What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pratty

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by pratty » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:16 am

Getting back into Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U.
thedustyjoypad wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:25 am
Used to play a game called Freedom Fighters on the PS2 back in the day. Recently picked it up again, but for Gamecube, so I'll be playing through that again next.
I picked this up again myself a little while ago, haven' t got around to it yet. Great game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

icemann

Post by icemann » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 am

Currently playing Dark Cloud on PS2. Excellent game. I'm divided on whether it's the better game of between it and Dark Chronicle.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Sonic Mania. It's really good, I'm actually surprised they managed to capture the feel and thought out level design of the classic 2D Sonics so well.

Looks like community-powered game development and content could be the new big deal going into the near future.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue May 07, 2019 5:58 am

In touching distance of finishing the last DLC in AC Origins. Should have the Plat in the next day or so.

That's how you do extra content, it's bigger than most standalone games!

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Dark Souls Remastered and Resident Evil 2 on my PS4.

Theme Park on my 3DO.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu May 09, 2019 5:02 pm

And that's Origins and both DLC packs 100% done. 160 hours in total, what a game.

Going to do the 'Discovery Tour' now. The only real complaint I had about the game is that it's the first AC where I didn't feel as though I learned very much. The previous instalments were heavy on the historical context but this one could have been set in a fantasy land - I climbed the Sphinx but I wasn't told anything about it for example. The Tour should fix that (plus it's a few free trophies).

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue May 14, 2019 2:19 pm

djcarlos wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:02 pm
And that's Origins and both DLC packs 100% done. 160 hours in total, what a game.

Going to do the 'Discovery Tour' now. The only real complaint I had about the game is that it's the first AC where I didn't feel as though I learned very much. The previous instalments were heavy on the historical context but this one could have been set in a fantasy land - I climbed the Sphinx but I wasn't told anything about it for example. The Tour should fix that (plus it's a few free trophies).
Nice. I've had a month long hiatus from all games but went back to this Friday. I've put just over 60 hours in now... Found those Elephants, got killed pretty quickly. I was only level 36 though so I'll head back later. I'm at the point in the story where I've killed the crocodile and I have to go see Cleopatra to progress so I've been mopping up all the ? Love this game.

You going straight into Odyssey or having a break an playing something a little shorter :)

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 pm

I usually give it a year between ACs. Hopefully the GOTY or Gold version will be out in time for my traditional Christmas pressie :D

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 am

My G/f has been playing AC Odyssey while I occasionally watch. I think she's clocked nearly 200 hours so has definitely had her money's worth.
I was playing the original AC recently. Funny to see them "side by side".

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Wed May 15, 2019 12:06 pm

djcarlos wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 pm
I usually give it a year between ACs. Hopefully the GOTY or Gold version will be out in time for my traditional Christmas pressie :D

It's already out! The gold edition includes AC3 remastered plus all dlc. It was £36 on The Game Collection last month. Worth keeping an eye on Hot UK Deals.
SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 am
My G/f has been playing AC Odyssey while I occasionally watch. I think she's clocked nearly 200 hours so has definitely had her money's worth.
I was playing the original AC recently. Funny to see them "side by side".
I have a soft spot for the original, it's very repetitive but still a lot of fun.

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Neutron (C64) - excellent game intended for the RGCD 16K cartridge competition, it's a superb vertically scrolling shoot em up with echoes of the classic Starforce
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed May 15, 2019 5:41 pm

After the giddy heights of Origins, I've hit my PS+ backlog and have started Monster Jam Battlegrounds on PS3.

Oh dear :lol:

155 hours to Platinum AC:O.

At this rate I'll have the Monster Jam Platinum in about 6.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 am

Currently, a ton of Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed. I owned this upon the original release, but don’t remember being overly impressed with it and either traded/sold/gave it away. Had an urge to revisit it for some reason and picked up a cheap pre-owned copy, so glad I did. I wonder what I was thinking back then, because as of now, I’d certainly rank it among the top-tier Mario Karts (original, Super Circuit, DS, MK8D). The most important thing is the handling, it’s a slightly tighter version of OutRun 2’s already sublime powersliding, which along with the tricks on the right stick allows for some seriously impressive boost chains once you’re familiar with a course. It looks and sounds great, and the amount of fan-service in ridiculous, the HotD course in particular is brilliant. I’m trying to three-star everything, the normal races, traffic and boost challenges are all great fun. Only downsides are the pursuits, which are tedious once you hit the third zones where the tank is leaving walls behind it, and the battle races which takes Mario Karts randomness and jack it up to ridiculous extremes. Altogether though, a wonderful package, and I’m kind of sad that the new one has gone back to Sonic only.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm

^ Great game for sure, the closest to a modern-day "Diddy Kong Racing" imo. Pure Sega fan service too.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 am

I have been trying to give my old Wii U a bit of love in recent weeks, and purchased a digital (and exclusive to Wii U at the time of writing this post) game called "Affordable Space Adventures". Really finding it enjoyable, despite a lot of trial and error! Makes great use of the Wii U Gamepad as a "heads down display", which explains why its still an exclusive, and has a kind of Portal vibe in terms of puzzle solving and its atmosphere.

Definitely recommend it, think its about £15 on e-shop, so quite "Affordable" and therefore true to its name, and unlike many of the Wii U library, its highly unlikely to ever get a Switch port.