What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 am

SPECCY SATURDAY

Jetpac
Arkanoid
Mermaid Madness
Ruff And Reddy In The Space Adventure
Cobra

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:57 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:13 pm
Damn...a used DC is now about £50+ and Project Justice is a £100+ game. Yeah, that might not happen!
Id say get one with lazer problems and a GDEMU

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Made a bit of a start on Goblin Sword on Switch, which I took a chance on as it's pretty cheap on the e-Shop. Really nice platformer with extremely responsive controls, some very nicely designed stages with well hidden secret areas and pleasing chunky visuals. Think it's well worth the few quid asking price.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Started Jackie chan adventures on PS2
The camera can be erratic at times and make platforming bits irritating

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Doom 1, 2 and 3- At those sale prices I could hardly say no.....so brought em all on Switch and XBONE. XD

Sonic 2- Free with my Gold Coins on Switch. Plus its Sonic 2!

Battlefront 2 Celebration Upgrade thingy- been playing a lot of BF1 so better ready myself.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:31 pm
BellyFullOfHell wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 am
ShadowMan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 am
108 odd hours into Yakuza 7 on the PS4. Change in combat is actually an interesting move, chapter 12's boss was a blast to fight (nice to finally have some challenge injected into the game!) and all the content surrounding the game really draws me in (hence why I've put 108 hours into the game). The plot is really interesting as well, really sets up well for the end game, and any potential sequels.
Would you mind listing which coin-ops are in there? They're a big draw for me, and I can't seem to find any info on the net as of yet. Just picked up Judgement for Moto Raid / Fighting Vipers.
There's nothing new arcade wise in 7, its just 6's with Puyo swapped out for VF2. Judge Eyes still remains the top arcade in the series what with it adding in Motor Raid for the first ever time. That HOTD styled arcade game that is based off Yakuza Dead Souls is rad as well.
How far do you have to play Judge Eyes to unlock Motor Raid and does it play like Yakuza? I tried with Yakuza a few times and I really don’t like it. Random fights against generic enemies in suits I would have preferred to fight women, Ninja’s and bizarrely dressed super soldiers for boss guarding purposes
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:09 am

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm
How far do you have to play Judge Eyes to unlock Motor Raid and does it play like Yakuza? I tried with Yakuza a few times and I really don’t like it. Random fights against generic enemies in suits I would have preferred to fight women, Ninja’s and bizarrely dressed super soldiers for boss guarding purposes
Motor Raid is unlocked as soon as the arcade is unlocked, so unless mini games are locked in the first chapter it'd only take a couple of hours to open up. But it plays just like Yakuza, including the (lack of) enemy design variety.

Only game in the Yakuza series that has really weird and out there enemy designs is 7 - it changes to a turn based JRPG where the main character thinks of fights just like Dragon Quest (to the point he frequently name drops DQ) and aside from the usual Yakuza that come after you, you get weirder enemies like hosts, dudes with glow sticks, barbers with scissors (and ridiculous hair cuts), robot type human creatures, a couple of wild animals, chicken headed cultists, hobo shamen and even rubbish bags with human heads/legs. Its wild!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:09 am
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm
Motor Raid is unlocked as soon as the arcade is unlocked, so unless mini games are locked in the first chapter it'd only take a couple of hours to open up. But it plays just like Yakuza, including the (lack of) enemy design variety.

Only game in the Yakuza series that has really weird and out there enemy designs is 7 - it changes to a turn based JRPG where the main character thinks of fights just like Dragon Quest (to the point he frequently name drops DQ) and aside from the usual Yakuza that come after you, you get weirder enemies like hosts, dudes with glow sticks, barbers with scissors (and ridiculous hair cuts), robot type human creatures, a couple of wild animals, chicken headed cultists, hobo shamen and even rubbish bags with human heads/legs. Its wild!
I was kind of hoping Judge Eyes would be a more akin to Condemned with gang members with cool masks and bizarrely dressed super soldier type for mid & end level guarding purposes., I read somewhere the Killer takes people’s eyes hence the title Judgement Eyes.

I would buy it as Motor Raid has never been released on home console to my knowledge, maybe it runs on a very specific emulator.

Yakuza 7 seems right up my street with those weirder enemies. I recall only to unique enemies on Yakuza a large Frankenstein Monster called Mr Shakedown who just stole some of your money. And a female Yakuza you had to fight she looked like King from Art of Fighting dressed like a man. I think you had to fight her instead of her brother. I’m told you fight woman in Yakuza Dead Souls. And Mr Shakedown I’m toldyou don’t need to fight at all unless you want an achievement.

I like the look of the crazy guy who fights with 2 baseball bats but I’m told you don’t play as him till much later on.
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:27 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:31 pm
BellyFullOfHell wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 am
ShadowMan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 am
108 odd hours into Yakuza 7 on the PS4. Change in combat is actually an interesting move, chapter 12's boss was a blast to fight (nice to finally have some challenge injected into the game!) and all the content surrounding the game really draws me in (hence why I've put 108 hours into the game). The plot is really interesting as well, really sets up well for the end game, and any potential sequels.
Would you mind listing which coin-ops are in there? They're a big draw for me, and I can't seem to find any info on the net as of yet. Just picked up Judgement for Moto Raid / Fighting Vipers.
There's nothing new arcade wise in 7, its just 6's with Puyo swapped out for VF2. Judge Eyes still remains the top arcade in the series what with it adding in Motor Raid for the first ever time. That HOTD styled arcade game that is based off Yakuza Dead Souls is rad as well.
That's a bit of a bummer. I thought we might see another oddity or two after Motor Raid, maybe Rad Mobile, AB Cop, or my long-awaited OutRunners port.... oh well.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Stopped playing that Jackie Chan game on PS2, it was kinda fun, but the platforming bits are irritating thanks to a really bad camera.
Street warrior, its sh*t and also really, really tedious
Sky surfer, for about five minutes then on to
World fighting, a 505 release and
ITS ACTUALLY FUN!!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Yomawari getting seriously annoyed with this game. Getting killed by ghosts hiding in bushes then scissor ghost who appears right on top off you as you try to remove the litter from the shrine.

Find Yu great another boss fight with random attack patterns

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:05 am

Final Fantasy VI SNES original hardware finally got to Zozo As you walk through the streets you get a variety of random battles all who hit hard and steal your money which had me wondering why I’m getting attacked in a town. Also, all of the citizens are also pathological liars. I guess the Town of Liars in the name is a clue :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Very deep into Yakuza Kiwami 2 at the moment. Possibly my favourite so far but, then again, Yakuza 2 was always my favourite prior to this. That said, I enjoyed Yakuza 0 so much that the old goalposts have been moved somewhat.

The batting in this game can really just go do one though. I don't understand why they have to keep changing the controls with every sequel. Grinding out points to earn the two baseball bat tomes was painful. Had to use a gamefaqs guide to predict where the ball would go each time and just keep repeating the homerun contest over and over and over.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:06 am

My Son bought Doom 1993 on the XB1 the other day and I've now installed it on the Lounge Room XB1 so I might give that a go later on tonight!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:19 am

Shadow of the colossus ps4. Wasn't fussed on the original, found the controls to be lacking. That issue hasn't changed for me so may jack it in. Looks decent though.