What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Fighting force 64.

This was a "Fun" game, I like how you could pick where to go next, if you had a certain amount of points.
Got annoying when getting stuck in a constant pick item up, get hit drop rhythm when all you want to do is smack the guy in front.
Got as far as a boss with a jetpack and a mini gun, figured out I had to throw stuff at him but when ever I tried he shot me making me drop it.
One to get rid of then.............

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Brute Force a first, a belt scroller I hate! Horrible stereotype yank digitised speech, 2 different enemies and the same street for every level.

I got to the third level on 1 credit and you fight cars as well as the same 2 enemies and you enter a subway and fight a different enemy that dodges your bullets. So many guns lying around it’s easy to get that far.

Tough Turf Sega scrolling fighter like Double Dragon but everybody uses weapons and the only original thing is the last boss is a female. One of any 3 games to have female last bosses Guardian and Combatribes (Cyborgs ain’t lady’s)

DD crew another not very good Sega Belt Scroller where the bosses are Cynthia Rockford and Bennett from Commando.

Digger (1982 Century Love this Mr Do rip off for some reason
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:24 am

Really enjoying my time with the new Crash Bandicoot, my first time playing one of these. I didn’t expect it to be so hard, but I’m having fun

Also looking forward to the new Genshin Impact update:
Dragonspine Dragonspine Dragonspine Dragonspine
Ooh, new shiny character I won’t be able to level but still want

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:43 am

Armouries - N64
A game that could of been great if you could see more than a few feet in front,
Because a being killed by something you cant see is a fair challenge

Also
MUGEN, back to fiddling, noticed in the past people being sad and wanting to select a character, so rather than just having random select only.
This screen was ment for a maximum of 880, got about 1300
Trying to get all the characters to fit on the screen and also replacing all the proper fighting game charters with ones that dont play the same.

Sel Feena wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:24 am
]
Also looking forward to the new Genshin Impact update:
Ooh, new shiny character I won’t be able to level but still want
Still doing the dailies for some bloody reason, they just finished the gliding challenge, it was more a test in frustration than a test of skill

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am

I find myself wondering if I'd have been better buying Skyrim for Switch, as the Witcher 3 is a boring, tedious, confusing slow-grind-fest.
Thoughts and prayers.

srj672

Post by srj672 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:02 am

Just booted up Eternal Darkness again to sink into.
Bomberman R on Switch for multiplayer japes. Not really played it before, and so far keep blowing myself up!

srj672

Post by srj672 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:03 am

rossi46 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 am
I find myself wondering if I'd have been better buying Skyrim for Switch, as the Witcher 3 is a boring, tedious, confusing slow-grind-fest.
Really? I was looking into Witcher 3, but get conflicting reports on the gameplay, and how good it is.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 am

I really enjoyed Witcher 3, particularly for its rich setting, stories and characters. It turned me into a fan not only of the game itself but also the books it was based on and both the TV adaptations.

If there's a problem with it, it's the same one most modern RPGs have in that they've all got differing and complex mechanics, and you're practically halfway through the campaign before you've got a handle on them.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 am

My initial review might have been somewhat hasty, I'm thinking.

I'm now 12 hours in and seem to be progressing better now. I'm up to level six and can now deal with enemies who'd previously just swatted me aside. the crafting system is still pretty confusing but I've levelled-up a couple of weapons and pieces of armour. I'm actually getting quite into the game, though I'm starting to realise that the world of The Witcher is immense. This isn't going to be over any time soon :D
Thoughts and prayers.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Up to the hotel in Silent Hill 2. What a great game this has been so far. I THINK I still prefer the first one but SH2 runs it close...very close.

Not sure that Pyramid Head's reputation has aged too well though. He's more of a nuisance than anything, although he did make me think "oh sh*t!" at one point in the sewer section of the prison labyrinth when he came walking around a corner without warning.

Definitely thankful that there aren't any dogs or flying enemies this time though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:08 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 pm
Up to the hotel in Silent Hill 2. What a great game this has been so far. I THINK I still prefer the first one but SH2 runs it close...very close.

Not sure that Pyramid Head's reputation has aged too well though. He's more of a nuisance than anything, although he did make me think "oh sh*t!" at one point in the sewer section of the prison labyrinth when he came walking around a corner without warning.

Definitely thankful that there aren't any dogs or flying enemies this time though.
Right at the end.
3 next? I have still yet to want to play 4, gave it a go a few years back but the whole invincible enemies that can pass through walls put me off

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:13 pm

SPECCY SUNDAY
Flying Shark
Spellbound Dizzy
Head Over Heels
Whacky Races
Monty Python's Flying Circus

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:30 am

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:08 pm
3 next? I have still yet to want to play 4, gave it a go a few years back but the whole invincible enemies that can pass through walls put me off
I intend to play through the whole series, good or bad. I understand that the games get a bit ropey after Konami killed off Team Silent following SH3...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:07 pm

^ Silent Hill 4 is still pretty decent, though I remember thinking the enemies weren’t particularly memorable besides just the one. You’ll know which one when you see them! I gave up on the series after Homecoming

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:07 pm
^ Silent Hill 4 is still pretty decent, though I remember thinking the enemies weren’t particularly memorable besides just the one. You’ll know which one when you see them! I gave up on the series after Homecoming
Ive been told one on the Wii is interesting, a kinda remake of the first thats supposed to change depending on how you play