What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by pratty » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Mostly Golf Story on the Switch, very relaxing to play and easy to chip away at, pun intended. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Ploughing through Shenmue at the moment. Been really impressed with the port and how it controls. I have had my save corrupt twice though which apparently has a fix in the next patch. Thankfully psplus cloud save did its job. Also on with the telltale batman game. Same old telltale which is no bad thing.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Lego Marvel Superheroes.

Really enjoying this. Finding it quite relaxing going round the city finding character tokens, completing side missions and just generally flying around as Iron Man.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Just cracked open my 8 year old copy of Resonance of Fate for the first time, after having heard of the HD Remaster that's on it's way.

Wait, is it HD Remaster? HHD ? HD*2?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Been playing Urban Reign on PS2. Surprisingly challenging and doesn't follow a typical beat 'em up structure as I expected.

Also it takes 30 missions before any sort of story cutscene and before you get to use two characters for team-up special moves. Multiplayer for the story mode is also off-limits until then. I can't believe it takes so long to get going. It's not like these first 30 missions are tutorial walkovers either because many of them are absolutely b*****d hard and completely unforgiving unless you've somewhat mastered the evasion/counter system (there is no block/guard feature). Easy to see how people could have binned the game off, assuming that it wasn't going to get any better.

Looking forward to unlocking Paul Phoenix from Tekken :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sega_MegaDive

Post by Sega_MegaDive » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Daytona USA on the Dreamcast. Mastering the Advanced map at the minute.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm
Been playing Urban Reign on PS2. Surprisingly challenging and doesn't follow a typical beat 'em up structure as I expected.

Also it takes 30 missions before any sort of story cutscene and before you get to use two characters for team-up special moves. Multiplayer for the story mode is also off-limits until then. I can't believe it takes so long to get going. It's not like these first 30 missions are tutorial walkovers either because many of them are absolutely b*****d hard and completely unforgiving unless you've somewhat mastered the evasion/counter system (there is no block/guard feature). Easy to see how people could have binned the game off, assuming that it wasn't going to get any better.

Looking forward to unlocking Paul Phoenix from Tekken :)
Yeah. I love the game, but its definitely tough until the counter system clicks. Once it does it feels so darn good. And yeah, Law and Paul are fantastic to use.

I've mainly been finishing games lately. 90 hours later and I finished Yakuza 3 on the PS4, managing to get the mini game master trophy :mrgreen:
Got the plat trophy on Spidey on the PS4. Again, absolutely loved this one and I was super happy that this new Spidey game was all I wanted it to be.
Lastly, been playing loads of Hollow Knight. Really enjoying this one recently. Still have a few % to get for complete completion on the game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Grid Runner on my Android phone.
I'm not doing too bad, but my high score is only 77161, miles of the high-score table!
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Midweek Mega Drive Madness

Rocket Knight Adventures
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Flicky
Lemmings
Press Play On Tape

Josh Root

Post by Josh Root » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:35 am

I'm currently playing:

1. Fifa 16 (still gathering money for the 19')
2. Mortal Kombat XL :twisted:
3. Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain (I'm just 1 mission away from finishing the game Mission 48 Extreme Code Talker is kicking my rear)
4. Resident Evil Revelations 2 :D

Feel free to reply to me!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2) - I passed over this when it was current because of all the chav and EA shovelware connotations but that was a serious mistake! Aside from some dodgy music (there ARE a few good tracks...), the game is really enjoyable with great, varied racing, a nice free-roam aspect and really accurately-modelled cars (probably some of the best I have seen on the PS2). Visually the game still looks damn good even all these years later with very little in the way of 'jaggies' or nasty textures. I've really gotten back into my cars over the last few years so I appreciate a good racer that taps into 'the scene' like NFSU2.

I intend to hunt out the original Most Wanted and Carbon next since those are also looked upon favourably. The games that came after seem to have had a pretty mixed reception, especially the newer NFS games on modern systems.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

NFSU2 is an excellent game.
This and the 2012 Hot Pursuit are my favourites.

Post by 3703 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Ridge Racer 3D (3DS)

I love Ridge Racer. It doesn't matter how many times they rehash it, I'm all over it every time.

I hope the rumour of RR8 for the Switch is true!!

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Sin and Punishment on the Wii. Good fun so far, I'm only playing on easy though.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Mega Drive Monday

Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Golden Axe
Bonanza Bros
Taz-Mania
Press Play On Tape