What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:11 am

Think I was in a self harm mood as I tried to playthrough Sonic Jam on the Game com
Its borderline unplayable on it, struggled to do the first levels on each game

Also played
Godzilla on PS3, its not good, why turning is stuck on the L/R buttons I dont know, its a given that you move slow and turn even slower.
Every level is just "Destroy the spinning towers" they sometimes put up a force field and by the way, you cant block and dont really have any evasive moves, you can slowly step backwards or do some crappy roar super that makes you invincible for about a second. Great for the towers, crap for bosses.

It looks great though, they all look and move like men in big rubber suits
Outrun 2019 plug-in console.
The handheld is a bit naff, it isnt a motion controller instead you have like a slider that moves a bit up or down that controls the steering, its not analogue (the game wasnt).
It can be played with the D-pad but its placement isnt ideal also the C button is on the back, it would work if that was accelerate, but its "A" this game only seems to use A and B no button config

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 am

I had a PS1 wheel controller like that. Can't remember if it was analogue or not.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 am

This thing?
Apparently it is, it also has grio controls, its also rubbish.
The PS1 also had those Negcon controllers

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:02 am

Nope. The PS1 one I have is much closerto your Outrun thing.

There's some on ebay just now:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATI ... 2948485688
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATI ... 2648702923

You hold the bit with buttons, and the outer wheel bit sort of rotates around it a bit. It's a bit weird, doesn't feel natural to use, and is all round just as cheap and nasty as it looks.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:21 am

Thats the Outrun 2019 thing in a nutshell,

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Trials Fusion on the XBOX One.
But playing the game is hurting my left Wrist a bit sadly.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:21 am

SPECCY SUNDAY
Thomas The Tank Engine
Cisco Heat
Midnight Resistance
Barbarian
Track & Field

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 pm

Metro Last light.

If it keeps with the way it is right now and dont go irritating think ill stick with it

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:38 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Mortal Kombat
Rolo To The Rescue
Chuck Rock
Prince Of Persia
Greatest Heavyweights

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:23 am

13 Sentinels

Only in character prologues, but the story’s already throwing everything at me in terms of sci-fi tropes. The visuals are gorgeous as expected, but seeing modern areas instead of fantasy is hitting different. Some really beautiful locations. I’ve only gotten tutorial RTS missions, but it seems quite snappy with the potential for some depth when the real ones become available

Genshin Impact

Feels like there are a lot of BotW elements here for sure, with certain enemy types and climbing and gliding, but seeing as how weapons here don’t break it’s already ahead in my book. The gacha elements I’ve ignored besides the free pulls that you’re given and it doesn’t seem to have impacted my ability to run through the story so far. However I’ve already seen some random things in the overworld that are tied to specific elements, with each character having a set element they use, so that’s raised some suspicions

merman

Post by merman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:35 am

Zeta Wing (C64) - amazing new vertically scrolling shoot em up
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Little Wanino Just Loaded Fortnite, She has more Skins than me!!!
(has 6 or 7 and I only have 3 or 4!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 am

DPrinny wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
Aka Waifu fighter............ Its one of those memorise a ton of button combos to win style fighters, all style with no fun
ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:18 am
The scene didn't die because of DLC/scandals, it was damage output/gems. Basically the damage output sucked initially... most matches ended in time outs and people just defending/turtling instead of actually fighting. That sucked the fun out of the game early on and despite a really good balance patch that was released later, it was already too late.

Pity really as the game wasn't that bad, I enjoyed it quite a bit even with its flaws.
Wasnt that from what I saw, people refused to play it because of the DLC and people didnt end up buying it

Bad/broken fighting games can be fun, take MUGEN for example. Try to make a fully balanced roster it looses its charm, its an anti fighting game, a mashers delight.
Then theres SFV, its bloody boring to play, every strat is the same, every battle its almost the same stuff, id rather play "The movie", its a broken mess but its fun
We are clearly talking about different "scenes". I'm talking about the Pro scene at Evo, you can literally find vids of people timing out in tournament matches with even the commentators taking digs at the game. Pro scene don't give a censored about characters as DLC and censored, because if they did explain how Street Fighter V is still selling and STILL one of the top tourney fighting games played? That launched in an anaemic state and yet is still being played and supported well into next year (heck, I was just playing it to unlock the awesome Fighting EX Layer skin).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 am

THPS 1&2 Remake
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:05 am

Tried playing Motorstorm apocalypse, it seemed decent but to much "OH LOOK AT THAT OVER THERE!" and at times unsure where to go things
ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 am
We are clearly talking about different "scenes". I'm talking about the Pro scene at Evo, you can literally find vids of people timing out in tournament matches with even the commentators taking digs at the game. Pro scene don't give a censored about characters as DLC and censored, because if they did explain how Street Fighter V is still selling and STILL one of the top tourney fighting games played? That launched in an anaemic state and yet is still being played and supported well into next year (heck, I was just playing it to unlock the awesome Fighting EX Layer skin).
Because Capcom is pushing it despite it being one of the bad SF games, its an Esports game so a barebones release is a given.

Its also friggen boring to watch EVERY MATCH UP IS THE SAME!! If Guile is used expect never ending booms