What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:59 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY

Wheelie
The Great Escape
Count Duckula
Skool Daze

8) 8)
Press Play On Tape

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm

djcarlos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:44 pm
You'l fly passed the level cap in no time mate :-)
Well I'm up to Level 53. I've completed The Hidden Ones BUT Nefertiti is kicking my arse in The Curse of the Pharaohs. I've tried about 10 times. I first tried at 50 but it went badly so I went off and did some side missions and levelled up my weapons. She's still causing me issues.

Any tips as this dlc is big enough as it is without me replaying the same section over and over!! :twisted:

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:13 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm
djcarlos wrote:
Well I'm up to Level 53. I've completed The Hidden Ones BUT Nefertiti is kicking my arse in The Curse of the Pharaohs. I've tried about 10 times. I first tried at 50 but it went badly so I went off and did some side missions and levelled up my weapons. She's still causing me issues.

Any tips as this dlc is big enough as it is without me replaying the same section over and over!! :twisted:
You have to get creative with your weapons IIRC - she won't be able to block your sword overpower attack, so use a sword that increases your Adrenaline and spam a bow that increases health that from a distance until you can run on in and get stabby stabby. That worked for me, it took ages though.

shadowflare7799

Post by shadowflare7799 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 am

I'm playing a lot of games right now both classic and modern, a lot of them for my youtube gaming channel so a lot of projects. I'm playing the original Final Fight games.. Final Fight Arcade, Final Fight 2 and 3 for the snes, Castlevania and Castlevania 2 Simons Curse NES, Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 remake as well as spec ops the line and the silent hill games. There are more though.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC78Jx4 ... gnbVM6Tp4g

My youtube gaming channel speedruns and no deathruns of both classic and modern games.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:36 am

Working through my backlog list, and downloaded Neverwinter for PS4.

"Ooh I wonder what this is?"

A completely free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG? That's my life for the next year or so out the window then :lol:

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Well, once my pad is charged, I'll be playing The Last Of Us Remastered.

And then I'll be playing some Atari 2600 Battlezone.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:14 pm

djcarlos wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:13 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm
djcarlos wrote:

You have to get creative with your weapons IIRC - she won't be able to block your sword overpower attack, so use a sword that increases your Adrenaline and spam a bow that increases health that from a distance until you can run on in and get stabby stabby. That worked for me, it took ages though.

Yeah I'm an idiot. I thought I had health on hit weapons equipped but they were health on kill... Dispatched Nefertiti with ease last night once I swapped. :lol:

EDIT: And done 100%.(Well trophies) I skipped a fair few side missions and didn't bother with a lot of the ? locations in the dlcs as I was done with that by the end of the main game. This is now my fave AC game. I do hear Odyssey is better though. On to the Resident Evil 2 remake now though.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm

I started Resident Evil 2 remake yesterday. It's familiar but different. Having said that even though I finished 2 on the PS1 and either the DC/GC can't remember which as I have both, I barely recall most of it as it was 21 and 18 years ago respectively!

Playing the Pro version and I think it looks lovely, and the HDR seems pretty good.

Anyway really enjoying this, only a couple of hours in on the Standard difficulty and not having too many problems. Just trying to sort out the key card for the parking garage and I've not had any issues so far with resources. I love how they've modernised it by showing which doors need the special keys and if the room is completed by turning it blue. It stops a lot of aimless wandering which could get frustrating back in the day, especially with the bloody loading door animations!

I really hope they remake 3 too as I have a lot of love for that game even though it got panned for being too samey. 

shadowflare7799

Post by shadowflare7799 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm
I started Resident Evil 2 remake yesterday. It's familiar but different. Having said that even though I finished 2 on the PS1 and either the DC/GC can't remember which as I have both, I barely recall most of it as it was 21 and 18 years ago respectively!

Playing the Pro version and I think it looks lovely, and the HDR seems pretty good.

Anyway really enjoying this, only a couple of hours in on the Standard difficulty and not having too many problems. Just trying to sort out the key card for the parking garage and I've not had any issues so far with resources. I love how they've modernised it by showing which doors need the special keys and if the room is completed by turning it blue. It stops a lot of aimless wandering which could get frustrating back in the day, especially with the bloody loading door animations!

I really hope they remake 3 too as I have a lot of love for that game even though it got panned for being too samey. 
I hope they do remake 3 as well as resident evil 3.5.. I would love to see Leon's adventure in Europe other than RE4. The progenitor virus idea was a great idea that Capcom had that they scrapped. I'll be playing the RE2 remake soon, how is it??

My youtube gaming channel speedruns and no deathruns of both classic and modern games.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:41 am

Everytime I feel like getting either Resi 4 or 2Re
Make I end up firing up Deadspace and just playing that instead.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:30 pm

shadowflare7799 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 pm

I hope they do remake 3 as well as resident evil 3.5.. I would love to see Leon's adventure in Europe other than RE4. The progenitor virus idea was a great idea that Capcom had that they scrapped. I'll be playing the RE2 remake soon, how is it??
I'm about 4 hours in and loving it apart from a glitch.

There's a bit with a gem and a box. I didn't have the gem on me when I found the box, so went to my storage to get it. When I got back the box was nowhere to be seen :evil: My last save was 45 minutes before so I'll be replaying that bit again. :( It was getting late when this happened so I couldn't be bothered to go through it again last night.

Apart from that annoyance they've upped the bar for any future remakes.

shadowflare7799

Post by shadowflare7799 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 am

I'm playing the original castlevania 1 and castlevania 2 on the NES, final fight 3 snes, aliens vs predator arcade along with aliens arcade and alien 3 the gun and nam 1975 arcade its a neo geo game. That's for the classics but I'm playing them for my youtube page coming up. For modern games RE2 remake and spec ops the line and a couple of other games including Catherine for the xbox 360.

Sounds like the re2 remake is as great as everybody predicted it to be I can't wait to try it.. going to go and play resident evil 7 to.

arcadez

Post by arcadez » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Super Mario RPG on the SNES, i'd never played it before and now seemed like a good time :)

Arcade Addict

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am

I've completed the world tour of Sonic All-Stars Transformed on hard, but there's still two events locked behind a 200 star gate, which would mean completing all events on expert. I don't think I have the patience for that, the skill-based events are fine, but the races have even dirtier AI than MK8.

Started Silent Hill Downpour - the atmosphere is spot-on, but my god, the combat is dreadful. Sad, as I'm quite enjoying the game itself.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:58 am

Real Boxing on the PS Vita.....it is very difficult at the later stages and I am getting pummelled every fight.

Great game though