What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Elgin_McQueen

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:22 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Over a week since last playing Genshin impact, think ive finally just outright stopped doing the daily grinding.
I was getting RSI from mashing circle for hours
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:45 pm
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:14 pm
https://apk.center/net.andromo.dev413647.app953646.html

Or try Retroarch free.

If you can side load, Happy Chick is an all in one solution for loads of systems often found on Chinese handhelds, you can find it via googling.

MD.emu should be a safe bet if you don't mind paying, Robert Broglia's emulators are usually pretty solid and easy to use.
Ended up going with Genplus and using the Save State option to give me something to screenshot. Have got Retroarch already but find it has a pretty ugly in game UI, assuming there's ways to alter this but now sure how exactly.
Retro arch is fully configurable
Android version?
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Android version?
If its just the hud it can be fiddled with, remember playing changing it from the SNES one to the Megadrive one

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 am

Trying to master 200cc in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Even using the art of brake-drifting, it's still crazy. Still, I have won a fair few offline races due to the sheer amount of carnage that can happen on the last few corners (going from 7th or 8th to 1st is a frequent possibility). Getting a triple-star ranking on all of the cups is going to take some doing. Managed 2 so far.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 am

Megamixer wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 am
Trying to master 200cc in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Even using the art of brake-drifting, it's still crazy. Still, I have won a fair few offline races due to the sheer amount of carnage that can happen on the last few corners (going from 7th or 8th to 1st is a frequent possibility). Getting a triple-star ranking on all of the cups is going to take some doing. Managed 2 so far.
In MK8 its best to not be first all the race as the CPU AI is annoying and will spam items, kinda why I dont really like it as its more luck of items rather than skill winning races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfiVLn ... el=Kibasku
Video realated

Harkatim

Post by Harkatim » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:27 am

Playing through Gunstar Future Heroes(GBA) at the moment. Great little run n' gun and looks fantastic; another 'Treasure' game that everyone should check out. I've nearly finished It, so I have a few cheeky e-bay gets arriving soon:

Ape escape(PS1)
Wild 9(PS1)
Soul Reaver(PS1)
R-Type Delta(PS1)
Omega Boost(PS1)

Should keep me busy, at least until we're all back at work or everyone's dead.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Restarted Shinning the holy ark as playing RPGs when its this time of year is a thing for me, been probably 20 odd years since I last played it

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Getting further into The Witcher 3 now, really enjoying it, mostly due to the great storytelling and world building.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:46 pm

MEGA DRIVE
Super Fantasy Zone
Gunstar Heroes
Urban Strike
Chase HQ II
Judge Dredd

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

Harkatim

Post by Harkatim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:23 pm

Decided to stick my recent e-bay gets on the back burner and finally get stuck into 'Alundra' on the PSone instead. I really should have played this sooner - its incredible! I'm around 10 hours in and completely hooked. I've pretty much stopped playing everything else for the time being :)

srj672

Post by srj672 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 am

Ace Attorney on Switch - got a voucher and decided to try it, and I love it! It's not the hardest game, but the stories and characters are charming, and the actual gameplay is something I enjoy from adventure games.

Trauma Center on Wii - now I've arranged everything in my gaming room properly I can now play with motion controls

Rock Band - after a few beers, ebayed some PS3 guitar and games. I'm a frustrated bass player, but it turns out I'm an even more frustrated singer. Now the neighbours know what my Ozzy Osbourne impression sounds like!

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
The Great Escape
APB
Postman Pat 2
Hampstead
Spy Vs Spy

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:30 pm

MAME Splatterhouse for the Retroleague.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:03 am

Tetris Effect Connected on the XBOX One.
Tony Hawk 1+2 remastered on the XBOX One.
Burnout Paradise Remastered.
&
Started a new GTA V Online game the other night,
Plus I played GTA IV Last night for 40 odd minutes...I found a Handgun in a back alley in Willis then caught the train home and saved the game! 8)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:48 am

Played Super Mario Land I on the Gameboy, well via an emulator. Finished the game, been a while since i did that. Final end of level baddie wasnt too bad, harder than some of the previous ones as they were so easy.

Still an amazing game

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 am

Diablo 3 on Switch still has me hooked, perfect time killer game, such a great and addictive core loop. Going back to this game has done a good job of getting me hyped for Diablo 4 all over again

Managed to get the time to knockout the treasure seelie event for Genshin Impact, for the cute little pet. Though it seems right now I’ve progressed to the point where my characters are seriously underlevelled besides Klee and maybe Jean. Not looking forward to the ensuing grind but oh well