What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY

Ghostbusters
Saturday Night Slammasters
Flicky
Lemmings
Superman: The Man Of Steel

:D 8) :D
Press Play On Tape

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon May 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Got the Platinum on Monster Jam Battlegrounds on PS3.

Pretty rubbish game to be honest, but a nice palate cleanser after the hundred+ hour epics I've been putting in. Having a go on a charming little puzzler on PS4 now, Mousecraft.

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Byte Driver (Windows) - conversion of an incredibly obscure 1979 arcade game.

https://vectorhat.com/bytedriver/
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 pm

I tried to play the Lemmings mobile game, wondering how bad it could possibly be. It's bad.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 am

Had a Capcom day yesterday, playing through Final Fight 2 and Mighty Final Fight. I still can't understand what happened to FF2. Its just bland. Not bad, it does nothing wrong, it just feels dated. Not even comparing it to SoR2 (which is way better), look at Capcom's other '93 brawlers - Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, The Punisher, Dungeons and Dragons... All of these games improve over the original FF by giving you more moves and faster gameplay and a couple even give you lite RPG elements. Meanwhile FF2 has none of that, basically plays just like Final Fight 1, only it lacks the memorable enemies, locations, music and characters. It looks nice, its better than the port of the original Final Fight on the Snes but that's it.
Now Mighty FF... that plays faster, has a couple more moves and some lite RPG elements (leveling up and unlocking moves, like Double Dragon's NES port). And its a better game in my opinion. I just had a much better time learning the game, unlocking Guy's best move which you can combo into, and eventually powering him up so much that he can take down even the final boss with ease (speaking of which, Mech Belger is hilarious)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Finally unwrapped my copy of Crash Bandicoot N Sane trilogy. Gritted my teeth and managed to 100% the original which I didn't ever manage in the PS1 days. It's far tougher than I remember, mostly because of the difficulty in placing your jumps on any level where Crash is moving forwards. That and the utterly brutal timing. It took me almost an hour of constant attempts to get a perfect run on "Fumbling in the Dark" for the gem.

Started Crash 2 now. This was always my favourite of the PS1 games and so far, I'm really enjoying the remaster.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am

I Platinumed AC Origins last night. Such an amazing game, finished with 74 hours on the clock. Now I just have to decide, do I go straight into the dlcs or take a break and play Resident Evil 2 remastered?

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am
I Platinumed AC Origins last night. Such an amazing game, finished with 74 hours on the clock. Now I just have to decide, do I go straight into the dlcs or take a break and play Resident Evil 2 remastered?
The DLCs follow straight on story-wise - start with The Hidden Ones - I would dive straight in!

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:32 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY

Knightmare
Go To Hell
Paperboy
Benny Hill's Madcap Chase

:D :D :D
Press Play On Tape

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 am

djcarlos wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am
The DLCs follow straight on story-wise - start with The Hidden Ones - I would dive straight in!
I took your advice and went for it. I didn't have a lot of time so just did a couple of side quests, they really ramp up the amount of XP given don't they!!

I'm a bit annoyed with myself though, I thought I'd installed all the dlc when I first started the game. It was only when I was right near the end game that I did install and realised I would've been gaining levels rather than just ability points. Not that I think it's going to be an issue hitting the level cap with the new XP bonuses :)

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon May 27, 2019 12:44 pm

You'l fly passed the level cap in no time mate :-)

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 pm

I've hammered Farm Sim 19 pretty fierce since getting it at Christmas. It's hard to say as I've had loads of abandoned save files but I must have topped 400 hours.

icemann

Post by icemann » Thu May 30, 2019 11:00 am

After recently playing through Doom 2, I've since moved onto Heretic. I'd not played the game in a very long time. Great game.

merman

Post by merman » Thu May 30, 2019 6:13 pm

The latest alpha of Dicey Dungeons (0.17, Windows)

And testing a new C64 game - Run, Demon Run
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:53 am

Team Sonic Racing. The team mechanic doesn't ruin the game like I initially expected it to. Its really fun, I still prefer Sumo's last Sega racer to this, but this is darn good in its own right and its not as if I can be picky over arcade racers these days...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*