What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
Bubble Bobble
Technician Ted
Dynamite Dan
Manic Miner
Spy Vs Spy

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 am

Playing Red Faction Guerrilla Remarstered on the Switch. Really enjoyed it back when the original came out so having fun replaying it.

And I've completed Doom 2 lots of times over the years but never 100% on kills, items and secrets on every stage so playing through that again and I'm not allowed to move on until everything is done.

Also playing the SNES games online with my friend on our switches. We hadn't played Mario Kart together since we were about 13 so its great fun doing that again.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am

Spent the night awake so popped in Mad Max as been feeling like building some post apocalyptic stuff again so it's good inspiration, I forgot how long it was so seems I've barely made a dent in things as I've been trying to build Max and the MO up as much as I can to make things easier.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 am

Must play something other than Genshin Impact
Just as I get on top of everything they put out more stuff to do.
All this is FREE!! No adds every few seconds as well, infact, no advertising what so every (on PS4), it has timers, but its not the type of thing that stops you from playing outright like with so many other freemium games where you have to pay in someway to speed things up.
Unlocking characters is a bit of a git at times, random rolls, (it gave me Amber the other night, yeah thats all I need shes rubbish, I NEVER USE HER!!), it could be considered to be a "Loot crate"

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:27 am

^ Maybe her constellations help make her decent? Doubt it though, lol. She’s the ginger stepchild of the archer characters

Yakuza 7 still entertaining, just unlocked the part-time hero stuff, and got access to all the usual challenges these games have. I thought the PAC-Man style minigame would be my favourite, but the golf game is actually really good

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:27 am
^ Maybe her constellations help make her decent? Doubt it though, lol. She’s the ginger stepchild of the archer characters
Most archer character's are only any good against single robots or if they have a good special
Amber does not

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Getting towards the end of PS1 Silent Hill (I think). As much as I have enjoyed replaying this, the enemies and battles are wearing me down now. The trip to and back from the lighthouse was terrible - can't really run away from those flying gits because there are too many ground-based enemies to run into and the paths are too narrow. The following sewer level was bloody annoying too.

Also found a nasty audio glitch on this PSN version where shooting at some bosses causes the sound effects to spaz out and get worse with every shot fired, resulting in a load of ear-splitting screeching that forces me to reach for the mute button. Great emulation job there Konami.

All that said, I think I still like this better than Resi. The dark psychological theme is much better than zombies.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Mortal Kombat II
Road Rash
Bonanza Bros
Marble Madness
Captain America And The Avengers

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Mario galaxy. Done the 120 with mario, now going through it with Luigi for full completion.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Wanted to play some Alfred Chicken for some reason.
My 600 is being iffy, so its out with the CD32 with its mod
Its not a bad game, its just bloody evil, no continues?

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:22 pm

ulrich7ad wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am
Mario galaxy. Done the 120 with mario, now going through it with Luigi for full completion.
I've got Galaxy but I bought Galaxy 2 first and never really put that time into the first. I'm getting the Mario collection for Switch at Christmas so looking forward to playing through it. And I've never played Sunshine so really looking forward to that one.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:42 pm

More Amiga guff
Kid Chaos, blatant Sonic rip off, but having to go about destroying things.
It could of been sooooo much better if they actually put a bit more thought into the levels.
BLOODY BACKWARDS SPRINGS AND SPIKE PITS!

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:04 am

Played a bit of Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3 last night.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:48 pm

Vigil my god it’s hard and the loading times are atrocious shame as it looks and plays amazing. It’s like Odin Sphere crossed with Order Eccelisa but the violence staked up to 10.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

srj672

Post by srj672 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:26 am

Worms WMD - having online play against mates is everything at the moment. Best fiver I've spent for ages!