What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 am

Tekken 5 - Strange cause to begin with I never liked it.

Soul Calibur IV - Yoda = STUPID!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:39 am

Oh yes I've also just passed Level 20 on Battlefield Bad Company, next stop level 25!!

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Hydro thunder on Dreamcast, I thinks its ace! Also a bit of Sega rally on DC.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Tonight I've been playing Senko No Ronde on the 360 only found and played 1 ranked match all night!! Online achievements are all fine until you can't find any more damn players

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:47 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Tonight I've been playing Senko No Ronde on the 360 only found and played 1 ranked match all night!! Online achievements are all fine until you can't find any more damn players
Well I have been meaning to put more time into the game... Can't say I'd be much competition though!

Finally got round to starting F-Zero Climax for the GBA. Its to bad it never saw a release outside of Japan as it looks to be better than GP legend in that it is actually challenging. The music is excellent, some of the best I've heard on the GBA and all of the challenges are going to take a long time to finish before I have unlocked everything.

I've also been playing more on COD4 (PS3), nearly finished the single player mode. So good I'll go through and play it again on a harder difficulty. I also tried the online mode as many people here speak highly of it and I am hooked! The EXP system means that even people like me can achieve something out of a deathmatch (I'm pretty bad at it at the moment!). Add that the great challenges that let you unlock more stuff as you play and I have an online mode that looks to outlast the single player mode easily.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:36 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Tonight I've been playing Senko No Ronde on the 360 only found and played 1 ranked match all night!! Online achievements are all fine until you can't find any more damn players
Well I have been meaning to put more time into the game... Can't say I'd be much competition though!

Finally got round to starting F-Zero Climax for the GBA. Its to bad it never saw a release outside of Japan as it looks to be better than GP legend in that it is actually challenging. The music is excellent, some of the best I've heard on the GBA and all of the challenges are going to take a long time to finish before I have unlocked everything.

I've also been playing more on COD4 (PS3), nearly finished the single player mode. So good I'll go through and play it again on a harder difficulty. I also tried the online mode as many people here speak highly of it and I am hooked! The EXP system means that even people like me can achieve something out of a deathmatch (I'm pretty bad at it at the moment!). Add that the great challenges that let you unlock more stuff as you play and I have an online mode that looks to outlast the single player mode easily.
Well I haven't played for a while so I'm a bit rusty, I'll note you next time I'm on :D

Haven't played on COD 4 for ages (Battlefield is taking up all my online gaming time at the moment) But I downloaded the map pack this weekend as it was being sold cheaply for the double EXP. weekend. One of the most cinematic games I've ever played, honestly the tension and pace of the game just ramps up towards the end and the final revelation of the plot is stunning. I've never played a FPS that evokes such emotion (even more so than Bioshock) it's an experience as well as a game :D

thl

Post by thl » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:10 am

ShadowMan wrote:I've also been playing more on COD4 (PS3), nearly finished the single player mode. So good I'll go through and play it again on a harder difficulty. I also tried the online mode as many people here speak highly of it and I am hooked! The EXP system means that even people like me can achieve something out of a deathmatch (I'm pretty bad at it at the moment!). Add that the great challenges that let you unlock more stuff as you play and I have an online mode that looks to outlast the single player mode easily.
I haven't play COD4 (Xbox360) for quite a while after my 1 month free trial had expired. Luckily I reached Level 55 (Commander rank) and was given an option of playing the Prestige mode.

The online play is incredibly popular that I been playing the Domination mode during last month. Some suggested it's probably the best route of picking up twice amount of XPs as long you're on the winning team and completing challenges.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:25 am

Put a bit of time into GRID last night on 360. It's getting better now I'm slowly getting used to the sensitive handling, also surprised by the variety of racing on offer. Good so far. I would be playing RR6 but my disk for some reason won;t read some of the tracks so I can;t progress. I'm gonna take it back to Gamestation and sort it out I think.

Also been messing around on the DS, played some cool homebrew games like Still Alive (2D portal), Lemmings and Pocket Physics.

Some other commercial games I've been playing are:

Life Signs: Surgical Unit
Animal Crossing
Bangai-O Spirits
Contra 4
Cooking Mama 1/2
Wario Ware Touched
Konami Classics

AND lot's of ZXDS!!

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:07 am

sscott wrote:Hydro thunder on Dreamcast, I thinks its ace! Also a bit of Sega rally on DC.
I love both of those. I'm particularly good at Hydro Thunder. :P

Sabreman

Post by Sabreman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm having an absolute ton of fun with Yakuza at the moment. I let this game pass me by for ages but over the weekend I got completely swept up in it. It's a little clunky in places but I can forgive that because the setting, characters and story are so compulsive.

I've already ordered the sequel.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Tiger Woods 07 on PS2

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Okami on Wii. Its bloody brilliant, beautiful graphics too.

I've also been playing KOF96. And what a big improvement it is over 94!!
Theres more characters,fair difficulty,custom teams, and my favourite, Geese Howard, Wolfgang Krauser AND Mr Big on the same team :o

Fantastic fighting game :D

coastliner

Post by coastliner » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Been playin' STAR SOLDIER R on the Wii (Wii Ware)..Just pure unadulterated fun......just what games r 4.... :P

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Cosmic Gang The Movie over on t' League. Crazy game! :lol:

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:14 am

Going to be playing Espgaluda, Gunstar Heroes: Treasure Box, and Do Don Pachi Daioujou DV tonight on my lovely new red jap PS2 that I collected from the UPS depo this morning.