and off for months with the gf and we spent bank holiday Monday making huge progress.

Jetpac Refuelled - XBLA - Trying to reach level 10 without losing a life for the achievement. Bloody level 8 gets me every time.

Ouendan 2 - DS - Unfortunately, the soundtrack isn't as charming as that of the first. Still a great game, but doesn't surpass the original.

Daigasso Band Brothers - DS - more lovely rhythm action. Shame it sounds all MIDIfied though.

Pipe Dream - SNES - played this to near completion. Again with the gf.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed May 30, 2007 11:53 am

Driver 2 on PSP - enjoying hammering it round Cuba at the mo.

&

Nightmare creatures on PSP - I thought this was the nuts back in the day, pretty sh*tty now though
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:Driver 2 on PSP - enjoying hammering it round Cuba at the mo.
You should have a look at Driver '76.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

K-J N.

Post by K-J N. » Wed May 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Puzzle Series Vol.12: Akari (DS) - They really should release som of the games in this series (such as this one, Slitherlink, Illust-Logic, etc) in the west.
Pokemon Diamond (DS)
Etrian Odyssey (DS) - Awesome Wizardry / Bard's Tale style RPG (you have to draw your own maps graph paper style using the stylus), great FM-based soundtrack as well.

Waiting for my copy of Odin Sphere (PS2) to arrive.

quangdx

Post by quangdx » Wed May 30, 2007 4:33 pm

spending an awful lot of time playing Desktop Tower Defence
http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

i think i may be addicted.
http://aso.bi
the science of play

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed May 30, 2007 5:09 pm

I am playing UEFA Champuons League 06/07 on the 360. It's fairly standard FIFA fare except they have included a silly little card game where you buy footy stickers and create a team from the players you get. Win matches with the team and get more points to buy more stickers (in the simplest of nutshells). It's bloody too addictive and I spend more time with the stickers and the team tinkering than actually playing the matches. I love it and hate it at the same time.

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Wed May 30, 2007 5:32 pm

felgekarp wrote:
The Penultimate Ninja wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Just managed to survive for slightly over 8 minutes on Heavy Weapons survival mode, I thought the main game itself was hard but that was just getting stupid.
I'm stuck on level 9 of the mission mode at the moment. My first go on survival online we lasted just over 10 minutes, I've not gotten anywhere near that since.
How many of you where playing on line and did it still unlock the 8 minute achievement as I feel multiplayer may be the way to go for the 12 minute one? I couldn't believe the amount of stuff it was throwing at me as it got round the 7 minute mark :D Level 9 took me a while to crack, I managed to get past some of the later levels by foregoing the laser and powering up the flack cannon and lightning gun, also if you change the screen display from widescreen to normal you get less on screen enemies, I had to do that to finish level 19.

There were 3 of us, the other 2 guys were really pretty good at it. It did unlock the "cockroach of freedom" (survive 8 minutes) achievement too.

thl

Post by thl » Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Completed Mega Drive's Streets of Rage and Golden Axe few days ago. Did had a quick go on Columns too.

woody2

Post by woody2 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Mario on the N64, although nearly completed so I think Zelda Ocarina of Time for the next one. Recently got an N64 for the first time and never played Zelda.... I shall put that right!!
So long-a Bowser!

MikeHive

Post by MikeHive » Thu May 31, 2007 6:08 pm

I was a bit bored this weekend, so I dug out my old Donkey Kong Country 3 cart. I never liked the game, so I never finished it... however I was able to play through to the final world in about two hours :)
~Mike
www.bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Thu May 31, 2007 6:21 pm

Doom on XBLA.

Brilliant! I haven't played it in years and it still plays fantastically, and still gets the heart beating.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 am

The Penultimate Ninja wrote:
felgekarp wrote:
The Penultimate Ninja wrote: I'm stuck on level 9 of the mission mode at the moment. My first go on survival online we lasted just over 10 minutes, I've not gotten anywhere near that since.
How many of you where playing on line and did it still unlock the 8 minute achievement as I feel multiplayer may be the way to go for the 12 minute one? I couldn't believe the amount of stuff it was throwing at me as it got round the 7 minute mark :D Level 9 took me a while to crack, I managed to get past some of the later levels by foregoing the laser and powering up the flack cannon and lightning gun, also if you change the screen display from widescreen to normal you get less on screen enemies, I had to do that to finish level 19.

There were 3 of us, the other 2 guys were really pretty good at it. It did unlock the "cockroach of freedom" (survive 8 minutes) achievement too.
Nice one, I tried it multiplayer last night, unfortunately the other player was my brother and let's just say no further achievements were gained :D
Splink!

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:24 am

Black on PS2!

God damn this game is cool but tough as nails!

Not to keen on the control though.

Shall be playing XIII next!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 am

Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire on PS2.

Can be quite infuriating in places, but not a bad game.

merman

Post by merman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:43 am

killer7 (PS2)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube